• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. - Oklahoma Tournament, July 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
no, you can always find a straggler to fill the fourth spot. we should actually have everyone that we can participate in it. it'd be really fun XD

i don't know about low-tier, seems kind of bottom priority. plus, vega's low-tierness is going to pulvarise most of the high-tier there anyway, so hurrah.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well its up to Vegafuse and Zinth, if they want to have a crew match, thats cool, no problem with me.

Gravity

Smash Ace
if its up to me, tehre should be a crew match, and you should probably make a thread about this in tournament discussion, it might get more attention there.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well the thing is, I really dont want to be responsible for crew matches, I just have a feeling things could get outta hand.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
If we have enough time, we should try crew matches. I can try to host it if necessary. Infact, I say we should try some practice crew matches at your house tomorrow.

Btw Dallas, are you guys bringing any supplies?

Reno_

Smash Cadet
i'd like to host crew matches if that's okay, since i came up with the idea. but zinth can do it with me. eh?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is there something special about these crew matches like rulewise or is it basic Kish style crew stuff?

Reno_

Smash Cadet
in japan they don't do stock, if you lose, then the next member fights against the person, in a 4-stock, 8:00 match no matter how close the last match was. it's insane. it's even more insane when some japanese guy(mikael) takes out ken, isai, and a third person right after another. omg.

but, i was thinking 4 members, 4 stock each, all levels for 1v1 random on random for each match...so yes, basically kish style, with only 4 people on each crew. i'll bring a flowpad there, and signup for crew battles will be at the tournament. only, if there are more than 6 crews, not every crew will face each other. if there are a bunch, i might have to do double, or even single elimination, depending on time. but if there are only a few, each crew will face each other with a +/- system. we'll have to do it after doubles and singles brackets.

in other news, i fear plano, texas. dr. drew and DoH made a bigger impact at mlg than we did. :\
but everyone's gotten better since then so who knows.
it's too bad rayzorium isn't coming, i would have liked to seen him play.

but yeah, back to my point, the layout style is there, but how many matches won't be decided until after signup, which will be at the tournament. i will have my flow pad, and we'll let everyone know that i am the one to go to if you want to sign up for crew battles. XD

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah...

Mute city on random for teams? :(

It's banned completely (for teams) at MLG's for a reason, way too much lag.

DK64 and brinstar probably shouldn't be on random for 1v1 or teams either but that's more of a tournament host's decision.

Mute city banned in teams should be a no-brainer.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
cHaNg-sTa said:
I see that the stages are rigged for Peach players.
Oh, they are, are they? Yeah, I know, I'm a tournament n00b u.u No wonder DoH suggested Moast ruleset -_- Though I really didn't like the idea of Brinstar and Kongo Jungle being on random select anyway <_< We certainly don't need to be giving Peach any more advantage, especially since we've got one down here that's messing everyone up :ohwell: I'll see to it that the stages are changed.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
nooooo...i like brinstar. i think even if the lava is ridiculous, it's just as likely to hit both parties if they play their cards right. the barrel on DK64 is too random, though. as well as if marth or a few other characters are too close to the ledge when they do up+b, they won't grab on, just go a little bit through the stage then fall down.

but i like brinstar. i vote that it stays.
p.s.- mute city is even more of a jiggly stage than a peach. i don't think that should go away either though. let's get some **** variety...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Reno_ said:
nooooo...i like brinstar. i think even if the lava is ridiculous, it's just as likely to hit both parties if they play their cards right. the barrel on DK64 is too random, though. as well as if marth or a few other characters are too close to the ledge when they do up+b, they won't grab on, just go a little bit through the stage then fall down.

but i like brinstar. i vote that it stays.
p.s.- mute city is even more of a jiggly stage than a peach. i don't think that should go away either though. let's get some **** variety...
I vote that you're automatically outvoted. Brinstar is lame, especially if it's in Peach's favor. You can still counterpick with it if you want though. If it's in random select, it'll probably end up being banned most of the time anyway, like Rainbow Cruise was.

Also, Mute City causes lag, so it doesn't matter how much variety it may create. Lag = suck.

EDIT: Alright, I have changed the stage select to match that of MLG.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Check out my new avatar. Yeah. Oh yeah. Yup. Just look at that. Dance away kirby and greet the world at the same time.

My bro was born in Oklahoma. Looks like he'll be making his legendary return along with the crew. Crew it up. That means you Drew. Don't wimp out on the crew!

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Aww come on.. what's wrong with Peach? Zinth why are you taking Mute City away from me?! Why?! :cry:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS said:
Ya'll are just mad because I destroyed ya'll last night. :p
Maybe :p Though come to think of it, if you killed us with Fox or Marth I doubt I'd have drawn a picture if I 2-stocked it... so yeah Peach is gay :p :laugh:

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm if we can get 8 Dallas people there then we can do 2 whole crews

But who would be in which crew I wonder?

Reno_

Smash Cadet
holy crap. how cool would it be if half of the people there were OOSers XD
then next time we might have to just have an OK vs. OOSer crew battle.
but yeah, this time, 4 members, everyone's on there own. but you have until when you get there to decide who's in what crew, because i will have the sign up sheet there.

this is going to be awesome. TEAM FOOTS FTW!

edit: zinth, you should update the website...
edit: more OOSers should bring cubes, tvs, and power strips

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Eh, there's no point for the website as long as we have this thread. Now my sig links to this thread.

We should also have an OK All-Star Crew versus a Dallas All-Star Crew.

And yes, that would help greatly if more OOSers bring supplies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hmm, by the looks of things, we'll definitely only be able to record the high-key matches. That's ok though, that way I can fit them all onto DVDs more easily.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ok, now we need to make sure that someone can bring tapes. I think that I'll bring a camera to record as well, and I'll see if Scud can bring his too.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Akasuna no Sasori said:
I can most likely bring some tapes. I'll see if we got any extra around the house and if not I'll see if I can go to Wal-Mart and get some.
Awesome man, sounds great. I'm gonna see if I can bring an extra VCR as well.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Approximately how many people are gonna be at this tournament? Is the list on the 1st page everyone or are there more coming from out of state that are not on the list? (That is if the people coming from out of state are put on the list)

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
RastaImposta said:
I 3 stocked you KOSMOS....
That was once... and that's only because you had to be super gay with jiggly and rest my Fox ALL 4 LIVES!11one. Just u-throw to rest every...single...life...

But tell me Rasta who was the one who 4 stocked you TWICE IN A ROW right after that match? :chuckle:

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Well looks like there will definitely be atleast 7 Dallas people there. I think we're still trying to confirm one more, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Looking forward to this. I'll see about bringin stuff, and post later.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dr DrewtheDragon said:
Hmm if we can get 8 Dallas people there then we can do 2 whole crews

But who would be in which crew I wonder?
Drew Davey Marcus Kirby. crew 1

Matt sand trap Pilsbury Doh. crew 2

You can see I put a lot of thought into this post. Be sure to take it very seriously.

alphaqup

Smash Cadet
well i can list the one for Wichita
ME, AttackStorm (maybe), Darkcobra, lite, ihavenopants, Mprism
I think that all that is coming form wichita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom