• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 19th Sudden Death XIV: Scio Logos (Prog's return!) - October 19th, 2013 - Bklyn, NY

LLDL

Smash Hero
Not confirmed yet, but we'll try to get Jersey out here to take over NY for this =) Abate set the pace at no johns, gotta keep it rollin.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Venue $10-This is the good thing, its not like your regular venue. This is actually an arcade, so if you decide to pay venue for the rest of the day we're there you can play whatever games you want in the arcade free of charge! You can play MvC3, SSF4:AE, etc. Have a ball! Courtesy of Henry Cen!
So venue is optional? I have no interest in playing any of the games listed, and I'm already dropping $30 on the bus to get here and back. I don't want to pay another $10 to play games I don't want to play.

Hope to get a lot of good matches in. Would anyone want to team?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Nah they won't let you stay in without paying venue fee and stamping you, unfortunately. D1 was just trying to say it's $10.00 which is steep for some people, but as a plus you get access to everything instead of just Melee.

Also, We can finally do our $1 mm lol

D1

Banned via Administration
$10 Venue is the minimum you can pay at this papa. You don't have to enter if you don't want to though.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Nah, it's understandable. Just seemed like due to the wording that venue was optional. :p

I definitely want to enter, so I'll rustle up the extra $10 for venue. :bee:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I did not know 10 was steep especially when other tournaments are 10 each and they dont give you anything but a tournament...this you get tournament and free play for any game you want...i mean really?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I think $10 is steep, but I understand why it's $10.

Personally I think any venue fee is steep (I don't think players should pay to get into a venue. If it costs more than $20 to enter everything at a tournament, including venue price, I think that is too much -- for locals, at least), but the necessity of it is understandable and undebatable.

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
this looks like this is gonna be pretty damn big. HYPE! this is such an amazing community. i'm so glad i finally decided to take the initiative and get myself involved in this scene.

D1

Just in case you didn't know fellerz there'll be UMvC3 at this as well, I'll spread the word on SRK. I've been hella busy lately so I wasn't able to get the word out sooner. Let errbody know what's up this weekend!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Just my luck, my phone went through a few minutes of a washing cycle. I'm getting the water out and letting it dry and I'll soak it n some rice or something but if I can't get it to turn on, I can't come :/

D1

It's Brooklyn so... pretty much bad.

Who will I see at this during the afternoon?
You're wrong parking is free and Brooklyn is not Manhattan.

Hab don't spread false info you don't even live in my borough.

Lastly if you guys can bring cubes and tvs that'll be greatly appreciated. You already know a TV+a Cube/Wii=5 dollar off venue fee!

Niko45

Smash Master
Yo Hax makes melee feel like Marvel sometimes its stupid. Like, I can really just put the controller down at certain points its just not gonna matter.

Fun tourney gg's all.

Top Bottom