• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
DS, how late are you gonna be playing 'till? I probably wouldn't be able to make it until 6pm or so at the earliest. Will you still be playing then?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That's funny seeing as that's a joke we made up like, 10 months ago, and they're probably better than yours now.

--Tai
that's funny seeing as how you still lose to my Zelda
even though I stopped playing Melee competitively (and nearly at all) after Brawl.

Also, you are the only person I've ever heard give any Zelda johns.

calm down, Tai. We still like you even though you don't have mindgames. You're AZ's mini silent wolf.

<3

Edit: and that joke was more of a statement than a jest. I'd say about 70-30.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So are you going to play Brawl now Kosuke? Or just end it all completely? Don't quit until we play each other at least once.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
why quit melee? it better not be because of brawl any other game is fine.
So are you going to play Brawl now Kosuke?
I can't believe you two are asking me such a question. You probably missed the part of this thread where I spammed my hate for Barlw. I am not going to explain why I hate it AGAIN. If you need me to point it out to you, then look at the game itself. That should give you a good idea. It is, quite frankly, just unplayable for me. I despise it and refuse to touch it. It's an abomination. It's Sakurai's ugly ******* child unleashed upon competitive fighting games. The Smash community, for banning so many things in the game (this holds true for Meele as well), is something I just don't like anymore.

As for answering the real question at hand. No. I'm getting tired of Meele. I seriously would not care if someone stole my controller and my Meele copy (I haven't even touched it in like 5-6 months. Literally). I'm tired of U-Throwing. CG'ing. Stupid repetitive Fox crap. It's all the same. I've been playing this game for too long now. I want to move on to something else.

As Tai put it, &quot;Melee is all about gimps.&quot; Well Tai, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but gimps have lost their novelty.

Whenever I start playing the game, I get bored of it in like 1-2 hours. It's just not something fun to me anymore. I mean, I'll still go to the next few tourneys (maybe), but I'm just not enthusiastic about this game anymore.

If people didn't ban so many things, then I'd be more happy. Especially Wobbling...WTF is wrong with it? Jesus.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I totally remember your spammed hate for Brawl, I thought maybe you got so bored with melee you started playing a little bit of Brawl, but clearly it's still not the case. Still, we should play once before you get completely tired of Melee, if it's any consolation I don't play Fox, he's a f**, and he's a fairy.

**** Fox.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Practicing aint gonna do ****. You need to get another job so you can afford a car and gas. Once you achieve that, your rate of possible smash and social growth will increase exponentially. Make that your first priority.

Yay SV kids in Tucson today.

Only a few more months until I turn 21 woo!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Practicing aint gonna do ****. You need to get another job so you can afford a car and gas. Once you achieve that, your rate of possible smash and social growth will increase exponentially. Make that your first priority.

Yay SV kids in Tucson today.

Only a few more months until I turn 21 woo!
This guy knows what he's talking about.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
just a reminder, im hosting a smashfest today at my place. i live in gilbert with major cross streets of val vista and elliot. let me know if your interested and ill give you more info. ill be on aim if you want to get ahold of me or shoot me a pm.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So my Wii's disc drive won't read any of my discs and now I need to get it repaired. And it breaks down right when texture hack codes come out for Brawl.

I'm trying to avoid sending it to Nintendo because they are evil people, and delete things. I need to find someone that does repairs in Tucson.

rugoodat

Smash Journeyman
that's funny seeing as how you still lose to my Zelda
even though I stopped playing Melee competitively (and nearly at all) after Brawl.

Also, you are the only person I've ever heard give any Zelda johns.

calm down, Tai. We still like you even though you don't have mindgames. You're AZ's mini silent wolf.

<3

Edit: and that joke was more of a statement than a jest. I'd say about 70-30.
Just because I have really good technical skill doesn't mean that your mindgames are better than mine. Tech skill is such a trivial asset in comparison to game knowledge and mindgames.

I lost to your Zelda because I can't take any low tiers seriously outside of Tony's M2 and I just go on auto-pilot when I fight them. How about your other characters? Didn't I **** about every single of your other characters? Including your Samus and Doc which I'm also pretty bad against? Or your mains?

Remember our Falcon dittos? Where I read your techs, jumps, and approaches like a mofo?

No matter, let's stop this argument, since there's no way to PROVE mindgames, and it's bickering about something so abstract.

Also, I know that my mindgames aren't as good as they should be, but that doesn't change that I think I have superior mindgames to yours. Also, that's something I'm actively trying to change, since I realized how worthless it would be to work on tech skill, so I'm focusing my efforts 100% on playing smarter.

Also, please avoid the over-generalization of saying "No mindgames". It's very annoying and untrue.

--Tai

p.p.s. Tommy, I doubt Nintendo will delete your things... but I'm not sure.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
With Nintendo's newest firmware, they make you agree to this thing that basically gives Nintendo permission to "stealth delete" any unauthorized programs installed on your Wii (Homebrew.) I think if I sent it to Nintendo they would delete my Homebrew channel and update my firmware, which hasn't been updated in over a year. Plus it would probably take longer sending it to Nintendo than if I got it done in town.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Just because I have really good technical skill doesn't mean that your mindgames are better than mine. Tech skill is such a trivial asset in comparison to game knowledge and mindgames.
I never said that your mindgames are bad because your tech skill is good. Just that your mindgames are goldfish-esque.

I lost to your Zelda because johnjohnjohnjohnjohn
fixed.

How about your other characters? Didn't I **** about every single of your other characters? Including your Samus and Doc which I'm also pretty bad against? Or your mains?

Remember our Falcon dittos? Where I read your techs, jumps, and approaches like a mofo?
no, you didn't **** them, you beat them.

Remember when Brawl came out and I stopped playing Melee except on the rare occasion that I played with you? Remember when while everybody was playing Brawl and even when they stopped, you sat in your room by yourself everyday for months with Melee practicing cookie-cutter combos as your only entertainment?

I think it's pretty clear that you are best against high tiers (my "mains") because that's all you practice on, but that's still no reason to lose against Zelda or Blacknight's Samus as you claim that your mindgames are good and we all know you have some of the best, if not the best techskill, in AZ.

No matter, let's stop this argument, since there's no way to PROVE mindgames, and it's bickering about something so abstract.
Somehow, I don't think you mind arguing about abstract subjects, seeing as how you are the biggest troll, flamer, and basher when it comes to Brawl.

Brawl vs. Melee is essentially a matter of taste and subjectivity. Not a whole lot of things are as abstract as subjectivity.

Also, I know that my mindgames aren't as good as they should be
That is basically my argument

Also, please avoid the over-generalization of saying "No mindgames". It's very annoying and untrue.
Again, I never said you had no mindgames. Also, you are in no position to say something is annoying with your incessant Brawl complaining, your bashing of AZ, flaming of new people, elitism, constant nagging for money matches, and your countless troll posts.

I like you Tai, but you need to calm down and take it down a peg. You've established tenure in AZ, but have yet to grow up.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Video game forums = High School drama.

So whens the next amazing BRAWL tourny in AZ!?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I never said that your mindgames are bad because your tech skill is good. Just that your mindgames are goldfish-esque.
Except my mindgames are at the very least near yours, although I still think they're better. You can't get by on just tech skill; it's not really viable.

Fair.

no, you didn't **** them, you beat them.
Fair.

I think it's pretty clear that you are best against high tiers (my "mains") because that's all you practice on, but that's still no reason to lose against Zelda or Blacknight's Samus as you claim that your mindgames are good and we all know you have some of the best, if not the best techskill, in AZ.
I was still actually beating your Zelda =/

Somehow, I don't think you mind arguing about abstract subjects, seeing as how you are the biggest troll, flamer, and basher when it comes to Brawl.
Not anymore, actually. Find a post where I'm truly bashing Brawl (rather than just making little jokes about it in Melee Discussion or something, if I've even done that) posted before November 08.

That is basically my argument
See below.

Again, I never said you had no mindgames.
You actually did.

Also, you are in no position to say something is annoying with your incessant Brawl complaining, your bashing of AZ, flaming of new people, elitism, constant nagging for money matches, and your countless troll posts.
I haven't really BASHED Brawl since like, August.

p.s.

you don't have mindgames.
@Pokey:

I don't think I'M hosting it... but IIRC jedirobb said somewhere that it will happen.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Speaking from what I've seen so far, I think the mindgames I only see from Tai are when we play Marth dittos.

Specifically the "run behind him and grab his *** from behind making him think I'll attack him so he'll Sidestep Dodge" one. Don't know why that always gets me.
---
His other characters taking stocks off me is just stupidity/my weird playstyle on my part.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Speaking from what I've seen so far, I think the mindgames I only see from Tai are when we play Marth dittos.

Specifically the "run behind him and grab his *** from behind making him think I'll attack him so he'll Sidestep Dodge" one. Don't know why that always gets me.
---
His other characters taking stocks off me is just stupidity/my weird playstyle on my part.
There's a lot more than that, and you know it =/

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, Taitai... ._.

Well, I guess I have a different definition of them. If you mean something else in terms of mindgames, then they are definitely there. I know what you mean.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I define them as anything that involves predicting or being unpredictable.... or something like that...

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Predicting? Yes, that is something. If you mean tech chasing or roll chasing...To me, that's just basic comboing.

If you mean watching for spot dodges or countering something you know that's coming, then that is a &quot;mindgame&quot;. But I guess my second point falls under "tricking". See, mindgames are very jumbled. :dizzy:

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
My school has internet blocks. They even block some research websites on Google.

So, I use a proxy to get around this stupid system. The proxy website I use screws with the characters.

Top Bottom