• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. - Oklahoma Tournament, July 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
ssbm_master said:
i just found out this morning that im moving to moore so i most likely wont get to go.and for some reason this always happens.
Ah man, that's lame :( Hopefully you can make it to the next one and Smashfests though.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok so this is coming up really quick here....

Could we get 100% confirmed housing please?

We don't need food or anything, just some floorspace somewhere would be fine...

Gravity

Smash Ace
i like the first one, and i had no idea you could make banners like that.

the only banners you ever see from me are made of stick figures and hand drawn text lol.

but yeah i might want to use it, and let it link to results or something...

assuming you can make pictures link to things

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
You guys are free to use them. If you want anything made, eventually when I am bored enough, Ill make it.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
ha, even if you think CFalc is gay, if you get bored enough, you could make a Reno sig, because i'll never get around to it(started dyna's though)...white/pink. hooha.

brackets are all set, ready to be finished up. i'm going to watch me some legends of the hidden temple, practice some smash, and then go to bed. see the tourny runners(rasta/vega/zinth) about 10:15, and i'll see the rest of whoever else when they show up. :) don't forget your tvs, vcrs, cubes, and power strips!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh **** I just realized the numbers znth sent me are without area codes

So... PM me with area codes plz? or just tell me on aim/post them here

Gravity

Smash Ace
crap i dont think i can bring a tv, but, im bringing this guy whos comnig just for friendlies, and he said he might be able to bring one.

so it might work out, and if not, well be one tv short.

but yeah good luck everyone, and its almost time for me to hit the road, so yeah

Reno_

Smash Cadet
Tournament Results!

this took a long time to do, so you ****ers owe me one.

Doubles-

13th: Pay$/Zinth, RNA(PWT/AUDY), Own You(I Don't Care/SSBM Master), Heathq/Derrick
11th: The Brood(Ric/Sasori), The Divas(Orange/Light)
9th: Team Bagpipes(No Pants/MPrisM), The Warriors(Marc aka Fresh/Po Pimpus)
7th: Team 0 Again(Shade/Gravity), Southpawsta(Rasta Imposta/South Paw)
6th: DarkStorm(DarkCobra/AttackStorm)
5th: Team Foots(Reno/Scud)
4th: Team X(KOS-MOS/Vegafuse)
3rd: Velstein(Kirby of Nurgle/Marcus aka Yokoson)
2nd: Peach Has Sand In Her ******(SandTrap/DarknessOfHeart)
1st: The Pen Pals(Dr DrewTheDragon/Chang-Sta)

Singles-

29th: Keroku the Thunderwolf, Fresh, Vandal, KEDO, Zape, IDontCare, Ric, SSBM Master
25th: AttackStorM, MPrisM, Po Pimpus, Orange
17th: Pay$, Gravity, Light, Akasuna no Sasori, Zinth, ihavenopants, Derrick, RastaImposta
13th: South Paw, Heathq, Scud, SamusedAway
9th: Yokoson, Dart, KOS-MOS, Shade
7th: DarkCobra, SandTrap
5th: Vegafuse, Reno
4th: DarknessOfHeart
3rd: Kirby of Nurgle
2nd: Chang-Sta
1st: Dr DrewTheDragon

tada. don't know how i got that far in singles since there were like 12 people there better than me, i guess the computer gave me an easier bracket. congrats to all the winners(texas...), it was some good playing, my CFalc was REEEEEEALLY off so i had to rely on my crappy sheik, but i'm sure a lot of people weren't doing what they were normally capable of. but it happens...thanks for the fun, all. sandtrap, sorry i suck at giving directions. <3, in a very heterosexual way. i'm off to bed now, ciao, *****es.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
****, 17th? No fair, I had a hard bracket *cough*Sand-Trap*cough* :cry: Haha, jk jk, I had fun so I don't really care :) Man, I should have signed up with Pay$ in teams from the start, we probably would have won the first round since he almost won it with a level 9 computer as a partner :laugh: Well, I'll make a more in-depth post tomorrow sometime after I wake up. I'm tired as hell as my contacts are going fuzzy on me, so it's not happening tonight.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'm going to try to get the vids up ASAP. And ****, if you just got home, that means that you would have left around 4-5 am?

Shoutouts still later for me, I haven't even had breakfast yet <_<

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hooray for Texas taking everyone's money ;)

It was a long and confusing night so I'll post more important stuff later...

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Omega_Star said:
I'm going to try to get the vids up ASAP. And ****, if you just got home, that means that you would have left around 4-5 am?

Shoutouts still later for me, I haven't even had breakfast yet <_<
No, they left right after the tourny, they said they were just gonna head home.

I wasnt expecting nearly as many peaches or jiggs there, which forced me to be jiggs instead of ICs.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
ahem, since everyone is rainchecking their shoutouts, let me start, biatches...

I'd like to thank:
Scud for being my partner/giving me a ride home/being cool.
SandTrap/DoH for pwning Team Foots when we tried to pull a trick in our second fight.
SouthPaw for aimlessly walking around with a cell phone, putting a livejournal link in my toolbar, and randomly helping out with the brackets every now and then.
Vegafuse/Rasta/Zinth for making this tournament possible.
All the OOSers period for making the long trek here.
DarkCobra/AttackStorM for a very intense doubles match.
Heathq for a very intense singles match.
Dart for showing everyone not to underestimate people by age.
Everyone at O.H.S.N.A.P. that let loose, had fun, and sang happy birthday to a very pissed off SouthPaw.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ok, time for my shoutouts:

Shade - You n00b :ohwell: CHILL PILLS, THEY ACTUALLY WORK! That is all. But holy crap, you beat Drew in some friendlies! :eek:

KOS-MOS/Vegafuse - Haha, it was fun cheering for you guys and shouting whenever you took a stock off of Dallas :laugh:

Pay$ - Lol, we got kind of close to beating Team Zero Again at Brinstar. I should have signed up with you, we probably would have won at least the first round, lol.

AttackstorM/DarkCobra - Nice playing you guys, fun games :)

Sand-Trap - Nice matches, even though you kicked my *** in both rounds :laugh: Hopefully I'll be more prepared for Jigglypuff if I ever play you again ;)

Chang-Sta - Cool friendlies, though I was hoping I'd end up beating your Jigglypuff at least once :laugh: Thanks for the advice btw, you're a cool person :)

Southpaw - Nice warmup games, those were fun :) Thanks for the Jigglypuff advice :chuckle:

Heathq - Nice playing you, I've heard a fair amount about you.

DoH - Cool friendlies, hopefully I picked up some skill from all of those :laugh:

Drew - Cool playing you; you kicked my ***, but it was still cool :laugh:

KrazyKirbyKid - Fun playing you at the end, you really are Krazy :laugh:

Yokoson - Nice games :)

samusedaway - I want to see those videos you recorded, especially the one where KrazyKirbyKid freaked out about the cloud :laugh:

Po/Fresh - Nice playing you guys again for the first time in forever :laugh: Hopefully there's some good combo video material in the fights we recorded :)

Rasta - Thanks for hosting the tournament, it was great! :)

Reno - Good job with bringing the laptop and managing the brackets :)

Dart - I never actually played you, but I saw your fights and how you did in the brackets and you did an amazing job. You even ended up placing higher than me! Good job :)

Dallas - You guys are crazy, but you're all pretty cool, and definitely good at the game. I look forward to playing you all again someday :)

Also, I picked up an extra copy of SSBM that was left over at the end. It was in a "Greatest hits" version box. If anyone knows who this belong to, let me know so I can get it back to you somehow.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i think thats chris kangs copy of smsah bros, sicne he doesnt have his, and you should probably update the first post with the results when you get around to it.

and i know id be interested in going to dallas for a tourny or smashfest, if there is ever one. i didnt get to play nearly as many oosers as i wanted to, mostly ended up playing oklahomans in friendlies.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time guys. It was cool finally meeting a lot of new people there, as well as some familiar ones. Now on to some shoutouts:

KOS-MOS - Haha, awesome showing in teams man. We were the highest placing OK team there so I think we did alright. Crazy DI skills too and hopefully you and Shade will be able to do better in doubles next tourny. It's too bad you had to face Jiggs twice in a row, lol.

Shade - Meh, I really thought you had this man :(. Well atleast we learned a thing or two from the OOSers, I know you and the rest of OK will be much harder to put down next time, haha. Let's be sure to get some LR in at the next Smashfest.

Zinth - Thanks for cheering me and Chris on, haha. I thought your Fox was doing alright in singles. Maybe we should team up next time, Marth and Sheik? :laugh: I really appreciated the planning and organizing you went through for the pre-tourny.

Pay$ - WTF, CPU!? It was funny how you chose your partner with a free for all, lol.......

Scud - Man, those team battles against Chris and Grav were weird....... I think I was dozing off or something. You were doing better this time around though, especially in teams with Reno. Can't wait to play you guys.

Reno - Good **** man. I watched your matches against Heath, heh. I thought you guys were pretty even for a bit. I REALLY meant to get some games in against you in Halo2, so next time I'll make sure I do. Haha, according to the rankings, you and I are the current top OK players ;) BTW, Thanks to you, everything at the tournament went a WHOLE lot smoother than planned. Major props for that man.

Rasta - Awww, I wanted to see some IC action :( Well, I heard you pulled some impressive comebacks against Wichita, lol. Good Games. Let's get that project started as soon as possible too, haha. And I can't forget to mention the awesome time I had at your tournament Rasta, thanks for hosting it ^_^

Southpaw - Coty, Coty, Coty....... What happened man!? I was supposed to battle you in the Loser's Bracket :mad: Haha, good times, there was NO WAY we were going to forget your b-day :chuckle: Hope to see you down in OKC again, you KNOW we gotta Mewtwo ditto one day.......... And if I win, you have to take those rubber bands off!

Dart - Wow, for your age, those were pretty impressive battles.

Gravity - Your Samus is getting better. You and Shade did alright in teams though. Funny stuff during casuals, heh.

Keroku the Thunderwolf - Keep practicing up man, and whenever you can, try to make it to our smashfests :) Hope you had a great time, and I'm sure I'll be playing you again reeeaaal soon, haha.

Dallas/FW - Congratulations for winning guys. Drew, you defeated my Pichu fair and square. Yokoson, those were some pretty close battles. And DoH, you destroyed my Ganon, haha. Thanks for showing me those crazy things in GNT4 Chang-Sta. I didn't get to play some of you other guys, but maybe next time.

Wichita KS - Good games Kansas. I'm looking forward to playing you guys again sometime. Attackstorm and Darkcobra, good work in teams. I know I played more of you guys but I haven't caught your names....... Just be sure to get some Sheik practice Dark, than we could have a rematch :p

Last but not least, my crew (Po Pimpus, Fresh, Heathq, and Derrick) - Good stuff from all of you. It's crazy how Fresh got knocked out too early though, I expected him to do better than me :( Heath and Derrick, it was awesome to finally see you guys again, and it was legendary to see that long awaited showdown :laugh: We have a long ways to go, so let's get our practice on! Oh, and thanks for the ride/taking care of my stuff/losing $5 to Fresh, Po pimpus, hahaha.

I know there were more people I haven't met or missed.... So, just keep Smashing and thanks for coming to this great event guys, hope you had fun!

Oh yeah, and special thanks to whoever yelled "VegaFUSION!!!!!!!"! Haha, I'm pretty sure it was Zinth, but that was funny as hell.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
i yelled something...don't remember what it was. some of those matches were too intense, so that i odn't remember anything. that's how intense they were.

edit: that match against heath was weird. i was so nervous because i'm not used to taking my matches seriously. i can't believe my CFalc failed in every match, even against Pay$ i barely beat him. :\
and yeah, against heath, i couldn't combo, i was teching the wrong way, and most importantly, i kept full jumping because i was so nervous. and heath definitely punished me for it. my sheik was okay, but my hands were sweating so badly i couldn't wavedash with her! i still managed to win, though, and i'm surprised i did with me not being able to play my main at even 60% capabilities.

it was still fun though. i need to find a way to calm my nerves so i can actually use my captain falcon next time.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
had soome ggs i learned alot from this tourny! i had fun playing all of you

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Don't cry Derrick.................don't cry >.<

Lol Zinth :laugh:

Yeah Reno, you guys really had some close battles. I'd say they did pretty well for not practicing for more than a year. I use to feel the same way with my Falcon too, I mostly got over it, but I still get nervous once in a while before a big match-up.

I'm glad you had a great time AttackstorM, I look forward to playing you and Darkcobra again in teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom