• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. - Oklahoma Tournament, July 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
O.H.S.N.A.P.
Oklahoma Hosts Smash - Need A Pummeling?

I'm here on behalf on RastaImposta (who is hosting the tournament) to announce Oklahoma's Second Smash Tournament (name pending), assuming he doesn't mind me making the thread since he isn't online right now and it needed to be done <_< We're inviting people from all states to participate, and hope you can make it to create a good turnout.

Stage select has been changed to match MLG.

Ok, since the room was already reserved for the 22nd, we have gone ahead and reserved it for the 29th. We apologize to anyone that this may inconvenience.

When: July 29th at 11:00 AM.
Where: Oklahoma Memorial Union
900 Asp Avenue Suite 428
Norman, Oklahoma
First floor, Sooner Room

https://union.ou.edu/ is their website.

Try to be there at least 10 minutes before the tournament starts so we can set everything up.

Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team

Crew and low tier tournaments may be held, I will get an official word from Rasta about this ASAP.

Information on prizes has yet to be officially confirmed, but I believe that earlier Rasta stated:
Singles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Teams
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Rules

4 stock

8 minute time limit

2/3 sets, 3/5 for semi-finals and finals.

No items

In the event of a tie: sudden death is played out, then the winner of that chooses the stage for the final extra 1 stock 2 minute match

First stage random or agreed upon

Dave's Stupid Rule: no stage you previously won on can be repicked unless it's allowed by the other player(s)

Double blind character picks if necessary for first match (i.e. upon request)

Stage striking: each player can strike one stage from the random stage select only. Not for the entire set.

Advanced slob picks: loser picks stage, then winner picks character, then loser picks character

Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned. You know what we mean when we say this so don't try and pull any ****.

Bomb Custom Rule (BCR): If something is mutually agreed upon, you may play it (outside of changing the best 2/3, items, and 4 stock). In other words, if you hate DSR, Stage Knockouts, Counter Picking (just wanna go Double Blind?), etc, declare before hand and you don't have to use it. Also, if you do agree to it, and you lose, you're screwed, don't come crying to us.

Teams rules: team attack on and life stealing allowed

1 v 1 Random Stages: Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield

2 v 2 Random Stages: Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Kongo Jungle 64, Battlefield, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar

Stages Banned for 1v1 only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Stages Banned for 2v2 only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City

Stages Banned for 1v1 and 2v2: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed List
-RastaImposta
-Zinth
-Reno
-Pay$
-Shade
-Gravity
-Vegafuse
-Fresh
-KOS-MOS
-Po Pimpus
-PX
-Dart
-Lee
-AttackstorM
-alphaqup
-South_Paw
-Akasuna no Sasori
-mr_roboto
-keroku_the_thunderwolf
-Dr DrewtheDragon
-DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
-Sand Trap
-keroku's friend
-keroku's cousin
-Akasuna's friend
-mr_roboto's friend
-MprisM
-Light
-ihavenopants
-DarkCobra
-Chang-sta
-Kirby of Nurgle
-Yokoson
-Samusedaway
-Heathq
-Derrick
-ssbm_master
-Game
-Deck

Supplies
TVs
(1) Vegafuse
(1) Zinth
(1) Reno
(3) RastaImp0sta
(1) South_Paw
(1) Gravity
(1) AttackstorM
(1) Po Pimpus
(1) alphaqup

Cubes
(1) Vegafuse
(1) Reno
(1) Zinth
(1) Gravity
(1) Rasta
(1) South_Paw
(1) AttackstorM
(1) KOS-MOS
(1) mr_roboto
(1) Po Pimpus
(2) alphaqup

Total TVs: 11
Total Cubes: 11

VCRs
(1) Zinth
(1) Vegafuse
(1) South_Paw
(1) Po Pimpus
(1) Rasta

Power Strips
(2) Zinth
(1) Reno
(1) RastaImposta
(1) Gravity

Total VCRs: 5
Total Power Strips: 5

It would be helpful for those who are coming to bring TVs, Cubes, along with copies of SSBM and memory cards, and, if possible, VCRs and power strips.

This thread will be updated as Rasta confirms more details, any of which I will get out of him once it hits daytime :p

Kansas is expected to be coming, and Nebraska is a hopeful. Dallas/Fort Worth is now expected to come as well.

For any out-of-staters that need overnight housing, post and we can probably arrange something. If nothing else, some of us would probably be able to chip in for a hotel.

We hope that you can make it and will enjoy the competition!

RESULTS
Doubles-

13th: Pay$/Zinth, RNA(PWT/AUDY), Own You(I Don't Care/SSBM Master), Heathq/Derrick
11th: The Brood(Ric/Sasori), The Divas(Orange/Light)
9th: Team Bagpipes(No Pants/MPrisM), The Warriors(Marc aka Fresh/Po Pimpus)
7th: Team 0 Again(Shade/Gravity), Southpawsta(Rasta Imposta/South Paw)
6th: DarkStorm(DarkCobra/AttackStorm)
5th: Team Foots(Reno/Scud)
4th: Team X(KOS-MOS/Vegafuse)
3rd: Velstein(Kirby of Nurgle/Marcus aka Yokoson)
2nd: Peach Has Sand In Her ******(SandTrap/DarknessOfHeart)
1st: The Pen Pals(Dr DrewTheDragon/Chang-Sta)

Singles-

29th: Keroku the Thunderwolf, Fresh, Vandal, KEDO, Zape, IDontCare, Ric, SSBM Master
25th: AttackStorM, MPrisM, Po Pimpus, Orange
17th: Pay$, Gravity, Light, Akasuna no Sasori, Zinth, ihavenopants, Derrick, RastaImposta
13th: South Paw, Heathq, Scud, SamusedAway
9th: Yokoson, Dart, KOS-MOS, Shade
7th: DarkCobra, SandTrap
5th: Vegafuse, Reno
4th: DarknessOfHeart
3rd: Kirby of Nurgle
2nd: Chang-Sta
1st: Dr DrewTheDragon

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Yo, Rasta here, we are having a tourny, we will have another one (more than likely) in August, but no date has been confirmed.

Those are the expected prizes, singles should stay the same, but I would not be surprised if the doubles were lower.

Id like as many people to come to this as possible, but if you cant, then dont stress out.
Its 2 am right now, Im gonna go to bed, Ill update this later.

Echo

Smash Champion
Wow are those really the prizes? Where are you gettin the money to hand that out? Unless you plan on getting a good show of people, then it would make sense.

Anyway, i'm really interested in makin this... but Its an 8+ hour drive so I wouldnt wanna do it alone... i'll have to see if anyoen else wants to make the drive @_@

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
What time is it going to start and end?
It depends on how many cubes and tv's we can get.

I can provide one cube and 2 tv's. If you can help, WE WILL NEED IT!!

Reno_

Smash Cadet
OOSers, you guys should start signing up as soon as possible. everyone is so hesitant to come, thinking there won't be enough people, but if all the histant OOSers signed up we would have at least 40 people by now!

and secondly, seems i'm bringing one of everything i can. w00t@materials.

alphaqup

Smash Cadet
Whats up man this tourny looks good so far. We got for sure 3 from Wichita we might get 2 more. Is there any like sign up sheet or something like that right now or what?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
alphaqup said:
Whats up man this tourny looks good so far. We got for sure 3 from Wichita we might get 2 more. Is there any like sign up sheet or something like that right now or what?
Hey, cool. Just have everyone who is coming post here saying so, and I'll update the confirmed list.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
If you could just post in this thread that your coming, if anybody else is coming with you, post them aswell. It will help us out alot.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to take off this Saturday. My boss is going on vacation this weekend, and I pretty much have to run the store while he's gone. I'm going to try (read: BEG REALLY BADLY) and see if I can still pull it off, but for now, it's probably best to just take me off the list until I know for sure.

****, this really sucks a$$...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
po pimpus said:
Hey guys, I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to take off this Saturday. My boss is going on vacation this weekend, and I pretty much have to run the store while he's gone. I'm going to try (read: BEG REALLY BADLY) and see if I can still pull it off, but for now, it's probably best to just take me off the list until I know for sure.

****, this really sucks a$$...
Ahh, that sucks a lot man. Hope you'll be able to make it :( If it comes to the worst get a Po PimpBot V2.0, that should do the trick ;)

Reno_

Smash Cadet
yeah, anyone who is coming should sign up with their name, where they are coming from, what events they are coming in, and what supplies they can bring(TV, Power Strip, Cube). repeat if you are brining guests. so, as follows:

Reno
Norman, OK
Singles/Doubles
TV, power strip, Gamecube

also, if you absolutely need overnight housing, then post, and i'm pretty sure we can find something, if nothing else, chip in for a hotel, i know i will.

XD. the more there are the more fun we will have! sign up fast, sign up now!

edit: vega, you should edit your first post to have that, so everyone will see it

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Reno_ said:
yeah, anyone who is coming should sign up with their name, where they are coming from, what events they are coming in, and what supplies they can bring(TV, Power Strip, Cube). repeat if you are brining guests. so, as follows:

Reno
Norman, OK
Singles/Doubles
TV, power strip, Gamecube

also, if you absolutely need overnight housing, then post, and i'm pretty sure we can find something, if nothing else, chip in for a hotel, i know i will.

XD. the more there are the more fun we will have! sign up fast, sign up now!

edit: vega, you should edit your first post to have that, so everyone will see it
You mean me? I started this thread.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
yeah, zinth, sorry, i'm ********. i had both this and the other thread open in different windows, and so when i was typing to vegafuse there i also put his name here :\

but yeah, more OOSers should sign up officially!

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Yo I'll more than likely be there, you can put my name down... I will also show up early to help with setups with Babac and whoever else he has helping him. And...

1 Cube (with memory card and copy of smash)
1 TV
1 VCR

I just need a confirmed location (with a street address) and time since I have to plan this several days ahead.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
South_Paw said:
Yo I'll more than likely be there, you can put my name down... I will also show up early to help with setups with Babac and whoever else he has helping him. And...

1 Cube (with memory card and copy of smash)
1 TV
1 VCR

I just need a confirmed location (with a street address) and time since I have to plan this several days ahead.
Alright man, sweet! Glad you can make it! I posted the address in the first post, but I'll post it again here:

Oklahoma Memorial Union
900 Asp Avenue Suite 428
Norman, Oklahoma
First floor, Sooner Room

https://union.ou.edu/ is their website.

I'll probably get there an hour early as well.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
im bring a tv and a cube...put me down for all the events.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
it's been confirmed, i can house 4 or 5 OOSers, so long as they bring sleeping bags & pillows & whatever else they need. i can't pay for your food or anything, though :\

but yeah, any OOSers who want housing in norman, just about 5-10 minutes from the tourny site, PM me your name and, if you're coming with a crew, how many are coming with you, and i can house you, so long as there is 5 or under.

but, it's first come, first serve, so PM me soon.(P.S.- nebraska, colorado, and arizona special dibs, since they are coming from hella far.)

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Guess what guys, I WILL be able to make it to the tournament.

Sasori
Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
Singles

I will do doubles to if I can find a partner. I'm gonna try and get ahold of my friend tomorrow and see if he is up for it. But until then, don't put me on the doubles list yet.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Well done Reno! *gives Reno the entire cookie factory*

I guess we're all set, 8 cubes and TV's each, pretty decent I say.

Haha Sasori, that's awesome! Can't wait to see what you got ;) If you can't get your friend to go, you can find someone to team with at the tourny......

Reno_

Smash Cadet
ha, why thank you.
um, i passed the word around to some smashers. don't know how many will come.
but, 3 extra might come from my highschool, i gave them the link, so we'll see.
anyone else know of anyone who's coming?

edit: tomorrow i am making about 80 b&w fliers and handing them out to a new gaming store in norman called "gamers hideout". it's on mainstreet, and is booming with business upon opening, so i'll be sure to catch a few people. i'll have a couple of the flyers stickied in the store, and have the other ones left available for people to pick up and keep. :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
All right guys, this is getting better and better each day!

Glad you can make it Akasuna!

Good move with the fliers Reno!

We are doing pretty well with eight TVs and Cubes, but I say we get all that we can get.

Reno_

Smash Cadet
we seem to have a confirmed list of almost 20, but many OOSers have made plans but haven't signed up, and some in-town gamers are just hearing the news, so we should have over 30. over 40, hopefully, if everyone who wants to come from OOS does.

edit: i fixed my grammar because i sounded borderline ********.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Reno_ said:
edit: tomorrow i am making about 80 b&w fliers and handing them out to a new gaming store in norman called "gamers hideout". it's on mainstreet, and is booming with business upon opening, so i'll be sure to catch a few people. i'll have a couple of the flyers stickied in the store, and have the other ones left available for people to pick up and keep.
Reno Strikes Again!

Alright Zinth, if you remember Deck, he is interested in going to this. I'd say there's a high chance he will show, but I'll confirm that for sure in the next few days.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Wow, 30-40 people? Good job Reno :bigthumbu If we can really expect that many people then we need more TVs :laugh:

Deck might come? Sweet.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Well, I will try and bring a cube(should be able to) no VCR or TV though sadly. I will be there for sure. I might need a ride Rasta but I'm not sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom