• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Snakeee Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
What's ZSS's best kill move fresh?
I usually use over-b's, tilts, and u-air for racking up damage but my b-air still doesn't kill fresh(Against heavies like Snake). I have a lot of trouble getting kill moves in.

PS-I also saw you playing at CoT4. Watching you was amazing :O

Garde

Smash Ace
The trick to getting kills against the heavies is following them off stage and preventing them from getting back on. Expect them to live into the 160-180% region pretty frequently, as you're not always going to get the opportunity to edge guard them based on how they DI.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snakeee, you said you use Sheik in the Falco matchup? Any chance of me seeing it?
There's nothing recorded yet of that or anything of my Sheik at all really. Possibly on my Wii but I just gave back the Gamebridge I had borrowed so I couldn't put that up either :(

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Were you playing bad vs OBM or do you think the match up vs GAW is really hard. The look on your face after you lost seemed like you were really frustrated at cot4... but i know most of the people there were tired and weren't playing they're best

Garde

Smash Ace
Snakeee, I haven't seen you use this technique, but I just played against a pretty good ZSS player the other night, and he was using jab and then fox trotting out of it. It seems like it's pretty effective, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it as well (if it is possibly obsolete or has a glaring weakness against some characters).

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Snakeee, I haven't seen you use this technique, but I just played against a pretty good ZSS player the other night, and he was using jab and then fox trotting out of it. It seems like it's pretty effective, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it as well (if it is possibly obsolete or has a glaring weakness against some characters).
That ZSS player knows what's up...was his name Shadow Tactics? That's the style I use. foxtrotting at times is a good mindgame, plus I feel more in-control of my character.

So was he just doing a single jab and running away? or did he do it in a way to make you try something laggy and come back and counter it?

BTW I know this was a question for Snakeee but I just want to know...

Snakeee

Smash Master
Were you playing bad vs OBM or do you think the match up vs GAW is really hard. The look on your face after you lost seemed like you were really frustrated at cot4... but i know most of the people there were tired and weren't playing they're best
No, I actually think ZSS has a little bit of an advantage. I was upset because I probably should have won at the end. He was at high damage and charged an up smash while I was off the stage so I started a down B. Then my down B attack did not come out (think my finger slipped) and I just ate an up smash X_X. That wasn't what killed me but it did a lot of damage and that most likely would have KOed him. It was a good set though and he's a really good player.

Now when you say fox trot, that is supposed to mean continuous single dashes. But, it sounds like you're talking about doing one jab and then dashing once away. I'm not sure if that's quick enough to get you away from a grab, but it might be. That could be a good alternative to Down Bing against someone that finds a way to punish, or at least puts themselves in a good position when they expect it. But, I don't know if it works or not.

Garde

Smash Ace
Yeah, sorry, I meant doing a single dash (but stop immediately before you begin the running animation) as though you were going to fox trot, not actually doing successive dashes.

Garde

Smash Ace
Well, a single dash could just be called dashing, as opposed to running or fox trotting. :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've always wondered why people don't distinguish dashing from running. Using dash to describe a long running movement always seemed to be a misnomer.

Garde

Smash Ace
It's because the dash attack in Brawl can be used from both a run and a dash.

In other fighting games, the two terms mean separate things, like in Capcom/SNK games or the Soul Calibur series.

Garde

Smash Ace
Up+air isn't just one of the most reliable (not sure exactly what this means, you can rely on it to KO, or rely on it to hit?), it's one of the easiest to land due to it being active on frame 4 and having very little landing lag, and some pretty generous hitboxes. This is quite possibly her best move, period.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Snakeee, I saw matches of you vs AZ on youtube. I have some advice. Take it if you want.

At the start, you kinda gave him your piece when you ran of the stage. Diddy is like on the top of that list of the characters that you DONT want getting the pieces. They're like super bananas to him. That's probably why he started the match with the intention of just getting to them. I suggest that in this matchup on BF you should try throwing 2 of the pieces,one up and one down, to discourage him from grabbing them in fear of getting hit. if he doesnt get scared and goes for the piece (or you). you can intercept him with an attack. BF is one of the most complex stages to start the pieces with since there's many different options on how to act. I dont think giving them the piece is the way to go though.

Everytime you did a dash attack in an attempt to pick up a banana, you were countered because he knew you were gonna do it. you can pick them up without a dash attack.

When diddy did have a banana I think you were focusing more on the naner than diddy. I think AZ noticed this and baited you into grabbing them. There was a part where he stood there and pulled out a naner and you had chances to hit him (since he has lag) but jumped and picked up the naner in the air and got countered. if diddy pulls out one in the air, you can rush HIM with a uair instead of going for the naner.

when you have a naner you gotta think like a Diddy when fighting him. know their set-ups. Know how to use the banana's to make set-ups against them with mindgames. you Just threw them at him, basically giving them back to him. you NEVER want to give him his naner back. HE WANTS IT.

Dont be afraid to engage to hand to hand combat when given the chance. ZSS is blessed with a very decent up-close game when you can predict grabs and all that by utilizing her 1 frame jabs, tilts, and "dashing" mindgames. Most of what you did up-close was SH bair.

I noticed in the 2nd match he was literally rolling circles around you on Norfair.
ZSS on Norfair is can be extremely broken if you rely on aggressive pressuring game with constant spacing uairs and fairs through platforms. Diddy cant do much since he wont have time to pull out bananas. when you do that thing where you camp/ledgestall on the platforms with down b. you are GIVING HIM TIME to pull out more naners to use against you. Diddy on Norfair w/o his naners cant do much if you are staying below him on the platforms. I noticed he focused on staying on the middle platform to avoid things like this and to give him room to pull out TWO naners.

Diddy with two bananas can be a threat. if you can BAIT him into throwing them you can pick it up and use it against him. When I pick up one of them I either try to bait him into throwing another one so I could have 2 of them (she's deadly with them if used with mindgames) or I pressure with quick lasers making sure to only use them if he's not gonna counter with a naner.

And most important, you let him HAVE THE MOMENTUM. All diddy had to do when next to you was hit you with 2 naners to your shield and grab. This made you become overly defensive and doing this kept diddy at his prime with 2 bananas at his side at all times because you werent there to stop him. You can bait the naner and take them from him. If ZSS is the one running from the enemy on Norfair then there's something wrong. Once diddy has the momemtum (you'll know this if he's dribbling/playing with both of his naners), it can be difficult to get it back. That's why you wanna KEEP the momentum/pressure with you for as long as you can.

I also noticed that you tried doing things like countering airdodges with diddy near ground. his airdodge from what it seems is pretty long. instead of just trying to wait for it in the air. try a mindgame like baiting the airdodge by hitting him with a uair, he's gonna expect you to do another and airdodges, then you can FF to the ground and do a dsmash. trust me, from experience, mindgames like this work all the time.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Thanks for pointing out my mistakes, and I realized most of them though. I really played that pretty badly. It was early but no johns lol. What's weird is that I've won the last couple of sets against NL, and I usually have a pretty good grasp on that match up. I did poorly against Rush on the same day too, so I'm hoping I was just really off against Diddy

So apparently my doubles matches were recorded, and I can't wait until those are put up. For one thing you guys have to see Spam wreck Inui/Atomsk by himself at the end of the first game XD

mnk94

Smash Rookie
Allright i have a question.

I decided to pick up ZSS as she is the most fun to play for me :-).
What is the key to being a good ZSS?
And what should i focus on practicing first?

Thanks in advance.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
mnk94, if you have any further questions that have one answer, I suggest you go to the Q&A thread.

Anyway, how often do you guys (and girls) use your dash attack? It seems easily punished and when you do land what do you follow up with?

cba

Smash Master
i LOVE to do dash attack.
i can get punished but you can shuffle it like Dash then you charge a paralyzer and such.
i like mindgaming by dashing (saying out of range of potential harm but being in range to attack) and Dtilting.
also, i noticed that if you crawl w/ a item in hand and tilt slightly forward and press 'A'you will do a Dtilt instead of throwing the item. in our case, the suit piece. I think its good to then punish w/ the suit piece.
"GET WHAT YOU EXPECTED!!"

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Her dash attack is a really nice move for set-ups but it can be shieldgrabbed if spammed. I try to use it mostly as a punishing move and not an approach unless I use it in a way that makes me end up on the opposite side of my opponent. Use it to exploit any opening by your opponent and you have nothing to worry about.

I also use to pick up my pieces on the ground. know uses for your pieces like say if you were to hit an opponent with a dash attack while picking a piece, you can combo it by throwing the piece down right after.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
so I just bought SF4, played it for 5 mins, and got the three rings of death on my 360 -_-
Aww. I have to get that game tomorrow =/. And sorry for the rings haha. My friend got a red ring so he sent it in. About 3 weeks later he got it again lol.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Jeez what's wrong with everyone getting those red rings. I put my 360 (had it for 2 years) on glass and I haven't gotten any signs of that yet. Maybe I just take care of it better. Still haven't played SF4 yet. (playing that new GTA IV lost and ****ed) anyone know if it's fun and worth being in tournaments (on 360 version)?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Jeez what's wrong with everyone getting those red rings. I put my 360 (had it for 2 years) on glass and I haven't gotten any signs of that yet. Maybe I just take care of it better. Still haven't played SF4 yet. (playing that new GTA IV lost and ****ed) anyone know if it's fun and worth being in tournaments (on 360 version)?
Don't give me that crap lol. I have only a couple of games for 360, I hardly touched the thing (mostly because I don't really life FPS'). I don't even have XBOX live yet. First gen systems just always have tons of problems. Also, my Wii sounds like a Go-Kart, and over half the people I know that have the first gen ones have the exact same problem.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Hello Zamus mains
I desided to pick the sexy lady back up.
On brawls b-day she might become my main.
So question on the Diddy Kong match up hows it played and stuff...

On the 360 thing it has a 33% chance of failure out of the box while PS3(the better system imo) has under 1%.
:D

Top Bottom