• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Hey, Arizona. I'm Le THieN from Oklahoma, and I'm here to invite you guys to our next, possibly biggest event ever. Since both Kansas and Colorado have inexplicably shown a strong interest in participating in Oklahoma's OH SNAP! v4.0 tournament on 22 November 2008, I'm opening the floor to Arizona to see if you guys would be interested in coming. I'm having a majority of the Texas elite on hand for this event, and with the inclusion of another state (possibly two), we're looking at expanding what would be a strictly OK-TX crew battle into the first-ever Southwest Crew Rumble for Brawl. I posted up this tournament listing a month ago to build up interest in this tournament, and now that I have nearly 80 people confirmed to attend from three different states, I've decided I want to make this event as big as possible.

I've heard rumors that AZ's past it's Brawl phase, but that's not stopping me from extending this invitation to you all. Think about it, guys. Let's make history.

Oklahoma Presents: OH SNAP! v4.0
we appreciate the invite but I don't think anyone is willing to travel for Brawl.

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie
I've been browsing the arizona threads and am sorry to find everyone is obsessed with melee. I admit Brawl currently is inferior to melee BUT melee 7 years to develope Brawl 1 year Nuff said

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie
'Nuff said" is never an adequate explanation for ANYTHING.

Aside from that, welcome to the AZ thread.
Okay I will continue to explain. AT wavedashing,bouncing,wobbling, Etc etc wasn't discovered in melees first year, its had 7 years to gain depth. Brawl has had 1 i'm sure that more AT/Glitches whatever you want to call them will be discovered in the end making brawl not a piece of ****.

Is that 'Nuff said'?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
discovered in melees first year, its had 7 years to gain depth.
True, but Melee didn't boast a fanbase of over 131,120 people back then, either. Not to mention countless innovators such as mew2king and other brilliant players armed with Action Replays dissecting the game frame-by-frame.

I don't mean to offend you by criticizing your word choice of "nuff said" and I mean nothing personally. It's just that if you're going to raise a point, do it properly.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I've been browsing the arizona threads and am sorry to find everyone is obsessed with melee. I admit Brawl currently is inferior to melee BUT melee 7 years to develope Brawl 1 year Nuff said
Okay I will continue to explain. AT wavedashing,bouncing,wobbling, Etc etc wasn't discovered in melees first year, its had 7 years to gain depth. Brawl has had 1 i'm sure that more AT/Glitches whatever you want to call them will be discovered in the end making brawl not a piece of ****.

Is that 'Nuff said'?
The "Brawl has only had one year" argument is pretty invalid.

Melee's metagame was discovered ACCIDENTALLY.

In Brawl, people are actively TRYING to find advanced techniques, and nothing GOOD is discovered. You also have to account for the fundamental differences in the game (no lag cancelling, less hitstun, more floatiness) that make comboing and thorough punishment harder.

Lastly, Melee didn't have the biggest troll in the world (Sakurai) and all of HAL Laboratories trying to MAKE it a competitively worthless game.

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie
True, but Melee didn't boast a fanbase of over 131,120 people back then, either. Not to mention countless innovators such as mew2king and other brilliant players armed with Action Replays dissecting the game frame-by-frame.

I don't mean to offend you by criticizing your word choice of "nuff said" and I mean nothing personally. It's just that if you're going to raise a point, do it properly.
How many serious Smash players are there like mew2king anymore? Alot quit or are casual now...The majority of AT were discovered by accident and often by the casual Smash player. As for speed on the other forums i'm on i've suggested 1.5x movement speed and banning Meta and Snake because the gaps just too huge compared to the other cast. This would make it much more competitive IOP and would probably create alot more possibilitys....

I'm just rambling now I doubt brawl will ever be AS good as melee but it wont be an abomination forever.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread will not devolve into a Melee Vs Brawl debate.

Not on my watch.

Take it to the Brawl rooms, where that kind of spam is expected.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah, there are so many fairies trying to find "advanced" "techniques" in Brawl, it's kinda sad. Just watching them "discover" things that have no value towards anything.

Melee is too good though. Really on of the best games ever. So many knees, lasers, and non consensual sex sessions.

But 64 smash......

Edit: lol, as I was typing this I didn't see AltF4's post. Sorry.

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie
This isn't a melee vs brawl debate it's a whether brawl has potential debate but I dont want to be banned my first day here so i'll stop..........I love both games i've been playing melee since I was 6-7? Sorry if the debate has happened new to this forums.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
This isn't a melee vs brawl debate it's a whether brawl has potential debate but I dont want to be banned my first day here so i'll stop..........I love both games i've been playing melee since I was 6-7? Sorry if the debate has happened new to this forums.
Bah, just stop ruining the mood. Be moody to others and expect them to be moody back.

Don't mention this Brawl has potential BS (Which is actually false). We don't care.
---
I also don't understand why anyone would not like Smash 64.

Here's a recent example battle online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGXnGNvq53o

Really, the major hitstun which allows many different combos is awesome. You probably just haven't played it at all in a long time and think negatively about it because it's so *old* (Which I laugh about if you think that).
---
I'll stop the arguing here as well. <.< Sorry, Dan. I just wanted to get my point across.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
I won't take any part in what this thread has done countless times.

But as for a melee/brawl tournament, consider it in the works.

Wizards Bane

Smash Rookie
Kosuke so your the speaker of everyone in arizona? Does everyone who plays melee on the arizona have a superiority complex and get butthurt when someone contradicts them? You scare people from the game instead of making them want to play Example:: 'Anyone want to play Brawl' Arizona thread response LOL BRAWLS GHEY WTF MAN WHY U PLAY DAT GEM NARB! Last argument sorry altf4

Congrats on scaring me away Smash community *Goes back to Mario Kart*

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
If Kosuke's posts have driven you away, I can't imagine how fast you'd run away if you saw the hatred in his eyes during everyday activities. Even when he's relaxed, he looks like he'd kill you for breathing.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Kosuke so your the speaker of everyone in arizona? Does everyone who plays melee on the arizona have a superiority complex and get butthurt when someone contradicts them? You scare people from the game instead of making them want to play Example:: 'Anyone want to play Brawl' Arizona thread response LOL BRAWLS GHEY WTF MAN WHY U PLAY DAT GEM NARB! Last argument sorry altf4

I will say one thing.

You didn't contradict anything. In fact, you were the one whose facts were proven to be contradictory.
---
G-mo, that's just my normal face. >:[
---
...I just realized that I forgot about the 7777th reply to this thread. God dammit.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Kosuke so your the speaker of everyone in arizona?
Yes, actually. The smash community speaks for itself.
Does everyone who plays melee on the arizona have a superiority complex
Yes. We are all a bunch of *******s and ***** who can't really agree on anything and have a hard time getting along. However, we are coming to the conclusion, as a whole, that Melee is our game.
and get butthurt when someone contradicts them?
Yes. We don't like outlanders who share no common thoughts with us. It's natural in humans. I'm sure that if I said the thing you feel passionately about is no different from something somewhat similar to it, you would possibly, if not assuringly, be enraged over it.
You scare people from the game instead of making them want to play[
We don't make people do anything. We don't put on happy masks to lure you in just for you to find out months later that we are actually jerks. What you see is what you get, and, if you are at the maturity point in your life when you can comprehend/handle that, then it may be a good thing for you to put aside competitive gaming until then.
Example:: 'Anyone want to play Brawl' Arizona thread response LOL BRAWLS GHEY WTF MAN WHY U PLAY DAT GEM NARB!
I'm fairly certain that maXXpower gave you a fine, short reason as to why we don't play Brawl yet you continued to comment further on our inability to give Brawl more useless chances to impress us.
I'll MM you in MK, unless you are playing that n00b MKWii BS >_>

Coreygames, Troll4life, signing out.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if that was pointed at me, derogatory, or sarcastic. There was no feeling in that post in any direction, plus text on the internet doesn't help. Edit or elaborate if you will.

In other words... Lol wut?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if that was pointed at me, derogatory, or sarcastic. There was no feeling in that post in any direction, plus text on the internet doesn't help. Edit or elaborate if you will.

In other words... Lol wut?
Gotta love generalized blanket statements. Anyway, it was just a friendly invitation; a simple "No, but thank you" would have sufficed.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
If Kosuke's posts have driven you away, I can't imagine how fast you'd run away if you saw the hatred in his eyes during everyday activities. Even when he's relaxed, he looks like he'd kill you for breathing.
Its so true too.

Gotta love generalized blanket statements. Anyway, it was just a friendly invitation; a simple "No, but thank you" would have sufficed.
i left a 'no thank you' post a few pages back i think

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Child elitists are always the most amusing.
You felt it was necessary to include this pseudo-insulting sucker punch in? Antagonistic fools are always the most amusing.

HUR HUR C WAT I DID THUR

Please, I'll drop it if you will. I'm sorry. This is just silly.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
You felt it was necessary to include this pseudo-insulting sucker punch in? Antagonistic fools are always the most amusing.

HUR HUR C WAT I DID THUR

Please, I'll drop it if you will. I'm sorry. This is just silly.
Really? It's not considered good manners in most areas of Western society to be a douche first and then offer a handshake immediately after lobbing a primitive retort my direction. Learn some proper etiquette, kid.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Really? It's not considered good manners in most areas of Western society to be a douche first and then offer a handshake immediately after lobbing a primitive retort my direction. Learn some proper etiquette, kid.
I did not know that these words:

Why linger in the past when the future holds so much?
would offend you.

I am dearly terribly sorry. :[

Cecilia K.

Smash Apprentice
Judging from these words, I believe this would mean that Le_THieN was the one to commit the first acts of douchebaggery.

Top Bottom