• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Nicknyte is good at Brawl. Hell, he doesn't even own the game or a Wii. It might be because Luigi is good counter for Toon Link, but, his Luigi is quite annoying. However, he has had a lot of trouble beating me. I beat him pretty much every time. Our matches are close, but I pretty much always win in the end. He needs to mix things up and stop doing what he WANTS to do, and do what he NEEDS to do to win.

There are moves that I like doing with Toon Link (and Wolf) that are cool and fun to do, but won't necessarily win me the match. Its a battle with your own mind and desires really. One wants vindication; proving that they can win with one sole tactic. Thats a fatal error that a lot of players have. I had that issue in Melee, but have gotten over it in Brawl. I win with my Toon Link, because I can read what my opponent does and alter my game accordingly. I do what I HAVE to do to win. Then again, its easier to perform mind games and such, when I have such a vast array of combo and killing moves and projectiles with a character, such as Toon Link. I can't do that same with, say, my Wolf.

I really want to play the said "better" players in Arizona, in IRL matches. NWC is garbage and is a poor and inadequate barometer to measure one's skill at the game. Until Nintendo beefs up their severs and reduces the lag, online matches are only good for casual fun and messing around.

With all honesty, I really feel like I might be one of the best Toon Link players out there. Sure, I don't have combo videos or matches uploaded on Youtube. I've seen Kizzu and Diem's Toon Link's. They are excellent. We all have our own styles, but I will say mine is somewhat similar to Kizzu;s. And the funniest thing about it is, that I haven't actually seen Kizzu play a match with Toon Link until a few days ago.

No one knows who I am, and those reading this post will just write me off as some over zealous, delusional scrub. That is hardly the case though. I am not the best player around, but people here at the U of A can attest to how good my Toon Link REALLY is. Sure, I DO lose. Some days, I get my *** handed to me. But I learn from those matches and tweak my game up a bit, so that I can increase my chances of success. Everytime I play Toon Link (or Wolf) I get better.

I don't fall into that trap of doing the same moves over and over. Again, I do what I MUST do in order to beat my opponent. However, I refuse to resort to spamming or "noob tactics" to win. To me, that is under handed and cheap. If I win, I want to have EARNED that win. I feel really bad when my opponents SD or get caught in attacks that they clearly should have avoided. I want every match to be a good one and one worth remembering and talking about. Yeah, its cool when I three stock people, but its even better when we're both at 150% with one stock each.

Anyway, I really don't know why I wrote all of that. I guess it was something that I've been meaning to say, but didn't know when or where to post it. I don't know....

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
Nicknyte is good at Brawl. Hell, he doesn't even own the game or a Wii. It might be because Luigi is good counter for Toon Link, but, his Luigi is quite annoying. However, he has had a lot of trouble beating me. I beat him pretty much every time. Our matches are close, but I pretty much always win in the end. He needs to mix things up and stop doing what he WANTS to do, and do what he NEEDS to do to win....

...Anyway, I really don't know why I wrote all of that. I guess it was something that I've been meaning to say, but didn't know when or where to post it. I don't know....
ok, good post but that was a good wall of text.. Anyway if you wanna play online for fun or meet up at those UofA thursday tourneys I will be the asian kid with poofy hair.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Nicknyte is good at Brawl. Hell, he doesn't even own the game or a Wii. It might be because Luigi is good counter for Toon Link, but, his Luigi is quite annoying. However, he has had a lot of trouble beating me. I beat him pretty much every time. Our matches are close, but I pretty much always win in the end. He needs to mix things up and stop doing what he WANTS to do, and do what he NEEDS to do to win.

There are moves that I like doing with Toon Link (and Wolf) that are cool and fun to do, but won't necessarily win me the match. Its a battle with your own mind and desires really. One wants vindication; proving that they can win with one sole tactic. Thats a fatal error that a lot of players have. I had that issue in Melee, but have gotten over it in Brawl. I win with my Toon Link, because I can read what my opponent does and alter my game accordingly. I do what I HAVE to do to win. Then again, its easier to perform mind games and such, when I have such a vast array of combo and killing moves and projectiles with a character, such as Toon Link. I can't do that same with, say, my Wolf.

I really want to play the said "better" players in Arizona, in IRL matches. NWC is garbage and is a poor and inadequate barometer to measure one's skill at the game. Until Nintendo beefs up their severs and reduces the lag, online matches are only good for casual fun and messing around.

With all honesty, I really feel like I might be one of the best Toon Link players out there. Sure, I don't have combo videos or matches uploaded on Youtube. I've seen Kizzu and Diem's Toon Link's. They are excellent. We all have our own styles, but I will say mine is somewhat similar to Kizzu;s. And the funniest thing about it is, that I haven't actually seen Kizzu play a match with Toon Link until a few days ago.

No one knows who I am, and those reading this post will just write me off as some over zealous, delusional scrub. That is hardly the case though. I am not the best player around, but people here at the U of A can attest to how good my Toon Link REALLY is. Sure, I DO lose. Some days, I get my *** handed to me. But I learn from those matches and tweak my game up a bit, so that I can increase my chances of success. Everytime I play Toon Link (or Wolf) I get better.

I don't fall into that trap of doing the same moves over and over. Again, I do what I MUST do in order to beat my opponent. However, I refuse to resort to spamming or "noob tactics" to win. To me, that is under handed and cheap. If I win, I want to have EARNED that win. I feel really bad when my opponents SD or get caught in attacks that they clearly should have avoided. I want every match to be a good one and one worth remembering and talking about. Yeah, its cool when I three stock people, but its even better when we're both at 150% with one stock each.

Anyway, I really don't know why I wrote all of that. I guess it was something that I've been meaning to say, but didn't know when or where to post it. I don't know....
Reading that makes me want to hang out and play you in person as well. you live by U of A right? if you give me your address, and maybe some gas money when i get there, i can see about driving out there to play with you.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
What UofA thursday tourneys?!!? I need to play someone at brawl in real life, online is so bad. I've only played Ruben and James and have no idea how good anyone else is.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Reading that makes me want to hang out and play you in person as well. you live by U of A right? if you give me your address, and maybe some gas money when i get there, i can see about driving out there to play with you.
That sounds like a good idea....And yes, I live on campus.

What UofA thursday tourneys?!!? I need to play someone at brawl in real life, online is so bad. I've only played Ruben and James and have no idea how good anyone else is.
I would love to play you. I went to the first tournament. Most people aren't that good and not worth your time. But hey, its all in good fun, and you might see a few good matches.

we should host a round robin in tucson. anyone want to help?
I'll ask Elvis and see what he can do....

Online is horrible someone host a weekend tourney.
The lag is pretty bad. But I've had far worse than that....How did you botch that R.O.B. vs Toon Link match? I SD'd at 0% You had that match in the bag, but somehow I won. :laugh: I want to rematch you IRL man. Oh, by the way, who is your new main?

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I've played PXG before and Gamer lives 5 minutes from me.. I'm like the link between them!

Zelda FTW.
****. Well then, we got set somethin' up. That Zelda is a pain in the ***. I devised a strategy against it. Took me a while, but not nearly as long as to figure out Steve's Ike or Reed's D3. His Dedede is probably my toughest opponent. Zelda is cheap and gimp as ****, but is beatable. Thank God Toon Link and Wolf have projectiles to counter that Din's Fire....

Me Myself and Jy

Smash Cadet
Don't worry. I was somehow able to play today and my friend just got Brawl so I have a place I can practice now. I've been able to mix up some other moves to add more mind games. Always changing. Always improving. Zelda FTW.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Goop?

GOOP!!!!

Hello?

Someone requested a tournament and I haven't seen you pop in here with an amazing picture followed by a date and time!

I'm worried Goop...

...why don't we talk anymore? I feel so distant. I feel like we're falling apart and there's nothing I can do about it. ****, I said I wouldn't cry. I said I wouldn't cry... BAWWWWW COME BACK TO ME GOOP!!!!

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
The lag is pretty bad. But I've had far worse than that....How did you botch that R.O.B. vs Toon Link match? I SD'd at 0% You had that match in the bag, but somehow I won. :laugh: I want to rematch you IRL man. Oh, by the way, who is your new main?
I haven't played with all the characters yet, but I like playing R.O.B. the best right now. And I don't know how I messed up that match lol. And yea the lag on our matches got better towards the end.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Goop?

GOOP!!!!

Hello?

Someone requested a tournament and I haven't seen you pop in here with an amazing picture followed by a date and time!

I'm worried Goop...

...why don't we talk anymore? I feel so distant. I feel like we're falling apart and there's nothing I can do about it. ****, I said I wouldn't cry. I said I wouldn't cry... BAWWWWW COME BACK TO ME GOOP!!!!
You're the one always blowing me off whenever I invite you to places!

No smashfest this week cuz of school and stuff and prolly non next week either, but I will have my tourney on Saturday so come then. It will be fun, I guarantee it.

- Goop, President and Founder of the Mens Warehouse.

Also I am going to make Revolution Crew shirts I was going to go medium for everyone, which includes: CHUK, Alt, Chaos, Light and Dark. Does anyone not want a medium size and want a different size? Tell me ASAP since I am gonna be doing that soon.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I don't care what any of you say, I suck at this game. Also, I may have a smashfest at my house in a couple weeks. We could have a round robin in it. Anyone up for a Tucson Smashfest in around a week or two?

However, occasionally, I go BEAST MODE!

I love packaging.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Also I am going to make Revolution Crew shirts I was going to go medium for everyone, which includes: CHUK, Alt, Chaos, Light and Dark. Does anyone not want a medium size and want a different size? Tell me ASAP since I am gonna be doing that soon.
Can I have a 3XL size? I'm trying to follow the current Rap trend. I also might try to get some plastic "Bling" to go along with it. If I can't get my "ice" I might just wear a clock around my neck. That always gets good responses.

I also have to change my main to black Ganondorf...cuz he's gangsta.

:laugh:

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
I want one to wipe my a$$ with.

Demised

Smash Ace
GO TO GOOPS TOURNEY ON THE 5TH. EVERYBODY NUFF SAID!

Ok Tucson, I am willing to drive people down there to play people but it would have to be like 2-3 weeks from now. Plus we would need housing for atleast one night since if im driving there, i'd like to have atleast 1 night of non stop brawlness or whatever we may do. Who would be interested in going there from Phx / housing and playing us in Tucson. lol

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played with all the characters yet, but I like playing R.O.B. the best right now. And I don't know how I messed up that match lol. And yea the lag on our matches got better towards the end.
Oh ****. Toon Link counter. Wolf should do just fine. :p

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Wario has the longest, thickest, stinkiest, most veiny peepee of them ALL!

Peach calls him Obi Wan Kenobi.

Northbound

Smash Rookie
Wario has the longest, thickest, stinkiest, most veiny peepee of them ALL!

Peach calls him Obi Wan Kenobi.
Uhh.. yea on that note i've noticed that smash near the ASU area happens fairly rarley (once a week at best), and since i can't get on wifi atm ( even if i could it's too lagy to play) as well as my roomate totally sucking at brawl, i'd be willing to try to organize small smashfests throughout the week somewhere at ASU. Please pm me if you would be willing or able to go as well as what time/day of the week would be best for you.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Yes, peepee jokes aside, I still don't see why. Thanks for the laugh though.

ROB has projectiles but so does Toon Link. Wolf is no different except is gun is even worse as a projectile.
Also, Toon Link's attacks come out faster.

There really is no difference to distinguish between them.

<insert picture here>

fark

Smash Apprentice
Attention Attention

AZ AZ AZ
me and my friend are painting controllers for a small fee depending on the request!!
you may be thinking,"but sizzle paints them to why should i go to you"
well we only take a week to do them and the outcome is fantastic,no offense to sizzle

we have only two examples of what we can do at them momment and we will have another example with in the next two weeks

this is just a flat redish pink controller

this is a crappy picture but its a dark green with green splatters on it
this one was also the favorite by many at the stb weekly

we can also put your crews initials or your tag(assuming that it is short enough to fit in the tiny space given)or the icon or your main in the center of the controller where it says nintendo

top shells,one color is 10$
top shell, more than one color is 15$
and the whole controller top and bottom will be 20$

we only except the shells for i do not want to be responsible for any loose feelings on the controller
if you bring the bottom shell please make sure you take the l and r buttons out of it or we will not paint it

if anyone is interested,bring your shells to the stb sucka free saturday with your requests written on a sheet of paper,and i will have it back the following weekly

ps: i will update this with a list of what colors we have by friday

thanks,
****(pokey) of TCB

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Yes, peepee jokes aside, I still don't see why. Thanks for the laugh though.

ROB has projectiles but so does Toon Link. Wolf is no different except is gun is even worse as a projectile.
Also, Toon Link's attacks come out faster.

There really is no difference to distinguish between them.

<insert picture here>
The laser quick and pretty strong. R.O.B. also has a lot of priorty, both on the ground and in the air. Plus, he is very strong and spammy. He is beatable, but probably the most annoying opponent for Toon Link.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
We don't need shirts for recognition, we've got the mojo. The right stuff. What the French call a certain je ne se quoi. Big *****.

Top Bottom