• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3 DVD order thread!

Arash

Smash Lord
So, seeing as how the DVD is practically done, time to take pre-orders.

As you may or may not know, OC3 was a tournament held in Southern California with representation from all the best regions in the country, as well as special guests from other countries. The matches contained in this DVD are as many as we could get and record from the Crews tournament, Doubles tournament, and Singles tournament, and contains exciting moments in Smash history, such as:

- Mew2King single-handedly defeating the West Coast Crew (minus Bombsoldier)
- The meanest, greenest Yoshi player (Gabe) fighting valiantly against the Central Ohio Krew.
- Isai and The King dominating in teams
- The resurrection of Tupac during a singles match
- The highly demanded xXxNoobkingxXx vs Bombsoldier match
- and more!

Q: How many DVDs will be created?
A: 100 only. It is highly doubtful we will make more after the first 100 go out, so place your order now!

Q: How much will it cost?
A: Depends. If you went to OC3, $30 and if not, $35. These include shipping, and as such these are final prices.

Q: Is it true that there will be two DVDs?
A: We decided to combine the two into 1 DVD. This DVD will have a menu, and contains all the matches we recorded at the tournament.

Q: What will I have to send you guys to get one?
A: Send a check or money order to:
Michael Hoang
8791 Natoma Ave.
Westminster, CA 92683
Also, send with payment a smashboards alias, as well as whether or not you attended OC3.

Q: When can I expect it to arrive in the mail?
A: We will send out the DVDs in batches. As in, after the first 35 or so orders, we will send out all 35, and so on until 100.

Q: I want to discuss the creation and content of the DVD.
A: Then this is not the thread for you. THIS THREAD ONLY EXISTS FOR PLACING ORDERS ON THE DVD. A separate thread has been made for discussion, it shouldn't be too hard to locate.

Q: So what kind of posts will be in this thread?
A: Orders only. Omnigamer has been notified to keep the flaming out of this thread, so post prudently please.

That's all I can think of for now, thanks for your patience while we made it:)

EDIT: I know most of you guys wanted interviews and stuff on the DVD, which is why we will put it all online. There wasn't much space for it on the DVD, so there you go;)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
as everyone can see the dvds are nearing completion

they are exactly 75 percent done. I have managed to work lots on this dvd including menus etc. I have also edited out every miscellaneous thing such as breaks between matches, loading time, and added names and colors to match up with teams. Including score and sets for crew battles. Lots of long tedious task by editing. So pre order now and when the dvds are done they will be mailed off and i will also announce it =).

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

I will preorder a DVD.
Should we do the mail order immediatly? Also, is there no Paypal option like last year?
everything is done via check this year sorry. Its more efficient to go cash checks instead of using pay pal and getting less back for using pay pal.

tori its wise to post here so people know ur buying one. The reason is people will always think there is time to get one and the thing is we dont have many dvds to sell. So yes please post if ur getting one. The sooner we get 35 sales the faster we ship. Hopefully when the dvd is done we will burn and ship right away.

to make sure all dvds work this year we will test each one on two computers. If there are problems with the dvd feel free to contact us and we will help you out via pm.

The King

Smash Ace
I'll be buying the DVD as well, please put me down for one.

How soon would you want the check? If the DVD's are finished by the time SCC comes around, could we just give you cash/check there and get the DVD to save time with shipping?

King Out

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

I'll be buying the DVD as well, please put me down for one.

How soon would you want the check? If the DVD's are finished by the time SCC comes around, could we just give you cash/check there and get the DVD to save time with shipping?

King Out
at the rate with this dvd we arent sure we can get done by scc
we still need to see if we can fit in all the extra footage of interviews and stuff at the venue. Burning also takes awhile when only one computers doing it. Well have to wait and see how it turns out as well the final product plus we gotta make sure each and every one works before people say "hey i bought it and why isnt it working. etc"

manacloud1

Smash Champion
remember

Put me for a pre-order.

can't wait to see how WA did :)
if you arent going to super champ combo and pre ordering there please preorder here and send a check to us asap to reserve your spot.

also with the check as a friendly reminder , include:

your smash boards alias, whether or not you went to oc3, and make it out to Michael Hoang aka me. Make sure u also write the right amount otherwise we will have to pm you and tell u to send the missing amount of money.

thanks

mog87

Smash Ace
i assume if you want check you take money order as well...since that only seems logical, correct?

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
If you can then count me in for a pre-order.

So it's $35 for people that didn't go to 0C3, right? And how much for shipping/handling, 'cause as you know, I live a looooong way from Cali. Thanks. ^^

manacloud1

Smash Champion
If you can then count me in for a pre-order.

So it's $35 for people that didn't go to 0C3, right? And how much for shipping/handling, 'cause as you know, I live a looooong way from Cali. Thanks. ^^
well 35 includes shipping and handling. Thats why the dvd is bargain for those in the usa. For those who are overseas it depends where they live.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
crap i forgot to add

i forgot to add that remember if u post in this thread we are expecting you to send the check asap so we can actually put u down as an order instead of just posting. So it all depends on your checks arriving.

hope thats clear. Oh and thanks for everyone who is supporting the oc3 dvd it makes my time spent creating it this time around more special after people watch it theyll be suprised at how fast the editing pace is.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
aye

is it possible to get pm'ed to notify when we can start the purchasing?and how much will this cost?
NOW! sorry for the caps , but yes now is the time to start purchasing . Once you send off your check, we will put u down as a pre order.

step 2 is once the dvd is done, becuase we are actually spending lots and lots of time making it good for you. We will look at the pre orders list and say he got us a check well send off his dvd. Simply enough?

so yeah. But please read the first post carefully on how much you are sending to us. The reason? Those who actually went to oc3 gets a 5 dollar discount than those who didnt. It was our promise to them.

I also want to add anyone still interested in a smash bros melee oc3 t shirt? I posted the design in the art work emporium. Also if u purchase a dvd you get 10 bucks off the shirt so its 20 for the shirt instead of the original 30. So you can practically take home the entire oc3 collection for about 50 bucks if u want to oc3 and 55 if u didnt.

if i seem be posting a lot I will be the only one answering questions in this thread. Arash is rather a busy person.

Veg_smashed

Smash Apprentice
the fact being its almost impossible to make a dvd protectable.. im sure alot of people are just going to wait until there on youtube. :\

Manacloud any thoughts on how to stop this?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
the fact being its almost impossible to make a dvd protectable.. im sure alot of people are just going to wait until there on youtube. :\

Manacloud any thoughts on how to stop this?
This stuff is too legendary to even wanna watch on youtube. I want this **** in my **** dvd/computer in full quality, lol!!

Vegard

Smash Lord
Put me on the order list >_>

Why only 100 DVDs btw? And how am I supposed to pay for this when I come from Norway, and don't have a credit card?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Put me on the order list >_>

Why only 100 DVDs btw? And how am I supposed to pay for this when I come from Norway, and don't have a credit card?
acherontic , we understand your situation , so ill let u do this instead.
100 is the set amount we expect the most to sell, we dont think well go over, but if we do and people still want dvds we will accomodate them with more and offer more to buy.

as for your situation.
Please send us via mail an envelope with just a piece of paper include this:

1)smashboards alias
2)your address in norway
3) whether or not you went to oc3 just for our preference? u probably didnt
4) now go via pay pal and pay via to kens account at : Sephirothken20@hotmail.com
5) The dvd is going to cost u a little more than people because u are paying in the exact and not what pay pals taking out plus shipping overseas to norway so i dont hope you mind.
If you didnt go to oc3 which i think you didnt the dvds are 35 + 10 shipping + 5 for pay pal since they deduct from the original cost. So in all you are really going to be paying 50 for everything.

However if you send us a check or money order the total cost is just 45 without the 5 extra by using paypal. We want exact amounts for the dvd in this case i hope you understand. Also since you are from overseas we will make sure the dvd works when u purchase one to further complications.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR EVERYONE: If we start getting more over seas buying we are going to delay sending them out till we reach about 45 just to allow buyers to have the opportunity to view it ahead of someone whos going to decide to rip it and put it online. People spend their hard earn money on a good product should atleast have the opportunity to view it in advance in their homes beyond those who decide to wait just for them to go on youtube because they dont appreciate this product.

thanks for all your support!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
mike, you know I was there :) just in case, I registered as "Connor". Put me down for one please!! By the way, can't I just come by and pick up a dvd since sending it to me by mail is just stupid?

Top Bottom