• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Cort

Apple Head
Is that the French tourny in late February?

If so, maybe. Lol, link me to the topic if you can. I'm lazy >.>

Snakeee

Smash Master
Cort, is that a custom avatar? I started looking around for Death Note avatars and didn't see any. Also, I just saw episode 25 and I'm really pissed off. A million thanks to you and PC for making me realize this show existed.

Cort

Apple Head
I'll try and come to Epita, it sounds really fun.

Also Snakeee, yes it is. You can use a custom avatar and title if you become a premium member.

Death Note is amazing.

Cort

Apple Head
Haha, yeah. People usually let go as soon as they hear Peach yell "YYEEEEAAA!" for the dsmash, but charging it throws off their timing.

Too good. :)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Cort, when will you find the courage to use your secondary characters in a tourtument?

Have you ever thought you would make it this far with Peach in terms of skills and placings?

What do you usually when you have either the saturn or a Bom-omb?

edub

Smash Apprentice
Cort, when will you find the courage to use your secondary characters in a tourtument?

Have you ever thought you would make it this far with Peach in terms of skills and placings?

i was wondering this as well

cort, your marth is really sick... especially against space animals
also your cpt. falcon is pretty bad ***, moonwalking is so cool, and you're so good off the stage with both of these characters

Cort

Apple Head

I don't know. I've used all Marth in some local tournies, and in some larger-local tournies for a few sets, but never -seriously- at regional events except against PC, and jokingly against M2K. >__>

For some reason I'm much shakier using my secondaries in tourny in slightly more unfamiliar matchups, where I could just use Peach. I just end up playing like poopoo too often, and I just can't risk it at tournaments.

Stupid Peach. WHY DID I START PLAYING HER? T_T Oh yeah to beat Chu Dat's Ice Climbers 100% of the time :)

I think if I played Marth from the start, I could potentially be placing higher in tournaments than using my Peach. But you never know. I think I developed a weird Peach style ever since I picked her up, and is a good reason why I place well at tournaments.

Saturns, usually I FC fair and hope they shield, followed by chucking the Saturn. If it bounces twice in their shield, it breaks it. :) Otherwise, I just kind of chuck it right away because it's annoying and has no knockback really. When I'm at high %s, I usually chuck bob-ombs right away because the risk of being attacked and forced to drop my bob-omb on myself is just not worth it, unless ofcourse my opponent is also at a high % :) Then it's just fuxing with their brains, since you can still FC aerials holding a bomb.

Excellent questions.
i was wondering this as well

cort, your marth is really sick... especially against space animals
also your cpt. falcon is pretty bad ***, moonwalking is so cool, and you're so good off the stage with both of these characters
lol, thanks. I've been playing this game for far too long just to be good with 1 character. >_<
ooo ooo I have a question for Cort :)

When will you teach me how to play??
I don't know, whenever we decide to play friendlies finally? :psycho:

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
for the bob-ombs...they wont explode as long as you're holding it right? when i first started using peach my friends said i got really nervous whenever i got good items like the stitichface or a bob-omb and i sometimes wasted them XD. totally off topic but yeah hehehe

Cort

Apple Head
Theres a chance that items will leave your hand should you be hit (I'm assuming the higher % you are, the more likely it happens) and occasionally if you have a bob-omb in hand and someone attacks you, you'll both explode.

greenlink

Smash Apprentice
I dont know why but I'm really interested in knowing what that movie was.
I don't think i was ever told what is was, as i walked in while some friends were watching it but it had to do with some people stranded after a plane crash.

peach question: When should i use the uair and on which charecter?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have not posted questions in here for a while. So lets get some started eh cort?

Why am I the only hispanic Peach main around that is good?

Do you think I can beat you in a match?

Where are you suppose to DI Falcons combos?

When you gonna man up and win a tournament, or do I have to do it for you ;)

Cort

Apple Head
I have not posted questions in here for a while. So lets get some started eh cort?

Why am I the only hispanic Peach main around that is good?

Do you think I can beat you in a match?

Where are you suppose to DI Falcons combos?

When you gonna man up and win a tournament, or do I have to do it for you ;)
1. Xelic is hispanic. And I think he's atleast the 3rd best Peach in the country. Smiles is also hispanic. Hmm... What's VaNz?

2. In what matchup? :laugh:

3. DI AWAY. DI nairs away, uairs away, predict knees and DI up.

4. It's impossible to win a large tournament with Peach. Unless PC stops coming to ESTICLES, it's not going to happen any time soon.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
3. DI AWAY. DI nairs away, uairs away, predict knees and DI up.
If you have moderate damage (nothing major) and aren't right at the edge of the stage would it also be beneficial to DI any bairs away (or not at all?)? It seems like if you DI bair "correctly" (up), Falcon can use it to combo into a knee if he's fast.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yo, Cort. How do I keep myself from feeling too much pressure against Falcon? The difference in speed is too much for me sometimes.

What kind of openings should I look for?
What are good ways to kill him asap?

trademark0013

Smash Champion
u can kill floaties with up air. it can be good b/c its unpredictable and not seen a lot, so ppl dont DI it fast enough. at low percents u can combo. Mikemoney has this sick thing he does with 3 of them, using platorms at extremely low percents, he calls it Peach's Triple Helios.

Cort

Apple Head
I don't think i was ever told what is was, as i walked in while some friends were watching it but it had to do with some people stranded after a plane crash.

dtilt -> uair can kill a lot of characters depending on the %

dair -> uair works great against floaties to kill them, also depending on %/stage/whatnot

You can combo nearly every character with uairs at lower %s, it's pretty remarkable. I should implement it into my game more.

Yo, Cort. How do I keep myself from feeling too much pressure against Falcon? The difference in speed is too much for me sometimes.

What kind of openings should I look for?
What are good ways to kill him asap?
It's hard not to feel pressure from any character running circles around Peach (see: pretty much everyone)

What is REALLY good, but people don't often do, is just.. sitting in your shield. Light shield, sit there, wait. When you think you can jump out of your shield and punish their attempt at spacing an attack at your shield, jump out and instantly nair/bair.

Otherwise, just make sure not to get grabbed too much; don't spam dsmash, you'll often times just get grabbed or kneed right after.

Killing him asap? Get him off the stage, and nearly -every- time anticipate for him to fall back during his up b, Falcons do this so much >_> Work on your edge guarding, as long as you DON'T just sit on the stage chucking turnips and get your butt out there (no pun intended), he should have a really tough time coming back.
I'm definitely 100% cuban both sides of the family my cuba blood is so pure you cut me open i bleed tobacco leaves roll that **** up into a cuban cigar and smoke it.

oh and also.

NUH UH CORT U STOLE ALL MAH MOVES FROM MEH!!!
I forgot about XiF. He's all weird looking anyway, so I don't know what ethnicity he is.

XiF, I think I've watched maybe like, 2 or 3 of your videos, tops. >_>; Stop stealing mah shnoz <3

Cia

das kwl
I don't know, whenever we decide to play friendlies finally? :psycho:
well, me and teczero are going to pc's house during winter break, if u just happened to be there, we could get some matches in. it's funny because whenever i do go to major tournaments, i never play any of the "good" peach players 9_6

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I don't know. I've used all Marth in some local tournies, and in some larger-local tournies for a few sets, but never -seriously- at regional events except against PC, and jokingly against M2K. >__>

For some reason I'm much shakier using my secondaries in tourny in slightly more unfamiliar matchups, where I could just use Peach. I just end up playing like poopoo too often, and I just can't risk it at tournaments.

I think if I played Marth from the start, I could potentially be placing higher in tournaments than using my Peach. But you never know. I think I developed a weird Peach style ever since I picked her up, and is a good reason why I place well at tournaments.
But you look so godly when you play your secondaries. I know you're scared of losing a placing, but you should at least TRY it once in a major tourtument. You never know, you might surprise yourself.

Also, yay for me for giving out excellent questions! ^.^

I'm definitely 100% cuban both sides of the family my cuba blood is so pure you cut me open i bleed tobacco leaves roll that **** up into a cuban cigar and smoke it.
ROFLMAO Tobacco blood XDD That post was top tier XD

Now, back to you, Cort.

You said you got a weird style, but you also said your style was agressive. Do you feel in matches that you're too impatient?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I've noticed that I tend to always pull a turnip when I knock someone across the stage or too far to combo them, do you think this limits peach or leaves her vulnerable in any way?

I play a very turnip heavy game which I blame on playing samus as a main (it even carries over to my ICs and I ice block WAY too much) but I notice that I use turnips a lot more than most people.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

oh and also.

NUH UH CORT U STOLE ALL MAH MOVES FROM MEH!!!
LOL def didnt know you were cuban I would have never guessed that ... ever....

lol >.< If cort doesnt play me at pound 3 my life is sad :(

Cort

Apple Head
well, me and teczero are going to pc's house during winter break, if u just happened to be there, we could get some matches in. it's funny because whenever i do go to major tournaments, i never play any of the "good" peach players 9_6
I'll try and make it. I <3 visits to PC's house. :)
I've noticed that I tend to always pull a turnip when I knock someone across the stage or too far to combo them, do you think this limits peach or leaves her vulnerable in any way?
Usually, no. Turnips are always a safe way to approach in basically every matchup, but you probably shouldn't over do them. If you've got nothing better to do though, why not?
thanks cort
np

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
no one ever thinks i'm cuban but I think I definitely look hispanic. Alot of people actually get that i'm hispanic off that bat. But you know what I also get alot?

that I look jewish >_<

and hen there's papa dave who like many other people say I look like chillindude so assumed i was middle eastern.

So random poll to anyone that has met me:

what ethnicity did you think I was?

Cort

Apple Head
Pfft yeah right XiF. You study my shnoz to no end, steal it, and then pretend you made it up. <3

I couldn't really tell what ethnicity you were. But I completely forgot you were Cuban, for some reason.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What match up you think I can or cant beat you you asked? I'm not sure...........

Peach dittos or still a **** hassel for me.......I dont know why..........>____<

I'll still fight you in a peach ditto when I see you.

And I'm working on something here but I want your opinion. Is Peached at her best when defensive or offense?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
no one ever thinks i'm cuban but I think I definitely look hispanic. Alot of people actually get that i'm hispanic off that bat. But you know what I also get alot?

that I look jewish >_<

and hen there's papa dave who like many other people say I look like chillindude so assumed i was middle eastern.
I thought Dark Pch was black, because of how his face looked and the voice pitch he had.

Then again, I have bad description at times as I thought one of my friends was from england. >>

Top Bottom