• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Our social room should be called "Snakes on a Plane", being a reference to Southwest Airlines.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
The people that ran the tourney brackets aren't smashboarders, and none of the smashboarders that attended care enough to try to get the brackets. So stop spamming the thread for the brackets when it's been obvious that nobody has them for the past week now.

Tai, I probably won't be going to ACM since I basically won't be traveling out of Tucson for smash for a longggg time.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Nothing is happening at Goop's house tomorrow.

Chuckie found out he has work, and Goop is going to the renaissance fair.

Kosuke, where will you be tomorrow?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Kosuke, I might not show up tomorrow.

My parents aren't picking me up until 1 or 2 (AM), and I don't feel like Smashing with the same person (especially the one that I've played the most) for THAATT long.

We'll see, though.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Kosuke, I might come over at like, 8 PM today.

Try to keep your phone on, and don't leave your mom's.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Is anyone down for smash on Sunday? I'd try and set something up tonight, but I'm going to Bill Engvalls show tonight, so I'm only free for like an hour, lol.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Seth is something else.

Just keep trying.
---
Round 1...Fight!

JUMP BACK! HADOUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN!

You're the best...Around! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!

fark

Smash Apprentice
wow...
you can pretty much perfect seth with anyone on easiest.

jump heavy kick land low heavy kick rinse repeat
if you can do that on your first try... quit

fark

Smash Apprentice
haha oh ok cuz you know i didnt do it. im not saying i perfected him EVERY time but it was a sure fact win
sorry my friend, sf4 is not your game if seth on easiest "cannot be done"

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Its never a sure fact win. I tried jump heavy kick land low heavy kick many times in those 4 hours and never once did it work.

And actually Street Fighter 4 isn't my game, I'm used to 3D fighters like Tekken, Soul Calibur and the newer Mortal Kombats with the exception of Smash. I really am not that into Street Fighter, it makes me feel limited in my movements, and then on top of that I come across ******** characters like Seth....

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Seth is something else.

Just keep trying.
---
Round 1...Fight!

JUMP BACK! HADOUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN!

You're the best...Around! Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!
AHAHA!

is he close?

No?

**** it.

SHORYUKEN!!!!!!!!!

**** Seth!

You can't even beat that crap on 1 Round Easiest with Akuma.

**** Seth!
don't you need to beat seth several times to get akuma?

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
Its never a sure fact win. I tried jump heavy kick land low heavy kick many times in those 4 hours and never once did it work.
Did he zangief grab you out of it? Cuz thats the most irritating thing Ive encountered while playing seth, also you have to punish with the kicks after he does that black hole thing or the sonic booms, I also think ryu would probably be a better choice than akuma because akuma has no stamina whatsoever.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Well to as part of the requirements to unlock Gouken you have to beat Arcade with Akuma, and then beat Arcade with everyone anyway to unlock Seth.

Yeah he did lots of Zangief throws and 3-7 hit Shoryukens. He also liked to finish me with his Ultra right before I came close to beating him.

It's alright though, I finally beat him, and I have everyone unlocked now.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I feel like doing something epic related to Melee this weekend (taking advantage of my spring break).

Probably a several-day Smash adventure.

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try and play with mike hwang aka mr 3rd place at dook's tourney this saturday
Haha, yeah I definitely want to play you. Getting *** kicked = getting better. Sorry I had a Lockheed Martin interview and had to go to Phoenix.

his falco is pretty decent but needs to learn to change it up from time to time jard kept getting him in a nado from a forward b every time
Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, Jar'd got me pretty good with that. Your Olimar was a beast.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
fridayslobster, sorry but I don't know which person you are. Care to clarify for me? A bunch of random people knew my name at the tourney but didn't properly introduce themselves to me. I'm also good at remembering faces but horrible at names.

I think I only smashed once this past week :/

Is anybody traveling for Spring Break?

Tucson -- What non-call center/fast food places are hiring? I haven't had a job of any kind for a couple months now and it's pretty **** frustrating.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I was the asian guy with the backpack, brown courdorouys and kinda long hair, talked for a short bit. Thats all i really can say

jedirobb

Smash Rookie
New DEVASTATION Prize Pots - $10,000.00 up for grabs!

We have now added TWO more games to the $2,000.00 guaranteed prize pot events at DEVASTATION:

Tekken 6, $2000.00 Guaranteed Prize Pot
Guitar Hero World Tour, $2000.00 Guaranteed Prize Pot

These two games put us up to the $10,000.00 point in GUARANTEED PRIZE MONEY!

...and no, WE ARE NOT DONE!

Go, get registered now: http://www.devastationevent.com

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Devastation's not until June? For some reason I thought it was earlier... did it get pushed back or am I just crazy? ;)

I'm probably going to go for the Guitar Hero and Geometry Wars. Though I'll totally get schooled in both!

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
It's been planned for Father's Day for weekend since I can remember.

I think the only game I'll have a remote chance winning in is Brawl. Mind gamezzz. I don't have the technical proficiency for the other games they'll be having... I get lucky with Accent Core every now and then but I'll probably be comboed to death by the pros.

Quick question jedirobb, how is the pot going to be split?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Dear god Tekken 6?! I'm gonna do some work on that one, and Brawl as well. Maybe I'll even play Street Fighter and Soul Calibur 4.

Tekken 6, Street Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4 better be done on PS3, the way god intended, not on that 360 crap. 360's D-Pad can't handle fighters like the PS3's was made for.

I would also like to know how the pot is going to be split.

Who won this tournament?
The Play N Trade tourney? I won the Play N Trade tourney.

Jetfour got 2nd.

I feel like I've posted this before....

I won it. I was there and I have the ROB trophy. Ask anyone.
Don't lie.

♥

EDIT: Wait, Tekken 6 doesn't come out until October 27th, what the hell?

DOUBLE EDIT: My avatar is so awesome.

Top Bottom