• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Well, when I say "soon" I mean in about a month. It will almost certainly be after Meadowlands. I'd love a rematch. But the Phoenix crew (who, come to think of it, doesn't have anyone that lives in Phoenix...) might have to bring in a ringer or two...

What team is Jeremy on? I'll look out for him. And what's his handle? That's awesome that he's going. He was really good.
Oh, that's cool; that will give us a bit of time to prepare. I haven't played since two weeks before midterms. I picked up my sticks just to see how bad the damage was and I could not aim at the head to save my life.

Actually, I think Jeremy is coaching a team. Which one, I don't know. His brother told me he wasn't good enough to play on the team. :p

ringers, eh? we'll have a good time for sure.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Drephen and PC were by far the best commentators in my opinion. Mogwai just sounded like a whiny ***** towards the end, which makes me mute the sound every time I try to enjoy these videos. I still think the Grand Finals set matches 2, 3, and 4 are pretty entertaining but the first one really signaled M2K practically giving up.
Wife is the best commentator in the history of smash; no exceptions.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I don't get it...
---
I picked up Pokemon Platinum today. Everyone else should too. NOW! >:[

Pokemon + Summer time = FUN!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
That's because you don't know the complexity of the way the game is.

I'll show you everything. And plus, you have an R4 Flashcart. Just get it, kthxbai!

Pokemon ***** so much. >.>

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pokemon is shallow. Come on, K. It was fun back in the day, but it's just not designed to be competitive. Half of the stuff in the game has to be banned first in order for it to even REMOTELY come close to competitive. But after that, there's little execution skill and way too many random occurrences.

I had a tendency to get really lucky with critical hits, but I recognized how BS it was. By the way, Manny is freakin' immune to status effects. They never god **** work on him. Ever.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I've been thinking of picking up Platinum. If I have enough money I'll probably get it this weekend.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Eh-heh-heh...

*twiddles thumbs*

-_- ...I dunno. I just find breeding Pokemon and having different teams for different situations fun. >.>

Plus, I find getting other people into games fun! So it's an added bonus if I show Duffy since he hasn't play it ever. ---
Oh yeah, what's more is that they changed movesets and moves that Pokemon can learn (some moves themselves changed as well).

There's a VS. Recorder which allows you to watch and upload your recorded movies within the game! Kinda like Youtube. They kinda work like Xbox Live Leaderboards as well! Spectating random matches is possible also.

What else...

Oh yeah, the game runs generally much, much faster. Surfing, battling animations, the SLOOOOW text is now faster...It's bearable now!

It's a game I will love. :]

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Can someone give me and Duffy a ride to the next AC tourney? Maybe you can stay the night on Friday and just go with us...

I can get a ride, but I don't want to hassle my dad.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I Love Pokemon, except for those Fire types, and most waters.

I may pick up Platinum, still having a lot of fun with Pearl though.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
DOTA!!!!! lol I would play it more but bnet is full of ***s and vouch leagues take too much work

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Dragon Quest IV or V...Eh...I thought I was better off just playing the original NES and SFC versions, respectively.

Ruby, how's that VP game?
I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It's just sitting around on my flashcart. I'll go ahead and play it for a few hours and give you some feedback, though.

Also; I despise DOTA. I only like Wintermaul.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
Alright so........

I'm generally new to the smash scene. I've been lurking for a long time, but i have a major problem, that being having no people to play. I have incredibly protective parents (being a minor) but I' trying to make it to a tournament sometime soon. (My first!) What are some good ones coming up? Also, are there good IC (besides Wobbles of course) and Pika mains in AZ?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hey Orny, I'll help you.
---
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219424

This is a tournament THIS WEEKEND. It is a MELEE tournament. There is no Barlw.
---
There's a player in Tucson named EX who mains IC's as well. Don't know his real name. He just kinda started as well.

As far as I know, there is only one Pikachu main in AZ. He lives in Sierra Vista and goes by Axe...And his is no pushover.
---
Welcome to competitive video gaming...

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
yeah, tag can tear some **** up with pika and ICs as for tournaments theres ususally at least 1 a month and i think cooper is planning on having another here in tucson thatll hell be running,

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
たぶん、それはただ私ですが、ツーソンからの人々が掲示するときはいつも、議論は急死します。

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Alright so........

I'm generally new to the smash scene. I've been lurking for a long time, but i have a major problem, that being having no people to play. I have incredibly protective parents (being a minor) but I' trying to make it to a tournament sometime soon. (My first!) What are some good ones coming up? Also, are there good IC (besides Wobbles of course) and Pika mains in AZ?
No minority johns.

Jar'd is 14, rugoodat is 13, and I'm 15.

Where in Peoria are you? You might be mildly close to me.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to smash tonight? It's Thursday which means it's Friday for me since I don't have school on Fridays :) Just one more exam then Spanish class and I'm freeeeeee. I'd go to ACMM if I didn't have pool parties and drunk UA boobies waiting here in Tucson. All you can eat pancakes at Tri Delt afterwards. God Bless America.

Anyone want my Gamecube, controller, and all 20ish of my games? I'm probably going to give away all of video game stuff soon except for my SNES because b****es love Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart, no lie. Strip Mario <3

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Who wants to smash tonight? It's Thursday which means it's Friday for me since I don't have school on Fridays :) Just one more exam then Spanish class and I'm freeeeeee. I'd go to ACMM if I didn't have pool parties and drunk UA boobies waiting here in Tucson. All you can eat pancakes at Tri Delt afterwards. God Bless America.

Anyone want my Gamecube, controller, and all 20ish of my games? I'm probably going to give away all of video game stuff soon except for my SNES because b****es love Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart, no lie. Strip Mario <3
I want it :)

May I ask why you're giving away all your ****?

NOO are you quitting? **** it, Jackie.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey Orny, I'll help you.
---
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219424

This is a tournament THIS WEEKEND. It is a MELEE tournament. There is no Barlw.
---
There's a player in Tucson named EX who mains IC's as well. Don't know his real name. He just kinda started as well.

As far as I know, there is only one Pikachu main in AZ. He lives in Sierra Vista and goes by Axe...And his is no pushover.
---
Welcome to competitive video gaming...
EX, and TemplarPsi both play Ice Climbers.

Tag$ knows how to play Ice Climbers.

EX's name is Alex.

Also; EX has played since 2006, but he only recently picked up Ice Climbers. He originally played Yoshi, Luigi, and Shiek

Top Bottom