• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Cort

Apple Head
What match up you think I can or cant beat you you asked? I'm not sure...........

Peach dittos or still a **** hassel for me.......I dont know why..........>____<

I'll still fight you in a peach ditto when I see you.

And I'm working on something here but I want your opinion. Is Peached at her best when defensive or offense?
Well, there's 600 something matchups. You could probably guess.

I like Peach dittos.

Your last question is horrible, honestly. >_> One of the first things I start off telling newer players around CT was to not ask horribly general questions, and attempt to use their own brains often. It's worked well.

Brookman

Smash Hero
No it hasn't. Every character in this game works the same way, effectively. You just have to camp.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I thought Dark Pch was black, because of how his face looked and the voice pitch he had.

Then again, I have bad description at times as I thought one of my friends was from england. >>
I wanna kick the crap out of you so bad.

I have a spanish acsent (if I spelled the word right). It switches though depending on my mood.

Well, there's 600 something matchups. You could probably guess.

I like Peach dittos.

Your last question is horrible, honestly. >_> One of the first things I start off telling newer players around CT was to not ask horribly general questions, and attempt to use their own brains often. It's worked well.
I'm sorry? O_o

I asked cause People tell me I am too agroo. so I will start playing more patient now. And Peach is a defensive type of character (from what I hear) so I thought that would help me play better.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I'm teaming with a marth player who is very tipper happy this tournament.

Any level suggestions, playstyle adaptions or anything to say about teaming with a marth? In the past i've only teamed with captain falcons, ganondorfs, sheik and puff.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'm teaming with a marth player who is very tipper happy this tournament.

Any level suggestions, playstyle adaptions or anything to say about teaming with a marth? In the past i've only teamed with captain falcons, ganondorfs, sheik and puff.
Use shield a lot if he's tipper happy. ^^ That'll save you from trouble when he goes to KO spree and doesn't look where he swings at.

Cort

Apple Head
Well, from watching the Newlyweds play a lot, and from teaming with PC's Marth somewhat often, there are a lot of great team combos Peach/Marth can pull, ESPECIALLY from each character's DOWN throw. If one of you gets a grab, make sure to combo off of it. If Peach is behind a Marth who has someone grabbed, make sure he dthrows. You can either dsmash (if they're a spacey, or other character at low %s) or charge usmash if they're at a high % for an almost guaranteed kill)

Same thing with Peach, her dthrow sets up for an easy tech chase (you're already covering one of the tech options, the Marth should be able to either combo from Peach's dthrow or cover the remaining 2 tech options, as well as no tech, as long as they have a fairly good reaction time/team mindset) This is all even better if you dthrow them and they're sent towards the ledge, in which case their tech options are limited even MORE.

Also, edge guarding... the Newlyweds will always have Wife edge hog, Husband edge guards as Wife rolls off the stage. It's ridiculously safe, and effective, and covers a ridiculous amount of options.

One of the most important parts of teams is being aware of what's going on, constantly. Having a great reaction time for when an opponent is launched over your way is fairly quintessential, too. Excellent team combos are what separate mediocre teams from the best teams.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Dear Cort,

I know Azen does Maple Story and I believe the King and DSF or something like that play World of Warcraft. Do you have other hobbies besides Smash? I mean I notice that you participate in Writer's Corner on SWF and things like that, but do you play other games possibly that are as time consuming as Smash, MS, or WoW or is there something other than games that you devote as large a portion of your time and what is it?

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Well, from watching the Newlyweds play a lot, and from teaming with PC's Marth somewhat often, there are a lot of great team combos Peach/Marth can pull, ESPECIALLY from each character's DOWN throw. If one of you gets a grab, make sure to combo off of it. If Peach is behind a Marth who has someone grabbed, make sure he dthrows. You can either dsmash (if they're a spacey, or other character at low %s) or charge usmash if they're at a high % for an almost guaranteed kill)

Same thing with Peach, her dthrow sets up for an easy tech chase (you're already covering one of the tech options, the Marth should be able to either combo from Peach's dthrow or cover the remaining 2 tech options, as well as no tech, as long as they have a fairly good reaction time/team mindset) This is all even better if you dthrow them and they're sent towards the ledge, in which case their tech options are limited even MORE.

Also, edge guarding... the Newlyweds will always have Wife edge hog, Husband edge guards as Wife rolls off the stage. It's ridiculously safe, and effective, and covers a ridiculous amount of options.

One of the most important parts of teams is being aware of what's going on, constantly. Having a great reaction time for when an opponent is launched over your way is fairly quintessential, too. Excellent team combos are what separate mediocre teams from the best teams.
Id also like to add that in the marth-peach team, throwing may not always be the best thing to do. If you have time, when marth(well any character really) grabs, peach can just sweetspot an upsmash that will kill at early percents. In teams at vls, i sweet spotted a few upsmashes that completely turned the tide of the battle. Or if peach grabs, marth can just space a tipper.

Cort

Apple Head
Dear Cort,

I know Azen does Maple Story and I believe the King and DSF or something like that play World of Warcraft. Do you have other hobbies besides Smash? I mean I notice that you participate in Writer's Corner on SWF and things like that, but do you play other games possibly that are as time consuming as Smash, MS, or WoW or is there something other than games that you devote as large a portion of your time and what is it?
I played MS with Azen back in beta a lot. I used to play MS a lot in the real servers, I currently have a level 111 Hermit (with fairly ridiculous gear), 87 holy symbol mule (with the name Zelda woo) and a few other ridiculously rare names (I have Link, Samus, some other random ones that people would want) I've gotten ridiculous offers for the IGNs, but I'm waiting to figure out how to safely sell them. I've retired from MS, it's way too time consuming and now it requires spending money to get anywhere quickly in the game. I hope private servers with unique experience/drop rates come out sometime.

Other than videogames, recently earlier this month I signed up for the gym (as a way to lose some weight, maybe get in shape, and it relieves a lot of stress I build up at home with my family/school) I love hanging out with friends whenever opportunities present themselves, too. Basic stuff.

slikvik, could you explain how to always get sweet spots with usmash from a Marth grab?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
slikvik, could you explain how to always get sweet spots with usmash from a Marth grab?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAOsQo4aKY

The spacing may vary depending on who is grabbing, the victim being grabbed, and also whether he/she was grabbed while airborne or ground, but generally you can get the spacing for a shoulder pad when your teammate has someone caught in a grab.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey Cort, what is YOUR strat for fighting fox. I just spent the last 3 hours playing D1. I got some vids recorded but I did not win off the cam. I did well though. We are still playing at my house as I type this message but I'm about to call it a day for smash. he will be here 2morrow though. some good Fox and falco pratice I got today.

So ya, whats your strat on fighting one?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Do you think Peach's Nari can beat another Peach's Bair or will they just clank?

When you have the stitch face, do you have some kind of mindgames against characters who could reflect it back (like Mario's cape or the space animal's reflector?)

Cort

Apple Head
Do you think Peach's Nari can beat another Peach's Bair or will they just clank?

When you have the stitch face, do you have some kind of mindgames against characters who could reflect it back (like Mario's cape or the space animal's reflector?)
First off, no m-word. -_-

I think it's whichever one comes out first and then whichever one is either "strong" or "weak". But usually they'll trade. I don't know for sure.
.......................................................................................
Yeah, I'm lazy. And a little drunk :) But I believe I went over this question before, if you've ever checked the first post.

Cia

das kwl

I think it's whichever one comes out first and then whichever one is either "strong" or "weak". But usually they'll trade. I don't know for sure.

Yeah, I'm lazy. And a little drunk :) But I believe I went over this question before, if you've ever checked the first post.
omfg, please tell me that means u HATE marios and dr.marios!! cuz I wish they'd ****ing die!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
my strat for fighting foxes is to fight a good one a least 3 times a week. also smash DI the hell out of drill shines. also gimp them if u kno how
Guess I'll have D1 train me then. he plays good with all the top? high tiers (not sure about Peach though, and has a crazy Falcon. I'm sure training with him can help me out

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Oops. Sorry.

Err...um....can I say Tricks to replace it?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You could just throw a turnip at him before he starts it, or just space a F-air.

I'm most likely wrong, Cort take it away LOL... it works for me though <_<

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
KevinM you don't play Peach?? lol gtfo

But yeah hit him w/a turnip while he's charging it. If it's in motion space a fair or I just usually Bair. It trades hits sometimes but depending on % that doesn't matter a lot.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If they're coming from below and know how to not go above the ledge into Peach ****, use dair since it can reach below the stage.

Also, edgeguarding with dsmash is bad because it's the easiest attack to edgetech and you have too much lag to continue an edgeguard after it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KevinM you don't play Peach?? lol gtfo

But yeah hit him w/a turnip while he's charging it. If it's in motion space a fair or I just usually Bair. It trades hits sometimes but depending on % that doesn't matter a lot.
Lol, i love you you told me to gtfo and then repeat what i said :chuckle: <33

trademark0013

Smash Champion
to dark peaches ? and to cort:

sometimes i find i can forbidden DI those fsmashes into the ground. i tech off the ground and instant float. the hit sends me off the stage, but i can jus float back as long as i dont let go. its not jus with marth/roy, its with many different characters and attacks. is there a way to make this occur all the time or is it jus in certain situations?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Cort, you got to play my Peach for the first time. so what do you think of me?
You should've asked him during the day you fought him. He might've forgotten or something.

Also, even if you did, he mentioned before he's not good at critique skills and what not, so he might not answer this. I mean, likd he'll probably tell you that you did 'good' or 'decent', but he won't really tell you how to get better, because he sucks with tips like that.

Just thought I point that out.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Cort, first off I witnessed that sick lightshield trick you used yesterday in Marth dittos, that was awesome.
Now for an actual question.
Peach and Marth fight well in almost total opposite levels...now say for example I lose a game with Peach and I had banned Yoshis Story. I decide then to counter with Marth, but one of my best Marth stages is now crossed out...what do you do about these situations??? o_O
(alot of times it does work nicely in your favor though like if your opponent counterpicks an anti-Peach stage or vice versa)

Top Bottom