• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
The comentary was better than that garbage someone please tell that those were two randoms and not mewto2king and mango. thats the match everyone has been waiting for!? I want my money back

Melee is finshed after that poor display.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Exactly!

At least Mango and M2K did play earlier in the bracket, so people got to see them play. But even then M2K was being stupid and gave up up on the last match.

It's like they don't seem to realize that their tournament winnings are funded entirely by people who came to that tournament to see them play competitively. 99% of the people who go to a tournament have no chance at winning. None. They go to watch the matches. (and hang out) It makes me so mad. They're just spitting in the face of everyone who went there.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Drephen and PC were by far the best commentators in my opinion. Mogwai just sounded like a whiny ***** towards the end, which makes me mute the sound every time I try to enjoy these videos. I still think the Grand Finals set matches 2, 3, and 4 are pretty entertaining but the first one really signaled M2K practically giving up.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i loved wife and scar as commentators, they made me laugh lol

and I agree with alt f4, people go to tournaments for experience, both smash and community, and when the matches are a let down, especially grand finals, it turns them off from returning which hurts everyone

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
speaking of tournaments, is anyone else from tucson going to GENESIS? i'm pretty sure me and enrique(2021) are and if anyone wants to go we could use the extra share of gas money.
i have a pretty big Jeep and was planning on sleeping in that to cut down on travel cost so i hope thats cool with anyone interested. if more people want to go than space permit i have a mini van at my disposal also but sleeping would be a little awkward. thanks.

P.S. where can i find the grand finals and all the other videos not on youtube for Revival of Melee?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Smash World Forums > Super Smash Bros. Melee > Video Discussion > Tournament Videos > LULZ

Everyone in AZ needs to think of a definite carpooling thingy for Genesis.
---
AND HOW DID MANGO JUICE GO?!?
---
Bah, saw the results...Let's roll more heads next time, AZ. Good job, though.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
speaking of tournaments, is anyone else from tucson going to GENESIS? i'm pretty sure me and enrique(2021) are and if anyone wants to go we could use the extra share of gas money.
i have a pretty big Jeep and was planning on sleeping in that to cut down on travel cost so i hope thats cool with anyone interested. if more people want to go than space permit i have a mini van at my disposal also but sleeping would be a little awkward. thanks.

P.S. where can i find the grand finals and all the other videos not on youtube for Revival of Melee?
I want to go

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Smash World Forums > Super Smash Bros. Melee > Video Discussion > Tournament Videos > LULZ

Everyone in AZ needs to think of a definite carpooling thingy for Genesis.
---
AND HOW DID MANGO JUICE GO?!?
---
Bah, saw the results...Let's roll more heads next time, AZ. Good job, though.
AZ did pretty well, but should have done better.

Sean, Tony, and Rob got 6th, 7th, and 4th respectively.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
ty - i want to go but i dont think i can afford to, nor will i be in tucson for the summer...but if something changes i will surely let you know!

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I was going to go to Genesis, but why? I'd just be wasting a few hundred for nothing. I'm good, but I can't beat the pros whoo will be going. V.v Ohwell, atleast I can buy a new guitar/laptop with the money I've saved!.

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
I was going to go to Genesis, but why? I'd just be wasting a few hundred for nothing. I'm good, but I can't beat the pros whoo will be going. V.v Ohwell, atleast I can buy a new guitar/laptop with the money I've saved!.
That's a horrible attitude to have.

It's a lot of fun, plus experience against the best players in the world.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
and you don't have to enter the tourney itself. I think you can just pay the spectator fee and still do friendlies, which is prolly what i would do if i wanna go but can't afford entry lol

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
a couple reasons why im going to enter in gen.

1) i have a job now with extra money
2) im not saving up for anything
3) i want to have fun there
4) ?
5) profit!
6) id like to see how i do

if i don't enter, i know ill regret it. im not expecting to win, or even place up there but i know ill have a great time doing it :)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
If people always went with a "I'm not going to win, so why enter?" mentality, no one would ever go to tourneys except one or two people. As Dan said a few pages back, 99% of people have no chance of winning a tourney. They go to make friends and have fun.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, who would be interested in a Halo LAN at my place sometime soon? Halo 3, all MLG v6 gametypes. Just for smashers who also play Halo. The last one was pretty sweet, I wanna do it again.

Though this time we should play it like smashers! I say we do Advanced Slob picks rather than a set list of maps. It'd be way cooler that way.

Who'd be up for it? I know myself, Coty, and probably Dark (but I haven't seen him in a while) would play. Who else? And setups, etc...

fark

Smash Apprentice
ive decided to get back into melee. i wanna play more than brawl and well sf4 sucks( in my opinion). tai lets melee, with gmo. you two are the only ones id wanna play with. i havent quit brawl either.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
But I do :)

Duffy should be at my house Friday if you want to come over and play; the monthly is this Saturday. It's looking a little small right now, though, but I don't see why you shouldn't go.

fark

Smash Apprentice
i might go. i've been debating whether or not to go, im really rusty. and if i go gmo might. tcb were the coolest kids to play smash with. all though this weekend might not be so good for me. friday im helping my friends at their venue( which is where i strongly suggest we host melee and brawl tourneys in az from now on). saturday might work but my tio carlos is coming back to town and we are having a big family bbq.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I REAAAALY want to go to Genesis. I'm not sure about sleeping in a vehicle with a bunch of bros though.

I don't have a fun time sleeping in my mom's truck by myself when I get back from tourneys/smashfests at night >_>

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hey, who would be interested in a Halo LAN at my place sometime soon? Halo 3, all MLG v6 gametypes. Just for smashers who also play Halo. The last one was pretty sweet, I wanna do it again.

Though this time we should play it like smashers! I say we do Advanced Slob picks rather than a set list of maps. It'd be way cooler that way.

Who'd be up for it? I know myself, Coty, and probably Dark (but I haven't seen him in a while) would play. Who else? And setups, etc...
^^^^^ This.

Although we probably have to find another fourth because our friend jeremy is out of town for a couple of weeks to practice for meadowlands. But I'm sure we won't have trouble finding a fourth.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
i might go. i've been debating whether or not to go, im really rusty. and if i go gmo might. tcb were the coolest kids to play smash with. all though this weekend might not be so good for me. friday im helping my friends at their venue( which is where i strongly suggest we host melee and brawl tourneys in az from now on). saturday might work but my tio carlos is coming back to town and we are having a big family bbq.
Also this^^^^^^^

TCB is STB's supercousin crew.

fark

Smash Apprentice
very good times indeed. we must smash and sf4 soon. well probably be doing that sometime this week. well let you know, we usually dont cuz right now steve is the only one with your new number and he forgets to hit you up

fark

Smash Apprentice
ohhhh wack i got a new phone and number. six two three three zero two one one one seven

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
I REAAAALY want to go to Genesis. I'm not sure about sleeping in a vehicle with a bunch of bros though.

I don't have a fun time sleeping in my mom's truck by myself when I get back from tourneys/smashfests at night >_>
i went on tour with a band once, slept in a van full of bros up and down cali and AZ for two and a half weeks.

3 days is not that bad.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so im gonna be lazy and rather then try and find the monthly thread im gonna go ahead and ask tai can you post a link to the tourny?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
^^^^^ This.

Although we probably have to find another fourth because our friend jeremy is out of town for a couple of weeks to practice for meadowlands. But I'm sure we won't have trouble finding a fourth.
Well, when I say "soon" I mean in about a month. It will almost certainly be after Meadowlands. I'd love a rematch. But the Phoenix crew (who, come to think of it, doesn't have anyone that lives in Phoenix...) might have to bring in a ringer or two...

What team is Jeremy on? I'll look out for him. And what's his handle? That's awesome that he's going. He was really good.

Top Bottom