• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. - Oklahoma Tournament, July 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
alphaqup said:
well i can list the one for Wichita
ME, AttackStorm (maybe), Darkcobra, lite, ihavenopants, Mprism
I think that all that is coming form wichita
Alright, cool.

What about you Dallas? I see that someone made a list of names for crews, but I don't know who half those people are (as in, their Smash names) :ohwll: And is Nebraska coming too?

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, I'm sorry to have to break the news............

But......... I stupidly extended the tourny time for an extra five hours :( I know, I'm such a *******, now we're more than likely going to have to include crew battles :crying: Please don't flame me guys :( I'll make it up to you with my awesome skillz...... :urg:

Yeah, it's now 10:00 am all the way to 1:30 in the morning........... sry everybody

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lmao Vegafuse. Well, the more time the merrier :chuckle: I can help organize crew battles. Hell, we could probably fit in low tier too just for fun, or better yet, that idea that Rasta came up with earlier :laugh:

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dallas people that should be coming:

Dr Drew the Dragon
Chang-sta
Darkness of Heart
Sand-Trap
Kirby of nurgle
Yokoson
Samusedaway
8th person yet to be determined

Also if this is going on til 1:30 in the morning we'll almost definitely need some housing...

Reno_

Smash Cadet
what was rasta's idea, zinth?

and low tier sounds cool. i'd like my yoshi to go up against a certain seasoned pichu :)

and, dallas, i can house a few of you if it does go that late. about 4 of you...so, yeah.

edit: as vega said, 10:00 am=start, 1:30 am=end

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
The actual tournament starts at 11 AM.

Rasta's idea was like playing with characters from randomly selected tiers or something. It was originally tag-team, but then he decided that it be individual.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
eh, sounds fun, but i think if we have time for doubles, singles, crew, then low tier...we'll be set. and i'll be all smashed out by then.

bwah.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
****, I dunno, a few people might be able to stay with me, but you guys would have to sleep where my drums are...I hope you arent scared of reptiles.

Gravity

Smash Ace
if its over at 1:30 am then ill probably need a ride back, because i dont get my drivers license for a whole 2 more months. so yeah, if anyone thinks they can give me a ride back at the end, say so.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I meant great as in 'cool list.' We're still trying to figure out the housing business :ohwell: Rasta, I think you could fit about eight people in your drum room if they all have sleeping bags.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
8 people? Maybe...If they can stay, I dont think we can feed them, thatd be too many people...

Reno_

Smash Cadet
i've got room for half of them, about 4 or 5 people. and i live in norman, 5-10 minutes away from the tournament site, as opposed to almost an hour away.

alphaqup

Smash Cadet
We might not need it its only a 3 hour drive from wichita so if we get done about 12 ish we might just go hoome but who knows maybe we will stay there we will wait and see

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yeah I keep forgetting to ask...

Do you guys have tournament maker 2.0?

It makes running everything so much easier and will speed things along tremendously (which is of course very important when you're trying to fit in as many tournaments as possible).

Just put it on a laptop and bring it to the event. Or if all else fails I can just bring my laptop up there and do brackets myself.

Also if somebody could PM me with phone numbers to call in case we get lost or something along the way that'd be great.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
No, we don't have Tournament Maker 2.0 (as far as I know). That must be the program that Echo recommended to me. Does anyone in OK have a laptop? :confused:

Reno_

Smash Cadet
i have a laptop, and...i can't find tournament maker 2.0 for download. but i found tournament maker 2005, so i'll try to get that.

and...i don't know directions, so if i pm'd you my number it would be pointless becaus ei couldn't help you get where you'd want to be going. :\

edit: i got tournament maker 1.2 through bittorrent...but it had no losers bracket, so i deleted it. hrmm...

Reno_

Smash Cadet
i have a laptop. i am bringing it to the tournament. i now have tournament maker 2.0. only zinth and i may touch my laptop(for security reasons). we shall do all the brackets with my handy dandy software.

YOU CAN ALL THANK DR DREWTHEDRAGON FOR THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS TOURNAMENT MAKER 2.0!

edit: i am signing everyone up that i know is going to be there in singles and doubles. :)
this thing is awesome...i even put in the entry fee and whatnot. hurrah.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
i've got a rough bracket made, but it's weird right now with 33 spots. like, 32 is the perfect number...so one person gets a bye all the way until finals. i'm trying to find a way so that the bye changes...but i haven't found a way yet.

and i can't figure out how to use this program. it gets so far, then it won't work anymore...you'll have to help explain some things at le tourny, dr drewthedragon, because once it gets to losers round 2...it won't move any further...

edit: k, well ****. i tried doing it again and again, it gets to winners finals just fine, but it can't have the winners finals because spot 33 is frozen without anyone to fight. losers finals gets to round 2, where it stops because it's waiting for more people that aren't there. it's like player 2 v____, player 6 v _____, and it's not smart enough to just move them together...

and even if i tried finishing it by having "player 34-64" and just having them blank spots so it would advance(yes, i know, i'm a genious), it gives player 33 a bye all the way to winners finals, which is bullcrap, we all would say. so, i dunno...i dunno how to work this :\, or if i'm doing it right and it's just ******** if you're not using squares of 2.

edit: well i just found out how to get byes...i have to make it spawn a random bracket, than manually change each name in there :\

the only thing is, instead of someone getting a bye...everyone will get a bye except 2 people, who will have to fight first :(
it's hard deciding what two people to put down first to fight round 1, no one deserves to have to fight extra :(
and i'm sure more people will show up, which will ruin other people's byes...so, in the end it won't be too bad for any particular person. probably baout 2/3 of the people willg et byes, 1/3 will fight into the top 32. but it had to happen.

YAY, I'VE OFFICIALLY SET UP A TOURNAMENT BRACKET! gotta do doubles, and i'll set up crew without any contestants yet, and do that at le tourny.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks Rasta, I assume that means you can house all 8 of us?

Also I wouldn't recommend making a bracket until everyone is actually there because there's always several new people and even more no-shows with these kind of things.

The best thing to do (since no one really knows how good anyone else is) is to just tell the bracket to seed by location so friends won't have to play each other early.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
it is seeded by location right now, but i kept the best from OK as far away from each other as possible, because it's fair to them(from last tourny). the cool thing is, with the way i have it set up, that since there are so many byes, when people show up that i couldn't fit into this bracket, i can add them in as newcomers where the byes are :)

everything is perfect, trust me.
i haven't set up doubles or crew yet, obviously, but now that i know how to work this thing it will be quite easy to do when i'm at le tourny. oh, and it looks like we don't have many power strips...do more people should bring them.

Gravity

Smash Ace
alright i can bring a power strip, but only one.

but i can bring 2 of the extension cords that turn one outlet into 3, and 1 thingy that turns one outlet into 3.

ssbm_master

Smash Cadet
go ahead and sign me up for singles if i can get my friend to go with me i can do teams also if i do go ill if my friend can come with me well both bring cubes games and memory cards.and one more thing, just to be curious who here has a nintendo ds and metroid prime hunters?cause ill play ya if u bring them.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
ssbm_master said:
go ahead and sign me up for singles if i can get my friend to go with me i can do teams also if i do go ill if my friend can come with me well both bring cubes games and memory cards.and one more thing, just to be curious who here has a nintendo ds and metroid prime hunters?cause ill play ya if u bring them.
Excellent, will do.

I've got a DS and MP:H. I don't really play it anymore, but I'll bring it nonetheless.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Don't make us sleep out in the cold. I'm fragile and my streetwalking skills aren't what they used to be.

Shotgun on the big couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom