• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Dear god Tekken 6?! I'm gonna do some work on that one, and Brawl as well. Maybe I'll even play Street Fighter and Soul Calibur 4.

Tekken 6, Street Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4 better be done on PS3, the way god intended, not on that 360 crap. 360's D-Pad can't handle fighters like the PS3's was made for.

I would also like to know how the pot is going to be split.

The Play N Trade tourney? I won the Play N Trade tourney.

Jetfour got 2nd.

I feel like I've posted this before....

Don't lie.

♥

EDIT: Wait, Tekken 6 doesn't come out until October 27th, what the hell?

DOUBLE EDIT: My avatar is so awesome.
I was trying to get them to shut up.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey jackie the core on campus in the park studen union is hiring, idk if you were looking for something closer to home, i'll keep a look out in this side of town

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Is anyone willing to Smash with me on Monday and/or Tuesday?

Preferably someone in Phoenix or willing to drive up to me.... or if you're important enough, I'd come to you.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
i got a job at walmart and did the orientation thing today. 8-3 is what i did and i had to miss school for it. it was boring as **** but i get money for it. haha hope it doesn't take away from my smash time :(

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I turned in an app last Thursday to Cactus Grill and they said they'd hire me or forward me to core... but I haven't gotten a call so *shrug*. I wanna work at core so I can get free IQ smoothies and free soup every day haha.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I turned in an app last Thursday to Cactus Grill and they said they'd hire me or forward me to core... but I haven't gotten a call so *shrug*. I wanna work at core so I can get free IQ smoothies and free soup every day haha.
*blinks*

Am I the only person that thought this said....

I turned in an app last Thursday to Cactus Grill and they said they'd hire me or forward to core... but I haven't gotten a call so *shrug*. I wanna work at core so I can get free IQ smoothies and free soup every day haha.

fark

Smash Apprentice
i got a job at walmart and did the orientation thing today. 8-3 is what i did and i had to miss school for it. it was boring as **** but i get money for it. haha hope it doesn't take away from my smash time :(

You play metaknight there is no need for smash time

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So this girl asked me to teach her how to play Brawl, she's not one of those weird looking gamer chicks either, this one is actually pretty atractive. So today I taught her the basics like what buttons do what, and YOU MUST RECOVER!, which she had some problems with, but she's starting to get it. She wants to play Kirby right now, like any other girl. But I went over Smashes, Tilts, B-Moves especialy UpB, grabs, aerials and taunts.

What do I teacher her next? Do I make sure she remembers the stuff I taught her today, for the next time we play? And how do I transition her from Brawl to Melee, and maybe to a better character? I briefly explained which characters are good, but she chose Kirby, which isn't too bad in Brawl.

It would be hot if AZ had an attractive female smasher.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
@tommy I would suggest slowly going into AT's...or maybe teach her about the physics of brawl compared to melee, or something but I do think that review is good, but don't do it in a way that makes her mad at you for thinking she doesn't remember, i also think that maybe a routine would be good, depending on her attitude toward the game. I'm speaking from experience since I did this with my gf, and now she hates the game, or at least playing with me, so don't do that! lol

@jackie, nice, I applied too, we'll see I suppose

@cactus, it's a restaurant in Tucson that has some good ****

@ruby I can't today but I want to lol I have study group tonight, and catch-phrase with the girls hall across from mine scheduled :D

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
LOL at piman calling cactuar "cactus" hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DON'T YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO!?

i may be playing smash later in the evening if jackie did his paper :-/

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I just got home. I was like "wow everybody's free, who wants to smash" then I realized that I'm not free and have ten pages of my media law paper left. F*** life.

On the bright side, I was buying Fritos and ran into the cheerleader captain from high school and she wants to treat me to Wing Stop next week, yessss.

lol @ random Cactuar post. The AZ thread is pointless for outsiders to read, so I'm guessing he was bored and felt like post searching "Cactus" and this popped up. <3 Cactuar's Fox

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
that sucks jackie(the paper part, most definitely not the cheerleader captain part)...if I can help lemme know as all I'm doin tonight is catch-phrase and practicing melee alone lol

are we on for tomorrow? if not its cool just wondering

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Not sure, seems 50/50. I might have to pull an all nighter for this paper since I need to do a lot of online, book, article research. Blech law research is the worst, that's why they have the lowest career satisfaction... I guess I should be glad that this is my last out-of-class law assignment ever. I also have a Spanish RPA which always takes me too long -- I'll probably start working on it at 2 tomorrow. If I'm too tired to smash, can I crash on your bed until my econ class at 5 lol.

Wowww I just realized that I've been posting in this thread more than Kosuke AND Tai, I need to block smashboards until spring break haha.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
yeah sure man you can crash here til ur class, or do the hw here too whatever lol

and Tai, what reason was that? (<-- not getting it)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Because Cactuar's Fox ***** Falcon.

Then again, the matchup's pretty bad to begin with, but... eh.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
well today i worked from 11:30 - 8. it sucked. haha im the cart pusher at the walmart on greenfield right by the 60. come by and say sup. tomorrow i work 1-10 X\ kill me. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck im sore from today.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
it is a pretty dumb match. falcon vs space animals is haaaaaaard unless you really know what you're doing.

i got THREE infractions today. sweet.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
boobies > brawl
That was the only infraction I've ever received, heh.
I have a silly question Dan -- have you ever gotten an infraction? haha

I'm smashing at Chris's tonight, I'm basically free for a week since it's spring break and nobody has hired me yet.

Tai, you should house me one day without telling your parents that I'm Vietnamese so that I can evesdrop and watch them in shock when I react to what I say.

Doooook, are you going to be in Phoenix during spring break? And I just realized that I forgot about applying to US Airways, now I feel extra stupid for missing the opportunity to fly wherever for spring break for free >:(

Philippe: America is still extremely boring, if you move to Switzerland permanently I may visit down there if I ever gather enough finances for a Eurotrip. Yayyy swiss chocolate and women.

fridays lobster -- are you friends with Andrew? He randomly added me on MySpace and I'm willing to drive to that side of town next week.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
any luck with those vids, tai?
Oh yeah, I have 3 of them done.... keepvid.com and clipnabber.com are being suuuper gay, and they're not letting me download the fourth one right now... and I kinda have OCD.

p.s. I guess I could do that, Jackie.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a silly question Dan -- have you ever gotten an infraction? haha
Yes, actually! Before I was a mod, I flamed some kid in the Debate Hall. He pushed me to my limit. Here is what I said:

... how did you ever get into the debate hall.

For the sake of my sanity, I'm not going to begin to enumerate your nearly countless misconceptions about science, logic, and the nature of knowledge. I only hope that your excuse is you're too young to know better. A fully grown adult with that amount of ignorance is a dangerous thing.
;) I got a flaming infraction, despite how eloquent I worded it.

Top Bottom