• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3 DVD order thread!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
calm down

what about the cash i handed to you in person at SCC? are you shipping it or what?
just wait a bit longer, i mentioned before in this thread there are two batches. U are in the first batch so dont worry ull get the dvd u paid for. As for those who want to be in the first batch your money has to arrive by tomorrow or im moving u to the 2nd batch of dvds.

dvds take long to make when u have to encode it , edit it , enhance it the, compress everything to fit on 2 dvds for players. Not to mention burn it

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright first update

alright, keep us updated :)
I just finished burning over 20 dvds . Since this dvd is a 2 disk set i burned 40 disks in 5 hours. Covers are also added. Looks like things are ready to ship tomorrow depending on arash.

Also people paying via pay pal be sure to post something or send me a pm in advance so i know u paid through pay pal. Its hard constantly checking it.

I honestly worked very hard on this dvd and spent a lot of time doing it. So Once the dvd comes in ur mail i hope u really enjoy it.

And really thanks for buying this and supporting the oc3 staff regardless of what all the haters said.

Aiko

Smash Champion
maybe you could keep a list on here of whos bought it and just keep editing it when new ppl say they've bought it. obviously you'd need to confirm it too :p

btw i bought one pretty recently so you should remember me.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

maybe you could keep a list on here of whos bought it and just keep editing it when new ppl say they've bought it. obviously you'd need to confirm it too :p

btw i bought one pretty recently so you should remember me.
i always double check and i know uve bought one so dont worry. I have a list of those who did on my computer and i update it everyday.

Also It seemed yesterday the last batch of checks came in and i know about 2 more are comming in so im going to wait till next tuesday to send everything off for the final last batch of people who really want it. I cant go next monday due to labor day so yeah. Next tuesday will be the first batch send off and then the 2nd batch starts. If you can get me checks / moneyorders/ pay pal by before next tuesday u can also catch the first batch of dvds.

BERREH

Smash Rookie
I would like to order a DVD but...

1. Is there still DVD's left to order?
2. If so, do you ship international or only in the US?

Thx

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yup

I would like to order a DVD but...

Thx

about 30 left

yes , but if i am going to ship overseas im requesting an extra 10 dollars for shipment and handling. So if u went to Oc3 it would be 30 + 10 = 40 for the dvd, if u did not go it would be 35 + 10 = 45 for the dvd.

Note - i only have 4 oc3 t shirts left if u buy a dvd buy a shirt as well its only 20 dollars if u do so. Since im nearing the end of the shirts I am willing to sell the next 2 buyers shirts for 15 dollars if they purchase a dvd.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Not youtube...
The person ripping the video.
It's saracasm bud.
Plus I'm sure the DVD will be better than the youtube. It has a cover! and you can watch it in your DVD player!

Much better than a youtube rip.

BERREH

Smash Rookie

about 30 left

yes , but if i am going to ship overseas im requesting an extra 10 dollars for shipment and handling. So if u went to Oc3 it would be 30 + 10 = 40 for the dvd, if u did not go it would be 35 + 10 = 45 for the dvd.

Note - i only have 4 oc3 t shirts left if u buy a dvd buy a shirt as well its only 20 dollars if u do so. Since im nearing the end of the shirts I am willing to sell the next 2 buyers shirts for 15 dollars if they purchase a dvd.
Ill be ordering the DVD only. Sending the money asap next week

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright

Ill be ordering the DVD only. Sending the money asap next week
sounds good.

if ur planning to pay pal please pay pal 35 for the dvd, 10 for the oversea shipping and 5 for using pay pal meaning if ur going to do pay pal pay 50 for the dvd to : sephirothken20@hotmail.com

if ur not doing this option and writing a check or money order send it to:

8791 natoma ave
westminster ca

make it out to : michael hoang

if u are sending cash please make sure u dont let people see it so u gotta wrap it in paper or something.

also please include ur name , smash alias, and address

-----------------
now with that said

the argument of ripping it and putting it on youtube is kinda funny. To safe measure this dvd i have already tried this and the quality is so pixelated its horrible due to a special program i used before i made it into dvd. So if ur going to compress a file which was originally 4 gigs and i made it into 500 mb. Too large for youtube right. Compress it again to make it 40 mbs the quality will indeed blow. Buy a dvd, it has a nice menu, cover, extras, features. I guarantee you it is better than youtube. Also if u compress it anymore there will be no sound. I tested this just to make sure and it works. So if u manage to get across my protection you must have a lot of time =). Honestly, ive sold enough dvds to make me satisfied , but more wouldnt hurt. I spent a lot of hours on this, cutting ,editing , etc for people who just really want to enjoy good matches. I added text to about 30 matches, laboring over this project. Not to mention ken and arash who does most of the driving and delivering.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
sounds good.

if ur planning to pay pal please pay pal 35 for the dvd, 10 for the oversea shipping and 5 for using pay pal meaning if ur going to do pay pal pay 50 for the dvd to : sephirothken20@hotmail.com

if ur not doing this option and writing a check or money order send it to:

8791 natoma ave
westminster ca

make it out to : michael hoang

if u are sending cash please make sure u dont let people see it so u gotta wrap it in paper or something.

also please include ur name , smash alias, and address

-----------------
now with that said

the argument of ripping it and putting it on youtube is kinda funny. To safe measure this dvd i have already tried this and the quality is so pixelated its horrible due to a special program i used before i made it into dvd. So if ur going to compress a file which was originally 4 gigs and i made it into 500 mb. Too large for youtube right. Compress it again to make it 40 mbs the quality will indeed blow. Buy a dvd, it has a nice menu, cover, extras, features. I guarantee you it is better than youtube. Also if u compress it anymore there will be no sound. I tested this just to make sure and it works. So if u manage to get across my protection you must have a lot of time =). Honestly, ive sold enough dvds to make me satisfied , but more wouldnt hurt. I spent a lot of hours on this, cutting ,editing , etc for people who just really want to enjoy good matches. I added text to about 30 matches, laboring over this project. Not to mention ken and arash who does most of the driving and delivering.
Props for protecting your hard work. Clever, clever, clever.
I'm pumped for the DVD. It definitely sounds awesome with all the time you put into it. What's the run time of both discs approx.?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL @ protecting the content
All one has to do is thrust a camcorder up close to the TV.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ protecting the content
All one has to do is thrust a camcorder up close to the TV.
thats alot of effort to go through to just rip it and put it on youtube=P would you do that to feel special or just out of spite

and sweet on the first batch being sent out im excited:)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
Alright everyone please listen

The OC3 dvd will only work on specific DVD Players, meaning if u dont have one like this it will not play on ur dvd player connected to ur tv etc.

heres a link to a dvd player which will work for this dvd.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP5140-Multiformat-Windows-Support/dp/B000F2KUK8

Now on to the next part, if u dont have a dvd player like this its okay. This dvd will work on all dvd READERS on your computer so it will work on ur computer. I have included the free software(freeware,nothing illegal) to be able to play it inside so u dont have to worry about downloading the materials, everything is on the dvd including the codec.

When u play it on the computer it also brings up a dvd menu so you can select what you want. Much nicer than the oc2 dvd with just video files. So yeah this is just a notice to all the buyers that it will only work on specific dvd players, and it will work on all dvd readers on your computer.

Now if u dont have extra money lying around to buy a dvd player thats okay you can hook up ur computer to a tv and watch it like that as well. However, to maintain ratio please view only in full size on ur tv or computer.

once again thanks and the dvds will all be sent by next tuesday november 13th of 2007.

How the dvds look:
when you recieve your dvd it will have a nice cover art of the original oc3 tshirt design but printed on digital photo paper. Really nice cover paper.

Once you open it up there will be 2 disks. 1 with crews, extra footage, other random stuff, and things to make the dvd playable and the 2nd with singles,doubles and other stuff. I dont have a cover dvd maker so i couldnt make dvd covers so i just marked them with D1 for disk 1 and D2 for disk 2. If you plan on making your own Individual dvd covers or have a machine to do so feel free to do it and paste it over the original sharpie wording. Artwork is included inside the dvd so you can use whatever you like to create your original cover to label the disks.

AS for late buyers i will add you to the 2nd batch. 25 dvds left so buy some people its pretty cheap considering im sending it anywhere in the world for 35 dollars meaning if it cost 10 to send it to Europe the dvd is only really 25 dollars. good deal for a dvd of this calibur. For all you whiners who think this dvd is expensive and a rip off please dont post the evo dvd is 50 dollars.

djsux0rz69

Smash Rookie
$50.00 for the EVO DVD? Man I got so annoyed by that announcer I wouldn't even THINK about buying it.. I caught a typo in the date .. hope you catch it!

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
evo was prolly following in your footsteps and will most likely flop 5x as hard. 30 bucks on white castle > a smash dvd. we've been watching on youtube for years now. ehh 2 for me.

i thought you weren't putting it on youtube based on the quality... so why do we have the counter terrorist operation going to "protect the disk"

consent form or not nobody would buy the dvd without m2k or p.c. chris's name on it and they aint getting jack in return.

goodluck with the dvd and seriously guys shutup about who's gonna rip what....

if its gonna happen its gonna happen. if not its not and go buy the dvd.

Nadnerb

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna be sending out a money order probably tomorrow. The dvd sounds amazing.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
after much hard work

so finally after much waiting and anticipation and hard work it all paid off. The first batch of dvds were sent by Arash. He spent an hour or so writing everyones address at the post office so be sure to thank him. Hes too good and kind.

So im excited to hear what people think of this dvd. Also the 2nd batch of dvds are ready to be ordered and sent as well. I hope more people buy this dvd or get interested.

So yeah im still here for any questions regarding the dvd or new purchases. 25 dvds left. One note though, once you recieve your dvd dont worry about the blotches. They do not I repeat DO NOT effect the dvds performance. I have personally tested each dvd and burned each one at 4x speed to ensure its maximum performance. If your dvd somehow happen to not work please return the dvd to me for inspection and in doing so i will send you a brand new dvd. So thats the return policy.

also 4 oc3 t shirts left and nobodys buying it. So im lowering the price to 20 dollars a shirt. Last 4 shirts and ill sign it myself.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
so finally after much waiting and anticipation and hard work it all paid off. The first batch of dvds were sent by Arash. He spent an hour or so writing everyones address at the post office so be sure to thank him. Hes too good and kind.

So im excited to hear what people think of this dvd. Also the 2nd batch of dvds are ready to be ordered and sent as well. I hope more people buy this dvd or get interested.

So yeah im still here for any questions regarding the dvd or new purchases. 25 dvds left. One note though, once you recieve your dvd dont worry about the blotches. They do not I repeat DO NOT effect the dvds performance. I have personally tested each dvd and burned each one at 4x speed to ensure its maximum performance. If your dvd somehow happen to not work please return the dvd to me for inspection and in doing so i will send you a brand new dvd. So thats the return policy.

also 4 oc3 t shirts left and nobodys buying it. So im lowering the price to 20 dollars a shirt. Last 4 shirts and ill sign it myself.
Shirt price drop hmm?
Might get one now XD, I'll get back toyou on that one.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
I'm truly sorry if this has already been answerd many'a time before, but 16 pages is a MASSIVE read for me at this time...

What I wanted to know before placing an order is are these DVD's capable of running on a standard DVD player, as opposed to being DVD data disc that only can be read with PC software...

I don't currently own a computer at the moment sadly... (Using my Nintendo Wii)

My DVD player is capable of running Divx Ultra software though... (If that helps)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

I'm truly sorry if this has already been answerd many'a time before, but 16 pages is a MASSIVE read for me at this time...

What I wanted to know before placing an order is are these DVD's capable of running on a standard DVD player, as opposed to being DVD data disc that only can be read with PC software...

I don't currently own a computer at the moment sadly... (Using my Nintendo Wii)

My DVD player is capable of running Divx Ultra software though... (If that helps)
Yeah if ur dvd can play Divx files im sure it will run fine. The way i managed to set it up was I created both a menu playable dvd both on a dvd player and on a computer. So both will have menus. Whether or not it plays is dependable on the dvd player like i mentioned before. The disks that i burned the matches on are dvd readable. So yes they are able to play because its - and + R. Also i wonder who will get their dvds first? Someone from california or someone from illinois.

so yeah im sure it will work.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah if ur dvd can play Divx files im sure it will run fine. The way i managed to set it up was I created both a menu playable dvd both on a dvd player and on a computer. So both will have menus. Whether or not it plays is dependable on the dvd player like i mentioned before. The disks that i burned the matches on are dvd readable. So yes they are able to play because its - and + R. Also i wonder who will get their dvds first? Someone from california or someone from illinois.

On behalf of Hawaii, thank you for the DVD, the tournament, and the memories. :]

Level 9

Smash Apprentice

Ah! Good to read that!... Thank you very much for re-answering that for me... I know how annoying that tends to get & I REALLY appreciate you tackling the time to do that...

Unfortunately things arn't going as well for me over here as I thought they where the other day... So I'm sadly going to have to sit around & hope you will still have a copy come next month... :(

Sorry for wasting your time... Hopefully I'll be able to follow through on this next month...

manacloud1

Smash Champion
dont forget

I just got mine. It didn't work on my dvd player so I'm trying it on my other laptop in min.
i mentioned it only works on certain dvd players, if your dvd can read divx, mpeg, avi and such it will read and work. Certain dvds can only read Vob files so yeah, this has to be a specific dvd player.

Also wgwolverine how you liking it so far?

25 dvds left any more buyers?

The King

Smash Ace
Just got mine today as well. This really is an awesome DVD. Terrific layout, all the information you'd ever need to know about OC3 included (who's playing, what the brackets were like, etc), a TON of really good matches, very nice quality...and a pretty good cover art presentation to boot.

Just as advertised, this has none of the pre-match or post-match clutter or downtime. Every match starts right where you'd want it to, straight to the action. Each match is also edited to have the match's current players at the very top of the screen, and works very nicely not impeding on what's going on on-screen.

Worth every penny, Manacloud. Terrific product. Thanks again!

King Out

aznforce817

Smash Lord
since my mother thinks im crazy to drive down to westminister and give u the money mana.... i'll send it to u by mail. Just got to make sure i have enought money left for guitar hero 3.... heh.. are there any more t-shirts too? just wondering :)

Top Bottom