• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

N

Nightwing87

im not saying im " good "
im saying i beat people who think they're good. ._.

Kant

Smash Rookie
No need to get all "asterisk" on me Gamerguitarist.

Haha, I'm just a tucson smasher, I haven't really gone to any of the tourneys except for the Play N' Trade one and when I was reading through the forum I realized everyone was switching back to melee.

Kant

Smash Rookie
Haha, yeah.... Melee seems to be a much more technical game, there's just too much of a learning curve! Back when I used to play Melee I thought that wavedashing was when you pressed Side L.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Because Melee is better. Brawl is fun, but Melee is much better suited for what the competitive smash scene is looking for.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
So why is "everyone" going back to Melee anyways?

Brawl is a pretty sweet game.
Take that!

Melee is a pretty sweet game. Albeit, one that is more competitive. Brawl is fun, but the competitive department is where it lacks. Don't make me provide my evidence...

(...Has this guy even tried to play Melee competitively?!)
---
Kant, at most, it'll probably take a few days to a week or so to understand all the AT's and what not in Melee. Applying them and learning from your mistakes is the fun part. Just do a Falcon Dair to Knee combo for a KO. There's a good chance you'll be hooked.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm not going to turn this thread into another melee vs brawl thing, so we should stop now. It's just that Melee is what the people want to play. I've been saying since GDC that Brawl isn't as good as Melee and now everyone is starting to agree. So... I just want to play some smash.

BTW, tourny on the 20th

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Take that!

Melee is a pretty sweet game. Albeit, one that is more competitive. Brawl is fun, but the competitive department is where it lacks. Don't make me provide my evidence...

(...Has this guy even tried to play Melee competitively?!)

Yes I have played Melee competitively and I love it, Ganondorf♥

I just like a Brawl a little more.

But I'll stop here so it doesn't turn into a Brawl vs. Melee thread

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i was just checking to see if you're near any of us. your'e near tommy but you're way far from me (at least an hour if not more) and jet4 and forward.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
sean quit but i asked him to play doubles with me at a tourney soon after, and he said he was going to do that and then stop playing again. well, after that tourney, he got really into Pit and now he plays again.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
(...I guess what Dan said really was true. Famous smashers love to lie or are uncertain about quitting.) -_-;

I guess depression and sadness can cause people to take drastic measures, huh?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I guess having your DS stolen and getting beaten by a bunch of guys that you think are worse than you can cause you to take drastic measures.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
No, that's money matching Taj. Taj =/= Tai

Taj
-Big black dude
-**** at melee
-Drinks giant gatorades like its nothing

Tai
-Little Asian kid
-Good at melee
-Does 14-year-old stuff i guess.

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
So im trying to get into Brawl more since the majority of the tourneys now are Brawl not Melee =(

i saw GG7 play some C. Falcon and so i was like ill give it a try trying to find a friendly character ot use and im really liking him i got a couple videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmoZ1_f55Q and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g_BDBq1qGc

could I maybe get some tips to improve my game if theres something I do that iIshouldn't?

Top Bottom