• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical "Ask Cactuar Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

soap

Smash Hero
my method is with Y if i want to do the jump cancels on the ground.

if im cancelling a mid air shine i use the control stick to get that 1 frame jump

soap

Smash Hero
its just a button, i learned everything with R but switched to L cuz i felt R held back my tech by stiffening my right hand. ive switched tons of stuff for efficiency purposes, i used to not use the Cstick too

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I know how the mechanics work, but I've never learned to multishine. It doesn't really work with my style of play.

CandyAppleBlueCherry

Smash Cadet
what's the best way to put shield pressure on a falco? i usually n/d/bair > shine > jc grab but sometimes they go too far to be grabbed (like if he puts up a light shield) and i get punished with shine combos :(

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
cactus sucks as pressing buttons <3 cactus

seriously there is no need to double shine ever with fox

the only time i do it is when i up throw double shine @ the edge

and i rarely do that anymore

Fever for Cowbell

Smash Cadet
uhm go look in the videos thread....tournament videos...then go to **** from Raynex's camera or something...its in there

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
what's the best way to put shield pressure on a falco? i usually n/d/bair > shine > jc grab but sometimes they go too far to be grabbed (like if he puts up a light shield) and i get punished with shine combos :(
um this doesn't really make sense to me

are they getting hit with the shine or no? cuz if so, why are you even trying to grab them and if not, how are they going anywhere?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Actually he doesn't go far from it at all... out of the chars that fall from the shine he's the easiest to waveshine->jab/thunders (in PAL)
The problem with it is that Marth is so floaty that he won't get the forced get up from it, he'll just pop up and away a bit. And from there he will have almost no stun, so he can easily jump away and/or fair before you can do anything (if he's expecting it)

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I've managed to make Marth stand up a couple of times after missing a tech, but it only works at really really low %s.

Also, since Marths never apparently tech the shine, I just do random **** after a shine on Marth. Like nair. Or usmash. Basically thunders combo without the jab. Very unreliable of course, but sometimes you just need to shine, and then it's good to have any type of follow-up.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i think he goes too far from it. From the videos I've seen, it doesn't look like Fox can do anything after a shine vs. Marth.
fox can up-smash marth after shine also grab just have to get the perfect WD out your shine

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
My mistake, people talking about PAL is weird.

If you are fast enough, you can shine Fox, have him fall down, and grab him out of the bounce. Discovered by InfernoOmni a while back, but pretty hard to pull off.

I can only assume it's possible vs other characters, but I've only seen it done in Fox ditto.

Dunno if it works in PAL though.

(Obscure game mechanics knowledge ftw.)

Top Bottom