• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 18th (sat), Wii Fighting Game Monthlies @ Get Your Game On in Ann Arbor, MI

ComeBack

Smash Rookie
tight i can't wait for November tourney
i ll see you guys there

i haven't played since the release of the brawl tourney they had in march and i went to cali for finals for MI so can't wait for a challenge.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
vayseth srry for posting my thread on urs but ill come with some friends and ill bring my wii i might only do singles though:urg:

Vayseth

Smash Master
Registration will be from 11 am until 12 noon (ish) for doubles and then singles registration will be at the same time. However, singles registration will reopen during the food break and before we start the tournament for those late-comers.

Also, I want to update you guys on a couple things:

I met with the owner today and the $5 venue fee will be paid directly to the store, not me, I'm only dealing with the money in the pot. Therefore, if you would like, you can trade in old games/systems/whatever, as opposed to paying a venue fee. I would call the store first to see if they have too many of something (and therefore wouldn't take it in) and their number is available on their website (in the OP). So, take advantage of this offer!

Also, I am officially banning Luigi's Mansion at this tournament. I think the stage has a lot of similarities to Sky World (the stupid ceilings) and also the absolutely stupid camping and time running out strategies have led to its ban across the country and I think it's about time the Midwest banned it too. It will be a banned stage now. Remember, I will have a list of stages allowed for starter and counter pick for your convenience at each station so if you are unsure, either ask me or check the list before your matches.

Thanks everybody and I can't wait to see you all there!

Vayseth

Smash Master
Nope! That deal still applies. This is for people who don't have a wii and tv (BOTH) to bring and want to get around the venue fee. So, bring in trades or bring in a wii and tv to be used at the venue and you'll get your venue fee covered.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
whoever wants to ride with me let me know.
I do!

Also, I'll probably lug my TV and Wii all the way from my apartment to this. And I guess I'll remake the Pandafest thread soon (I'll replace the link in the OP), since I'm fairly sure I don't want to go to SB3.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I do!

Also, I'll probably lug my TV and Wii all the way from my apartment to this. And I guess I'll remake the Pandafest thread soon (I'll replace the link in the OP), since I'm fairly sure I don't want to go to SB3.
lol isint GYGO like 10 steps away from you?

dingding

Smash Ace
1 of you hosts should come by the ann arbor library.. there will be like 70 kids doing the brawl tourney there that day and me and h arms heading to this tourney at like 2 or 3 so you can advertise.. I guess?

Vayseth

Smash Master
You could advertise too? =) I'mma be there from 11 am until 10 pm, so it's impossible to be in two places at once. And since I'm the only host, that will be impossible. Go ahead and advertise for me.

dingding

Smash Ace
ok probaly 1 no 1 will come cause they think they'll lose but I'll try.. no johns..

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can use every character except the top tiers lol

So as long as you don't main some stupid good character like MK or Snake

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can learn Wolf but ICs are too hard

There's two of them! lol

TheMann

Smash Ace
the mann GG MM bro? my chipp is getting sick
Wow chipp huh? I thought he sucked... but I better not underestimate him anyways. Sure I'll MM though I'm always down for some guilty gear.

Oh and to anyone who plays Melty Blood, PLAY ME!!! I just got into it last week and want to get better and all that stuff. So yea Pm me so we can get some online games goin.

Also Omni are we teaming for this one?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Omni's teaming with me, sorry =( Lain doesn't have a partner I think... unless he's teaming with Anther, but Anther might be teaming with Shaeden... I dno...

BTW, best Melty Blood player in MI is probably ShardZ. I would PM him if I were you man.

TheMann

Smash Ace
OMG!! Vay you teammate stealer!

But you gave me info so i'll forgive you. Guess I'll PM Lain and see if Shardz wants to get some games in.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Just to let everyone know, the UMWs (University of Michigan Weeklies) are starting on the 19th (the day after this one) so if 2 days of brawl isn't enough, we have a third day of brawl for you here in Ann Arbor.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
It's looking like I'm not gonna make it to any tourneys this week... Even though I go to UofM, going to the MSU v OSU game sounds way better. (btw, there is no rivalry between UofM and MSU, even though most people think there is.)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I agree OS mk needs to be banned, but until then im gonna see if mk makes a big difference for me, if he does i can say i hate this game 100% and officially quit...until of course mk is banned.

Top Bottom