• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oakville Uproar II

R e d X

Smash Journeyman

Brawl tournament brought to you by Red X, Snow Shard, Warchamp7 and Cr0wbaR on Saturday April 21st in Oakville at the Holiday Inn on Argus road. We'll be running singles, doubles (which will follow the Unity ruleset) and two side events for this tourney.

A livestream is also planned, the link for which can be found above. Due to more mainstream streamers not being available on this date we have an independent streamer that will be having our stream on his channel.

Holiday Inn
590 Argus Road, Oakville, Ontario
Argus Ballroom

This is a very nice venue we've gotten ahold of (very similar to the Uproar 1 venue) and we will be trying to obtain pictures in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

Those coming from Toronto can take the GO Train from Union Station to Oakville GO [$6.85 one-way]
Once in Oakville, the venue is less than a 5 minute walk away.

10am - Doors Open
10:30am - Registration Opens
11:30am - Registration Closes
12pm - Brawl Doubles Begins
1pm - Brawl Singles Pools Begin
3pm - Tier-Point Doubles Side Event Begins
5pm - Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
8pm - "Wheel of Salt" Side Event Begins

*If you wish to only resister for some of the events, so long as you tell us and show up at least 30 minutes before that event begins you may register then and not during the 10:30am registration window*

*Schedule Subject to Change (and in fact if anyone has suggestions for scheduling changes to improve things feel free to let us know)*

$11 Venue ($1 Towards Impulse)

$10 Singles Entry Fee
$20 Doubles Entry Fee ($10 Each)

$5 Side Event Entry Fee ($5 for each side event)

--Singles--
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5% (X2)

--Doubles--
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

--Side Events--
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

*Payouts are subject to change depending on number of entrants*

Standard singles and doubles for this tournament will be running the Unity Ruleset
No excuses or ignorance of the rules will be accepted.

Two side events are also planned for this tournament.

Side Event 1: Tier-Point Doubles

This is a variant of regular doubles (and will run a standard double elimination bracket), following the Unity Ruleset EXCEPT for the following exceptions:

- Meta-knight is legal

- Each team of two cannot exceed 10 "tier points."

For those who are unfamiliar with this event, each tier of the Version 6 Tier List is given a point value of 1 through 9 (H-Tier is 1 point, G-Tier is 2 points and so on up to S-Tier which is 9 points), and each team of two must have 10 or less tier points between their two characters. This adds a new element of strategy to regular doubles and even allows meta-knight to be legal so long as your partner is good with an H-Tier character ;)

Side Event 2: The Wheel of Salt

This event is a little more unorthodox and is definitely something new to the scene. This event will be run in a double elimination style and each set will be bo3. However, for each game in this best of 3 set, a professionally made, custom designed wheel (aptly named the Wheel of Salt) will be spun to determine the style that game will be played in. The wheel will have 15 differently sized wedges representing the 15 possible events for each game, and the only restrictions are that meta-knight is banned (unless otherwise stated) and that the same game type cannot be played two or more games in a row unless both players agree to it. We won't reveal what all 15 events are until the day of, but as a few examples, the following 6 events will appear on the wheel in some proportion:

- All Brawl
- Low Tiers
- Duelist
- Japanese Ruleset
- Random Characters
- 8 Stock Super Sudden Death

A complete guide of the ruleset for each of the 15 events will be available on the day of the event.

There are a number of food locations near the Inn and GO Station including a Subway, Mcdonalds, Licks and Taco Bell.

Unfortunately, the venue does not allow outside food and will apply a hefty charge to any who try to sneak it in if they're caught, so eating off site is probably the best option. During pools will probably be the best time to grab a bite to eat, and so long as you get the approval of a TO before heading out you won't be penalized (provided you're back on time).

Wii + Brawl
Red X - 1
Snow Shard - 1
Warchamp - 1
Cr0wbaR - 1
Pidgezero_one - 1
Hamilton - 2 (3)
[YRSF] Tin Man - 1

Total: 7 (8)

TVs

1. Red X - 7
2. Snow Shard - 1
3. Hamilton - 1 (2)
4. TO Joe - 2 (3)
5. Warchamp7 - 1

Total: 12 (13)

01. Red X
02. Snow Shard
03. Warchamp7
04. Cr0wbaR
05. [YRSF] Tin Man
06. Dan-Da-Man
07. Pidgezero_one
08. Patches
09. Fishy
10. Iliad
11. Phiddlesticks
12. Meekspeedy
13. Toronto Joe
14. BlackspikeD
15. (Poke)
16. (KBMX)
17. (BlackGold)
18. (Mprime)
19. (buenob)
20. (Leafshadow)
21. (DxL)
22. (.EXE)

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Wheel of Salt Events

Every 4 days from April 5th until the tourney itself we'll be releasing one additional event on the Wheel of Salt. We already know that the following events are on the wheel:

- All Brawl
- Low Tiers
- Duelist
- Japanese Ruleset
- Random Characters
- 8 Stock Super Sudden Death

But the following events will also be seen in some proportion:

- "Salt in the Eyes" (Blindfolded with a Coach)
- One Stock Bo3 Set
- 300 hp Stamina Battle
- 3 Minute Coin Battle
- Extended Counterpick Strike

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm a maybe. It'll be chill if I bring minus along with me, right?

ALSO OMG CROWBAR

ANOTHER PT?

LET'S TEAM

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If your down, I'm down bro! We can totally plan our starters and crap! It'll be F*CKING BRILLIANT! XD
I've totally wanted to do a double PT team for ages... but nobody mained him so...

Way to make me care about Brawl a little lol.

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
Meek and Ally, if y'all go, I'll interview you guys for Ninbuzz like I did at RoS.

(Pay no attention how I procrastinate on uploading them ^^;)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
red x is the cutest thing alive

also im attending and bringing a wii :)

Bing

Smash Master
Can someone house me for this? lmfao I dont know my way around Oakville or any of that Jazz.

I just know how to get to Toronto and Im too lazy to Google it.

Its funny I keep saying im gunna quit Brawl yet; Here I am

You know I love you guys whennnnn

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
I can house people. It will just require me to take Sunday off of work as well. (unless anyone I house leaves b4 5:30 PM then I can work and house :D If you can't leave by then that's fine, I'll house either way). One Go train puts you RIGHT infront of the venu, so u won't need to wander Oakville finding it.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
have fun guys
would go if i could but i am happy to say that this is the last tourney ill be missing out on for a long time

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
have fun guys
would go if i could but i am happy to say that this is the last tourney ill be missing out on for a long time
Thanks. Yea SiD6 and now this? Tournaments really are not the same without you lol, so its good to hear you will be back during the summer.

BTW, if time permits, I am excepting Wheel of Salt MMs .... and I guess normal Unity Ruleset MMs if you want any of those -.-

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There should totally be wheel of salt but for different games. Like have 64, Melee, and Brawl on it. Hell, throw on Project: M, Brawl+, Brawl-, Super Smash Land.... lol

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
There should totally be wheel of salt but for different games. Like have 64, Melee, and Brawl on it. Hell, throw on Project: M, Brawl+, Brawl-, Super Smash Land.... lol
That idea isn't bad, the main concern is the fact that not every wii will have or can get those games, and switching games constantly is very time consuming and unorganized. Most importantly, lots of people don't play those games, and we do still want the players in the wheel to be skilled at the games their playing. It wouldn't really be a competitive event if both people playing have no idea what their doing. I don't even think many others would want to play different games tbh, it is a brawl tournament.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well actually Riivolution allows the loading of all the mods, and through a switcher you can have a N64 and GC hooked up to the same TV.

It's probably something to save for a fest tbh.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Well actually Riivolution allows the loading of all the mods, and through a switcher you can have a N64 and GC hooked up to the same TV.

It's probably something to save for a fest tbh.
That does sound cool, being able to switch games quickly would be sweet. but yea, I don't think it would make it on the wheel.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh well I didn't mean the actual side event. I just mean as an idea for the future.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Wait u guys are makin an actual physical wheel that u actually spin?

That is ****en amazing. PLEASE take pics

:phone:

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
Wait u guys are makin an actual physical wheel that u actually spin?

That is ****en amazing. PLEASE take pics

:phone:
Yea, for sure man :)

Put me and Ally up for now but it might just be one of us that comes, choose your poison. :troll:
"Pick me, I'm easier to beat" :troll:
I can't beat either of you, but I still want you both to come lol.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Stop drinking bag milk, it makes you guys short.
It's true, I only drink carton milk and I'm like the 3rd tallest person in the scene.. probably would be tallest if i was a guy :[

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Fady, you have muscles. It doesn't mean you can fight. I'll knock you out any day you want me to broseph.

Just saiyan.
im not one of the ******* who thinks that muscles = fight

if youve taken MMA or any form of martial arts yea u could probably take me brah, since ive never taken any form of martial arts and most of my fights have happened with drunk kids or street punks
bodybuilders do not train to fight, they train to build. fighting usually has nothing to do with size, even though weight or height helps, its all about technique i know that. ****en bruce lee was 5'7 140 pounds and he was a monster.
that being said i can **** up anyone who has an equal knowledge of fighting as i do

but im taking krav maga and boxing this summer
so
sparring session then bro!

one of my very few modest no pride moments
vegeta would be disappoint.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yup.

I mean I could probably take Cruxis in a fist fight and all my strength is in my legs, simply because martial arts.

Top Bottom