• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3 DVD order thread!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
=)

Just got mine today as well. This really is an awesome DVD. Terrific layout, all the information you'd ever need to know about OC3 included (who's playing, what the brackets were like, etc), a TON of really good matches, very nice quality...and a pretty good cover art presentation to boot.

Just as advertised, this has none of the pre-match or post-match clutter or downtime. Every match starts right where you'd want it to, straight to the action. Each match is also edited to have the match's current players at the very top of the screen, and works very nicely not impeding on what's going on on-screen.

Worth every penny, Manacloud. Terrific product. Thanks again!

King Out
im glad my work paid off king, Hope you and everyone that purchases this dvd really enjoy it. Also Players names respond to where they start. So if ken fights mew2king and kens on the left at the start thats him. Teams are color coded so thats not a big deal.

I honestly forgot to say all MAC people go to download divx for the mac at www.divx.com then u can play the dvd.

azn force i got 4 shirts left and you are in luck i have lowered the shirts to 20 dollars , but u gotta pay for shipping.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
oh

i forgot to add the first match u all should watch is hugs vs pc lol. Turn volume on loud also. the last match gets intense, trust me because the song is matched framed by frame on the video.

emerican

Smash Ace
all that happens when i put in the dvd is the page pops up saying thank you for purchasing.. and then nothing loads, and nothing autoplays...

using VLC player, Windows media, and realplayer... i've only been able to watch the first crew battle with deathbyasians and crazy return... and the first teams match with hugs/omar vs azn lep/lunarias..

help -_-

The King

Smash Ace
Go to My Computer, select the drive your disc reads in (E: Drive for me) and do Right Click->Explore. That should bring up all the files on the DVD for viewing and play.

King Out

emerican

Smash Ace
yeh thats where i went... i dont see any individual matches or anything.. i did find a programs folder and made sure i installed divx 6... lets see what happens.

edit : king *****

for those having my problem, right click :D or :E drive.. explore.. then look for a file that says programs... then install DIVX 6... once that installs, explore :D or :E again and click on the DIVX 6 icon and that itself will play all the files.

time to watch -_-

manacloud1

Smash Champion
Alright

The initial steps to get it working:

1) if it doesnt work on your dvd player then your dvd player doesnt support the format of this dvd. Your dvd player must play divx, mpeg, or avi for it to run on your dvd player.

2) So now its your computer since your dvd player doesnt work.
Pop in the disk and as soon as that happens before the Thank you loads, go to my computer and click on your dvd drive, then a bunch of files should load up.

3) if you dont get there in time to do this, right click -> explore -> then you will see programs with an installer for you. Install divx, the CCC codec, and you should be set.

If anyone is still have problems just ask.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
wow dude just DL media player classic, plays every life form invented.

i might actually buy this now since it cuts out all that annoying pre-match clutter.

emerican

Smash Ace
i tried 4 different programs P.. and none of them will work without the codec installed... and i still cant get some of the special features to work

lot of good matches in here though.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

wow dude just DL media player classic, plays every life form invented.

i might actually buy this now since it cuts out all that annoying pre-match clutter.
its not only pre match annoying clutter that was edited out, it was also pauses so it looks as if players never paused and really just fought. Crews are also nice due to the way its edited so it looks as if the game continues where the player last left off like a never ending real crew battle with scores inbetween.

well i have 25 dvds left and 4 shirts. Im going to hold on to them until people decide they want to order them. So first come first serve.

L1F3

Smash Cadet
Wow, not visiting Smashboards is killer.

I believe I've requested a pre-order a while back, like in the pre-ordering thread. I could be wrong. I also suggested to *coughsendsomemoneytohelpoutwiththedvdstuffzcough*, but that's ok.

Wondering if it's not too late to order now. Once it's confirmed, I'll shall send an order.

~L1F3

manacloud1

Smash Champion
no its not too late

Wow, not visiting Smashboards is killer.

I believe I've requested a pre-order a while back, like in the pre-ordering thread. I could be wrong. I also suggested to *coughsendsomemoneytohelpoutwiththedvdstuffzcough*, but that's ok.

Wondering if it's not too late to order now. Once it's confirmed, I'll shall send an order.

~L1F3
no its not too late. If you are planning to be part of the 2nd batch sent out then do this:

payment- 4 methods( check / money order / cash / pay pal)
if u went to oc3 the cost of the dvd is only 30 dollars. If you didnt go please pay 35. Now depending on where you live over seas etc. You are going to have to pay 10 more dollars for shipping. If you use pay pal you are going to have to pay 5 more dollars for using its service.

so in both you and aznforces case you are going to pay 35 if u arent paypaling and sending it via mail for the dvd. If u are using pay pal the both of you pay 40. Got it?

if u send me a check, make it out to michael hoang
include inside with a piece of paper ur name /address/ smash alias

send it to 8791 natoma ave, westminster , ca 92683

azn force the dvds are still 35 if u come pick it up at my house also the shirts are only 20 dollars now and if u want it shipped pay 25. I Hope that answers both your questions and im still willing to keep this thread alive till people get their orders.

I know like 5 or 6 people who have requested a dvd and just kept on giving me excuses and postponing it cause of their own money issues. So yeah This thread will be active and open. So far the first batch is all shipped out and the 2nd batch there are only 25 dvds total.

djsux0rz69

Smash Rookie
im curious why nobody have talked about the special hugs vs pc match i edited lol.
Okay I'll talk about it.

I loved how the music come out of nowhere showing danger / excitement. The editing was also awesome.

The last match was pretty crazy samus was doing ninja moves LOL.. Fun watch, but samus vs peach matches are LOOOOOONGGGG

Aiko

Smash Champion
hey mana, just to let you know I recieved the DVD. Its absolutely amazing =D I would also reccomend anyone who doesnt have it to try and get one of the last 25. And if you can wait, give it to a smasher as an awesome xmas present.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Isn't $35 more than the last tournament's DVD?

And I was actually curious.... if I ordered this thing, could I get a copy of OC 2? My sister threw out my copy:(

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Hey manacloud, sorry to have you deal with more questions :laugh:

Will the second batch of DVDs including anything extra, or will it just be a copy?
Also, do you have any T-shirts left. If so, how much would it cost if I bought a DVD with it?

Thank you, and I'll probably send in an order through Paypal next week.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
Isn't $35 more than the last tournament's DVD?

And I was actually curious.... if I ordered this thing, could I get a copy of OC 2? My sister threw out my copy:(
Actually no its the same price if anything its cheaper. The oc2 dvd was 30 dollars for everyone, but people had to pay for shipping etc. This year we included shipping with the amount you pay for the dvd. So if u paid 35 for the dvd and shipping to lets say hawaii is 10 dollars then the oc3 dvd is really just 25 dollars( not bad for a 2 disk set ). Another issue with the oc2 dvd was that it was just a data disk dvd filled with individual matches and they werent edited like the way this dvd was. This dvd gets straight to the action and has a nice menu plus extras.

Now with that said, If you order this dvd and request the oc2 dvd you can get a copy of it for 10 dollars. So you would be paying 35 + 10 = 45 for both. And depending where you live such as outside america or if u used pay pal to pay us it would cost more. So 55 to send it to japan or something and 50 if you used pay pal.

Sliraobe God - When we said the 2nd batch of dvds we meant you are placed into the 2nd order where you would have to wait till we fill a certain amount of orders before shipping. If you havent noticed lots of people bought the dvd very early but had to wait for like a month before we shipped. Now they finally got their dvd and are quite happy. You can see why. So far we only have 25 dvds for this 2nd batch. I recieved one order so far in the mail. So we got quite a long ways before shipment. The dvds will be the same and nothing new or special, however, since you waited you were in luck with the shirts. The prices have dropped from 35 a shirt to 20, but you have to pay for shipping.

So in your case, you didnt go to oc3 so the dvd would cost you 35 + 25 for the shirt + 5 more for using pay pal. So you would pay 65 for everything. And Since people are requesting oc2 dvds still for the "collection" I am willing to sell it for 5 bucks if you get the shirt and the oc3 dvd.

Hope that explains everything.

Also one more thing before i end this huge block of text - Sound quality on this dvd is Mono, we didnt have a stereo vcr when we were encoding. So if you have sound only comming from the right just turn up the volume and place the speaker in the middle. Sorry for this we had no option and couldnt get a stereo vcr. I also hope you are all enjoying smash wars if u havent seen it yet it is also included in the dvd.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Actually no its the same price if anything its cheaper. The oc2 dvd was 30 dollars for everyone, but people had to pay for shipping etc. This year we included shipping with the amount you pay for the dvd. So if u paid 35 for the dvd and shipping to lets say hawaii is 10 dollars then the oc3 dvd is really just 25 dollars( not bad for a 2 disk set ). Another issue with the oc2 dvd was that it was just a data disk dvd filled with individual matches and they werent edited like the way this dvd was. This dvd gets straight to the action and has a nice menu plus extras.

Now with that said, If you order this dvd and request the oc2 dvd you can get a copy of it for 10 dollars. So you would be paying 35 + 10 = 45 for both. And depending where you live such as outside america or if u used pay pal to pay us it would cost more. So 55 to send it to japan or something and 50 if you used pay pal.
(btw, this is Kyle Broflovski, that guy with the lost phone from 0C2)

So if I send you $45 with a note saying it's for both 0c2 and 0c3, I'm good right?

And the Oc3 dvd works on any dvd player? or is it still PC only?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Got it to work on my laptop. It's awesome, including all the divX stuff was a life saver. Terriffic quality, iI'm lovin' the matches. lol at match 2 of forward vs the king. First two stocks were hillarious. Great job. worth the wait.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
yea got my dvd today!!!!:) looks really good didnt have much time to watch much yet but i watched a few matches and looked around the DVD is awesome well done Mana+team your dvd was very well done worth the wait! thank you for all your time and effort!!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

(btw, this is Kyle Broflovski, that guy with the lost phone from 0C2)

So if I send you $45 with a note saying it's for both 0c2 and 0c3, I'm good right?

And the Oc3 dvd works on any dvd player? or is it still PC only?
yeah add it to the note that its for both so i know.

Also the oc3 dvd works for specific dvd players and for all pc's or macs with dvd readers.

Dvd players must be able to read mpeg, avi, or divx for this dvd to read on a dvd player otherwise it wont work, but it doesnt hurt to try it anyways. Who knows ur dvd player might be able to read it.

and if u live in america, happy thanksgiving =).

But thanks to everyone who bought this dvd, im getting great feedback and i know my efforts in editing this dvd wasnt put to waste. I spent long hours just to make it perfect and with all these positive comments i think people are happy.

Just be sure to watch the ken vs king match, crews and the hugs vs pc one. The last match is intense and the song is matched to the fight scheme if you didnt notice.

I also mentioned another method of getting it to play on your tv. Just hook your computer up to the tv and play on full screen from the computer. It acts the same way the dvd player would have. There are components you can buy online to do this and its cheaper than a new dvd player that reads divx, mpeg, or avi.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The bombsoldier matches and the king matches are my favorites. and it was all definitely really well done. kudos. I finally watched crews. Mew2king is too good.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on ordering one, just need to get a couple things taken care of first. Now, just to make sure...

I'm planning on sending cash, is that alright? I know it's risky, but I'd still prefer it. I can send a money order if necessary, but I'd still prefer to send cash. Along with it I'm sending my Smashboards alias, name, and the return address where I want the DVD shipped.

I live on the East Coast, so it'll be $35 since I didn't attend OC3.

Is there anything else I need to send or take care of? If not, I'll order as soon as I can. Just want to make sure of everything first.

Top Bottom