• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Howdy

Smash Rookie
You didn't edit anything... you just said "edit" >_>

Anyway, good to hear someone is trying to improve themselves. While I may not believe that you should waste your time on Brawl instead of Melee, others will disagree. I play Pit in Brawl and Samus in melee and I plan on going to azots.

I was the one who Boxed Taj... if you can even call it that.
Well I used the Edit button to do it, maybe I just tricked the system. Melee is hard and old, it would take me way too long to learn. I heard about wavedashing about a year after I quit Melee. Brawl is simple and new, there's less catch-up. I don't remember anybody actually taking the boxing challenge, guess I missed it.

About looking like M2K, I couldn't really tell you. If you find that crowd video from Dook Digity I was the first person you see, next to Irish. I'm the one that doesn't look Irish.

Also, I live in south-ish Scottsdale, I don't mind driving as long as we're not talking Tucson.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
What second are you at? And just tell us like, what we could use to identify you in the video.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
The boards don't count edits until a certain time (like 5 minutes) has passed since you posted.

I thought I was the only one that noticed.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Howdy, at the VERY MOST (and I cannot stress this enough), it would take about a week's worth of preparation practice to get down the Advance Techniques and probably a character or two's nuances and what not in Melee. And it's much more worth it than Brawl. I mean, how long does is it take to learn how to wavedash? Two minutes?

In2D

Smash Apprentice
haha I know how you feel timmy, the amount of time that I put into FFXI was crazzzzzzy! And pretty sure melee is dying and really not worth the time to get into competitive playing for the first time.

Howdy

Smash Rookie
Why exactly would Melee be better for mindgames practice? Wouldn't I pick that up playing Brawl just as well? I'll probably play a little Melee if I get the chance, just for a change. I'm sure I'd be a little better now than when I quit, soon as I get used to the pace again.

Kosuke, you obviously love you some Melee, but I'm gonna agree with 2D here. It does look like Melee is on it's way out, and I can be more sure that Brawl is going to be popular for a while.

FFXI was insane, that's the most unforgiving leveling system I've ever known.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Howdy, at the VERY MOST (and I cannot stress this enough), it would take about a week's worth of preparation practice to get down the Advance Techniques and probably a character or two's nuances and what not in Melee. And it's much more worth it than Brawl. I mean, how long does is it take to learn how to wavedash? Two minutes?

And yet, so many people still cannot properly time Fox's drillshine on people's shields.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
The most unforgiving leveling system yet I had 3 75s some 50s and a couple of 37s. God I loved that game.

I

Irish_Knight

Well I used the Edit button to do it, maybe I just tricked the system. Melee is hard and old, it would take me way too long to learn. I heard about wavedashing about a year after I quit Melee. Brawl is simple and new, there's less catch-up. I don't remember anybody actually taking the boxing challenge, guess I missed it.

About looking like M2K, I couldn't really tell you. If you find that crowd video from Dook Digity I was the first person you see, next to Irish. I'm the one that doesn't look Irish.

Also, I live in south-ish Scottsdale, I don't mind driving as long as we're not talking Tucson.
I'm the one that looks Irish :D And yeah, Howdy and I really want to play some more good players, because not many of our friends are any good. The random tourney was fun, but I didn't get a chance to play as many friendlies as I would have liked.

Howdy

Smash Rookie
That guy knocked me to losers bracket straight off at the tourney. What a jerk. **** people trashing me with characters I've never played against before... just not fair.

I've got all sorts of free time for smash, I just don't own a Wii so I need to find other people with free time AND a Wii.

Demised

Smash Ace
That guy knocked me to losers bracket straight off at the tourney. What a jerk. **** people trashing me with characters I've never played against before... just not fair.

I've got all sorts of free time for smash, I just don't own a Wii so I need to find other people with free time AND a Wii.
I dont own a wii either =/

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Howdy, at the VERY MOST (and I cannot stress this enough), it would take about a week's worth of preparation practice to get down the Advance Techniques and probably a character or two's nuances and what not in Melee.

I mean, how long does is it take to learn how to wavedash? Two minutes?

...lol, sure it does, i learned waveshining in one day

but using all of that in an actual match, plus follow-ups... much different. that's a couple extra months of getting four-stocked

Corigames

Smash Hero
Kosuke, you obviously love you some Melee, but I'm gonna agree with 2D here. It does look like Melee is on it's way out, and I can be more sure that Brawl is going to be popular for a while.
I'm holding a Melee tournament next weekend (after this weekend's AZots).

I'm not letting our melee die to a wannabe game.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Howdy and In2D, what were your mains and sub jobs in FFXI? I used to play that game too but quit when I got to Lv75 WHM and THF.

...lol, sure it does, i learned waveshining in one day

but using all of that in an actual match, plus follow-ups... much different. that's a couple extra months of getting four-stocked
Ah yes, true, but then again, that's where the fun lies. :]

And yet, so many people still cannot properly time Fox's drillshine on people's shields.
You shouldn't be drillshining into a shield in the first place.

In2D

Smash Apprentice
75 NIN
75 SAM
75 MNK
58 BLM
37 THF
37 WAR
37 WHM

And a bunch of random jobs under level 37. I've been so tempted to start playing again, what server were you on?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hm, Unicorn, I think.

Also yes, it may be worth it to play it again if you wish (That new expansion pack came out several months ago). Restarting a character would not be an option since you wouldn't get anywhere though, lol

If you could pick up your old character again, it'd be great. I sold mine, though, to some Chinese Gilselling DRGs. The ones who would camp all the NMs. RMTs. So I'll never be able to go back... >_>

In2D

Smash Apprentice
I deleted mine before I left for college actually >.> So replaying isnt much of an option for me either. I guess it was a good thing I did that because otherwise I would have spent too much time on it. Not like I didnt fill that gap with smash though so meh.

I started again a few months before brawl only to stop playing at level 30 or so because I was too pissed at all the stuff I lost. Full equipped SAM with all the best gear and whatnot. It was so much funnnn!

stoNe

Smash Cadet
uhm...if CO wants housing they better ****ing call me soon....or at least PM me...if not by thursday at 5PM Pacific time then my house is open to lots of people.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Yeah I want to play some melee. When are you free?
I'm pretty free to be honest. I'm around the area you live a lot too since my GF works in that plaza on the other side of where target is.

75 NIN
75 SAM
75 MNK
58 BLM
37 THF
37 WAR
37 WHM

And a bunch of random jobs under level 37. I've been so tempted to start playing again, what server were you on?
VIRGIN ALERT

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Tai, if you can, come to my Mom's house again if it is available. We must play Melee one more time before AzOne2.

...BLEARGH

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
oh yeah, speaking of azots, I don't think many (if any) tucson players are going to be able to make it due to work/transportation/father's day plans. :( it's not for sure yet though

if i do hitch a ride down there with my other friend whose visiting his mom, anyone want to house me?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I will house you if you come.

Also...

Its from Noon to 6 pm and bring a swim suit cuz from 7 pm to 11 pm we are going to Sunsplash Waterpark.

Its gonna be fuuuuuuunnnnnn (said like pokey)

Edit: Oh and sorry for no new shoop, I didnt sleep last night and am feeling lazy

Howdy

Smash Rookie
Howdy and In2D, what were your mains and sub jobs in FFXI? I used to play that game too but quit when I got to Lv75 WHM and THF.
75 NIN
75 SAM
75 MNK
58 BLM
37 THF
37 WAR
37 WHM

You guys are crazy, multiple 75s.

I think my higest level was 41 WAR, all that leveling bored me. I got DRG, PAL, RDM, and WHM to 30-something before I got bored of them. I didn't really spend all that much time on MMOs until WoW, which I quit a while ago. I should probably buy Conan, but I'm keeping myself entertained with Smash and other things so why spend the money?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Its from Noon to 6 pm and bring a swim suit cuz from 7 pm to 11 pm we are going to Sunsplash Waterpark.
Ohhhhhhh, can I see if I can bring the Texas people along? They'll be here on Friday! Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, please? They'll be good, I swear! Can I keep 'em? Can I? I'll tell them to bring swim suits! Oh please?

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
oh yeaaaa my friend pozerwolf is coming friday so depending on when he gets here ill see if i can go to sun splash or not but im up for the smash fest

edit: nvm pozer wont be able to make it along with the other texas guys ;(

Corigames

Smash Hero
OH well, I was just informed that TX will not be coming anyway, so screw that. I guess I'll go to the Goopfest though. I just hope that part of the weekend remains.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
allright thanks goop i'll see abou going. there is a slight chance i may have to be picked up from avondale area though if osmeone wants to do that lol

Top Bottom