• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical "Ask Cactuar Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Gen. Empoleon

Smash Rookie
Is there any way I can get my fingers to move faster? I've having trouble doing the SHDL and the Waveshine.

Also... How do I double shine?

EWC

Smash Ace
Finger speed will come with time. What's more important is precision and making your movements as efficient as possible.
If you can shffl well, then your fingers should be fast enough to waveshine. If you can't then you should perfect that before even trying to learn to waveshine. When you start waveshining, you should focus more on good technique than speed. Make sure to center the control stick before you wavedash, and to go as close to horizontal as possible. These things are easiest to learn when you're still slow. Once you've mastered this, fast waveshines should come very easily.

For SHDL, the easiest thing to do is to short hop with the control stick. The best thing to do though is to slide your thumb from the bottom of y to b.

To doubleshine, you shine, jump, then shine again on the first frame after you leave the ground. This is done the same way a SHDL, but it's harder because there is now only a one frame window for pressing b, instead of three. Don't bother learning this unless you've mastered all the basic stuff, and are really bored lol.

EWC

Smash Ace
In any situation where multishining is useful, there is pretty much always a better option. The only real use for JC shines is to do a single one out of your shield, because it comes out like... 3 frames faster than a grab.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
or to keep multishining as shield pressure but there are alot better ways to shield pressure than that

EWC

Smash Ace
I like to be flashy and killing my opponent at the same time. Then I can be flashy while they're dead.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
its her cha cha...a man put his hoo hoo dilly inside of it and made YOU YAYYY

noodles

Smash Champion
i see people with weird ways to hold the controller what are the dufferent ways to hold it and theyre advantages? if it make it easier to be techy than id be willing to change how i hold my controller

VA

Smash Hero
I just did this combo on Marth in PAL version (low %'s):

Running Shine > Nair > Grab

I think it's inescapable, he falls over from shine then the nair pops him up a bit so you can grab him.

Someone tell me if this works properly/if it's been done before (known about)/if it works in NTSC?

Eggz told me it does but I think he's a liar...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I just did this combo on Marth in PAL version (low %'s):

Running Shine > Nair > Grab

I think it's inescapable, he falls over from shine then the nair pops him up a bit so you can grab him.

Someone tell me if this works properly/if it's been done before (known about)/if it works in NTSC?

Eggz told me it does but I think he's a liar...
They can probably d.i. away from the nair and escape the grab (i.e.: be positioned too far away for you to grab them mid-air)

VA

Smash Hero
Well, I guess not then, I was practicing it on lvl 3 cpu ^^

I know you can running shine > grab, in PAL it seemed pretty good adding in nair > grab

Tero.

Smash Champion
It seems pointless imo. You can do way better stuff than that ...

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
those always work too :)

rayn since cactus' thread is dying make your own! :)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
maybe not in practice but in theory you definitely are..plus some of the things you do arent really commonly seen here in the states :)

Top Bottom