• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
So im trying to get into Brawl more since the majority of the tourneys now are Brawl not Melee =(

i saw GG7 play some C. Falcon and so i was like ill give it a try trying to find a friendly character ot use and im really liking him i got a couple videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmoZ1_f55Q and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g_BDBq1qGc

could I maybe get some tips to improve my game if theres something I do that iIshouldn't?
Go to the Melee tournament which is going to be on the 20th of September. Many people are going to be there. Even people from Sierra Vista/Tucson are coming!

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
Go to the Melee tournament which is going to be on the 20th of September. Many people are going to be there. Even people from Sierra Vista/Tucson are coming!
i would be happy to but thats my birthday and i have ot go to this 2 hour meeting at 1 for the people to people student ambassadorprogram soo i cant as much as id like to go:urg:

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
you were asking me for C. Falcon brawl tips?

just a few quick ones
-Don't spam the knee. it's not like in melee. only use knee more when your'e really good at hitting with it like me, ask forward lol.
-Jab jab grab is bread and butter.
-If you fast fall the first hit of your nair, it pops them up just enough for grab, so naturally nair, jab jab grab works.
-Use more autocancel dair, and punish lag with it when you can

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
you were asking me for C. Falcon brawl tips?

just a few quick ones
-Don't spam the knee. it's not like in melee. only use knee more when your'e really good at hitting with it like me, ask forward lol.
-Jab jab grab is bread and butter.
-If you fast fall the first hit of your nair, it pops them up just enough for grab, so naturally nair, jab jab grab works.
-Use more autocancel dair, and punish lag with it when you can

alright thanks ill work on it

is there any good strategy against fighting a snake? or just using what you said above?

also is there any faults in using that grab knee off the stage combo?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
against snake, dno't try to knee him out of his up-b. either dair him if he's below or in front of you (because the dair that sends them away is actually useful agianst his recovery) and watch his percentage because it may take a few dairs to kill him due to his recovery being so good and hit stun being garbage.

if he's in front of you or above you, up-b him. the grab hitbox on it is huge. but try to do it in the early frames when he starts the up-b, because if he drops or aiddodges off and you miss the cypher (aim for the cypher) then you'll die.

of course use the stuff from above too, but a couple more tips against snake would be

-Be careful with (grounded) falcon kick. do not use it at low damage because he'll either land and ftilt you, or bair you. if he's at a good amount of damage its pretty safe move if he doesn't block it.
-at 0% and maybe up to like 5 or 10%, you can falcon kick snake from above and it'll do like 23-25% damage. if he blocks it you're ****ed.
-approach with grabs a lot becuase if he shields any of your aerials its a free grab or ftilt for him. don't ALWAYS try to grab though cause he may spot dodge.

that's just a few things off the top of my head. for the 'grab knee off the stage combo' do you mean dthrow to knee? cause i never land that ****.

oh yeah and kill moves against snake. upsmash kills probbably at 120% maybe. dsmash is good too and i use it personally for punishing rolls but i don't know the percentage for killing him off the top of my head. Knee if you use it at the right time. uair will also be a semi-common kill move since he doesn't really die so once he hits the usual 180% a uair may kill him LOL.

try to gimp him whenever possible with the dair, but don't be too jump-off-the-stage happy because you may jump right into a nair which does 28% fresh.

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
yeah the down grab you have to run off and go straight for the knee as soon as they fly off because they usually airdodge to prevent another ariel hit and during that since the loss of directional air doge they fall and will be forced into it other characters just naturally fall to get the lower part of the stage for a safer recovery

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah the down grab you have to run off and go straight for the knee as soon as they fly off because they usually airdodge to prevent another ariel hit and during that since the loss of directional air doge they fall and will beforved into it other characters just naturally fall to get the lower part of the stage for a safer recovery
Learn2Type

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
I fixed it happy Tommy haha just wait till my falcon beats your snake i think you'll shut up for awhile also when it happens NO JOHNS

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
lol sweet i love cripples

so me and tommy are two ofthe 3 maybe 4 top players in the gaming club at our school and we were planning to have money matches but tommy is renowned for being the best (even though he isnt =p) and since the newcommers dont know im just as good whats the best way into tricking them into the matches without them yelling out hustler?? (meaning i cant just look lame and then be amazing)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i beat tommy in a money match snake v falcon and the only match i lost (the 3rd one) was because i kept taunting over and over and over and over and over for two stocks.

everyone was like SHUT UP

show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
lol sweet i love cripples

So Tommy is two of the three, maybe four top players in the Gaming Club, and all of Ironwood Ridge High School. He was planning to have money matches but Tommy is renowned for being the best, (SO TRUE =p) and since the new commers don't know how great he is, what's the best way into tricking them into money matches without them thinking he is a hustler?(since he's so **** amazing)
Fix'd, also Fix'd Grammar

i beat tommy in a money match snake v falcon and the only match i lost (the 3rd one) was because i kept taunting over and over and over and over and over for two stocks.

everyone was like SHUT UP

show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves show me your moves
ಥ_ಥ

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
hahaha i was sooo close until my head was crushed under his heel but anyways any help into tricking people into money matches (gaurenteed wins) but they just cant know they dont stand achance

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
Lol you people.

I lost all melee skill long ago...
and my parents won't let me go to inhouse tournies!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i'll money match you for your sister jackie. but you have to use uh

hmmm...

your falcon.

yeah, i win against your falcon
only

Top Bottom