• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 19th Sudden Death XIV: Scio Logos (Prog's return!) - October 19th, 2013 - Bklyn, NY

Max?

Smash Champion
it doesn't help that we don't care about this game anymore either

:phone:
Totally understandable, but it's still fake. Backing down at the last minute after you say you're coming is gay, shows a lack of integrity.

NY melee, dying without the OT.

Called it two months ago

For the record I still love this game and plan on ******. Taking a break has been good, I've also quit smoking weed which I think has helped me out drastically. Go figure, this game is fun when I'm sober.

Needless to say I plan on making a comeback in a big way even if I can't be as involved in the scene as much as I'd like.

Have fun at the tourney today.

**** THOSE *****S WES (mogwai)

Hax

Smash Champion
Jman won 3 times over hax in a bo5 set

get ***** lol
....i lost 2-3 last stock/last hit

we split the money and neither of us were even trying.. just wow lol

i already knew leffen busted a nut every time i lost, but to falsify information to make me look worse.. b**** move

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Maybe New York wouldn't suffer from low turnouts if there wasn't a tournament every weekend. Give people a rest y'all, and schedule your tournaments accordingly.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Every other post I read in these and the No Johns threads are about low turn outs. Back to back tournaments are just asking for a burn out. We just had a 60 man tournament in MD/VA yesterday, probably because we only have a tournament once every 1-2 months

Max?

Smash Champion
I think he just meant in comparions to the 60+ tournaments that happened in Mass and MD/VA yesterday. Results thread?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
When I've been up there, there are only about 20 people. NY used to get like 40+ turn outs on the regular

D1

Banned via Administration
I understand what you mean, and Alex Strife has the results I'm waiting on him.

The thing I also noticed is there's a lot of new talent that comes and either they enter, or they don't. So even if we have a crowded venue, there's like maybe 1/3 or 2 of the players just randomly spectating...which brings me to the question...should we either lower the entry fees since players don't wanna enter to encourage 'em to enter? (Thats how I got new ppl to enter teams in the past) I'm not all for an amateur bracket cuz that wastes time when ppl like to come late to locals already. I think ppl need to start hosting fests more often in the city to get the new players into shape...too many cliques and mad heads not caring enough about the game to wanna train new players which will just leave new players never wanting to enter in the end unless its a major (which is a dumb idea cuz they never practiced at locals to begin with.)

Ugh.

I def agree with the scheduling thing and I couldn't choose any other date this Feb sadly, but I will talk to all the tristate TO's so we can be better organized. Thanks alot for all the feedback guys. Yesterday was still mad hype though wish you guys saw my homeys Fiya and Zero they beasted in teams and made it to Grand Finals for the first time ever.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Dubs vids are up on my youtube (chibosempai). Singles tomorrow. When they're all up I'll make a thread and put convenience links here.

D1

We're back in April! March was too congested for the kid to get anything popping so I wasn't gonna try to squeeze a random tourney on a Sunday. Welcome back to Brooklyn this April! Who's trying to play SFxT at this one?

D1

AtlNorth Melee: Sudden Death 7 @ Next Level!!! - April 14th, 2012 - 4013 8th Ave, Bklyn, NY

It says it before you click the thread mami.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
so im thinking of taking a bus/train here to this, problem is they stop running pretty early and its an expensive trip for me to be only playing for a few hours or so. I was wondering if anybody would be kind enougth to let me crash at their place for the nigth and i can take the train back home sunday morning. Hell i'll settle for the floor as long as its someplace warm >_< .

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Would love to be here but the Pokemon Regional Championships are on this date. I'll be back and streaming with SD8! I believe D1 is still trying to find a replacement stream for the event though so you home monsters won't be out of luck.

Top Bottom