• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC / NY Power Rankings *updated* 07/16/07

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Welcome to 2005 Vanz. Glad you finally arrived. I'll be your tour guide if you please.

They also live in the same town AND are in the same crew. Talk about a ridiculous coinkidink!!!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
what about me...i mean, i'm am the hungry one

if you don't put me on, i might have to eat someone...literally

XD

Alukard

Smash Hero
SOL AND KY ... *sigh* i love guilty gear ^_^ ... u guys rock for using those tags lol

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i tied with barbino and nintendude last time

based on those standards, i should be tied with barbino

cause if you look at it, m2k beat pc chris in one tournament, not m2k is ranked higher than pc

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Its was 5 times I think.

Cataclysm 3,MLG LI, EVO, pound, FC.

Plus you already know how good you are, I don't see why your name on a list on the internet would make you better or something. (This isn't just for you this is for everyone)

phish-it

Smash Champion

cause if you look at it, m2k beat pc chris in one tournament, not m2k is ranked higher than pc
.... Just because you tie with someone on the list at one tournament doesn't mean you should be on the list. Then again if being on t he list automatically makes you a better player you might be caught in a loophole...

Nintendude

Smash Hero

I lost to Ky and Bailey who are both ranked highly in New York. You lost to Venomous who I've never even heard of and Tetra who's pretty good. However, you had no impressive victories. Over the past couple months I've had victories over Phish-it, Ky, Kip, LIBF, and Tetra, which is why I'm in the spot I am. Until you get some good victories in you aren't making the list.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
how is that whining u moron , i said my opinion and thats it. why dont you jump off and get good.

your calling me low, when i watch you at tourneys i see you toying with your opponents just cuz your leading in stocks. so yeah dont talk.

wanna money match me? 5 dollars? you talk alot game on the boards so put your money where your mouth is.
Theres a few things you should do...

Learn to read....

Learn to argue...

Learn to stay on point..

Get your facts straight...

And last but not least...learn to type...

1st. Learn to read.
I wasn't calling you low..I was calling the action of deeming someone else unworthy of being on the rankings low...I can help you arrange to take 2nd grade over again if you'd like.

2nd. Learn to argue.

You made no followup as to why I was a "moron" . I'm still waiting actually... feel free to PM me about it since if I were you I wouldn't take the chance of embarassing myself on the boards.

3rd. Learn to stay on point.

Now ...what does my skill as a player and what I do after I get a lead in stocks have to do with what I said in my initial post. Your mind is wondering is very dangerous territory there buddy....Why...? Well simply put...you're nothing special yourself. You obviously claim to be with the proposal of a money match. I honestly don't know why you'd money match me....I've already beaten you...and everyone I know has beaten you *_* But for the sake of fun I'll accept, just mention it to me whenever the tourney is starting to lighten up and we can get a tv..I'd hate for someone to come out of nowhere with "TOURNEY MATCH GET UP!!!" while you're on your last stock

4th. Get your facts straight.

You claim you see me talking alot of "game" on the boards....WRONG! I'm a pretty humble smasher...Everyone who's seen me post knows that I'm not at all cocky on the boards...and If I am cocky...9 times out of 10 I'm being sarcastic about it and I make it a rule to convey the sarcasm so that it's obvious even to the likes of you...

5th. Learn to type
This speaks for itself....

Bailey

Smash Hero
Nintendude you are ranked higher then me? Wow cool.

Edit: Does Tetra like even play let's remove him next list also I have some ideas for panelists.

I think that we should get one player from each major crew in the rest of NY no offense it just seems three people with 2 being on the same crew doesn't seem right.

I think N64 should replace either Sol or Phish-it whichever one and Athrun Zala should be a panelist. That would give NY 4 panelists all of different crews/locations. Also Shiri would be good because he is a Western NY person and a director so he might be a good choice.

If you guys want or not I will be a panelist if needed I already got my list so no need to worry about any problems like last time so if you guys want me in I'll be in. *Note* only because I represent AE and lolol

Just my 2 cents

Nintendude

Smash Hero
What do you mean Tetra doesn't play lol he's at plenty of tournaments including the most recent Elmsford one.

Also we've been kind of waiting for new panelists but nobody wants to be one. The only reason why N64 was taken off the list is because he's not in NY during the summer when he's not in school. When he comes back and starts placing highly again he will probably get put back on.

I think I make a pretty good panelist myself since I have lots of experience here and starting in a month I'll be in the Western NY scene during school. I'd be another from the AE crew but whatever I think that as a crew we are really unbiased towards each other. PC is there keeping things in check anyway. He wouldn't allow us to make a totally biased list.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well, I just wanna say something.

For those who care about the Rest of NY list, the only reason I've been making small little jabs and pokes at the list without becoming a panelist is because Western NY and Upstate NY are just too far apart. There's no travel in between the two areas, so it would be hard to place people from Upstate, some of whom I've never seen before, right along with my WNY colleagues. Of course, just like every region, WNY has seriously good players (and I'm not even joking). It would just be hard for me to come to terms with other panelists since there is just such a great divide (in more ways than one) between the two regions.

Now, with that out of the way, I'd like to say that ducklings are cute and that Hot Pockets are incredibly disgusting. The end.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea. I mean Tetra went from 2 to 4 to 8 next seems like 16 and it is only a top 10 lol. Well I'll be a panelist again what happened to Zala is he only for Regional Lists?

imareject

Smash Apprentice
"If you think u deserve a higher spot get your lazy butt up go to more tournaments and try to place better. This should only motivate the community not cause a huge war. " - PC Chris

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I agree with Shiri that Western NY and Upstate NY don't really mix well in this kind of thing. That's what I said in the first place but some people got offended and didn't really get what I was saying. Western NY and Upstate NY are like NorCal and SoCal. They both have great players but they don't travel to each other, so they need separate rankings and stuff. If Western NY can put together a panel and form a top-10 list they could probably just send it to PC Chris and he can put it up. The only potential issue is drawing the line between upstate and weststate but we'll handle that as it comes.

btw Chris you really should go to more tournaments lol. You always **** us at Elmsford and I'd really like to see how'd you do in NYC or NJ, or even somewhere farther away.

phish-it

Smash Champion
:yoshi: Well, I just wanna say something.

For those who care about the Rest of NY list, the only reason I've been making small little jabs and pokes at the list without becoming a panelist is because Western NY and Upstate NY are just too far apart. There's no travel in between the two areas, so it would be hard to place people from Upstate, some of whom I've never seen before, right along with my WNY colleagues. Of course, just like every region, WNY has seriously good players (and I'm not even joking). It would just be hard for me to come to terms with other panelists since there is just such a great divide (in more ways than one) between the two regions.

Now, with that out of the way, I'd like to say that ducklings are cute and that Hot Pockets are incredibly disgusting. The end.
This actually brings up a good point. For the same reason that NYC and "THe rest of NY" were seperate was because the 2 regions don't always playe regualarly.

This is even more so for Western NY. Meaning it wouldn't actually be a badidea to make a third list for WNY.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I don't know who my favorite New York smash player is. ;_;
Too many choices.

Spam, post count, etc

Jash

Smash Lord
Man....the power rankings....i don't think ill ever make this. This is the last thing on mind because i don't think is going to happen. Good shiz everyone who did make it, im proud of you all.

IRO_BOT

Smash Cadet
Brooklyn New York get at me for some training
Theres a few things you should do...

.I've already beaten you...and everyone I know has beaten you

5th. Learn to type
This speaks for itself....
before you continue criticize my writing you should proofread your own;)
why dont you go back to second grade for grammar lessons.:p

as for the money match GET AT ME .

5 dollars and i wouldnt be so cocky if i were you...
and just for the record i dont remember the last time i even played you let alone losing to you and EVERYBODY KNOWING ABOUT IT.

2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5 pick your poison

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
before you continue criticize my writing you should proofread your own;)
why dont you go back to second grade for grammar lessons.:p

as for the money match GET AT ME .

5 dollars and i wouldnt be so cocky if i were you...
and just for the record i dont remember the last time i even played you let alone losing to you and EVERYBODY KNOWING ABOUT IT.

2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5 pick your poison
The irony here is that he did use "has" correctly. It's not "Everyone I know have beaten you." (Wow, does that sound ********.) Just how you use "is" for "everything" (example: Everything is full of ****.), you use the singular word "has" for "everyone." (example: Everyone has mental issues.)

So let's highlight the grammatical errors made in the post above me.

"why" - Should be capitalized.
"dont" - Should be "don't."
".:p" - Emoticon should be separated, not that emoticons should even be used.
"i" - Should be capitalized.
"dont" - Again, should be "don't."
"i" - Again, should be capitalized.
"3 out of 5 pick your poison" - Comma in between "3 out of 5" and "pick your poison" or a new sentence should be created.

Suggestions:

1. Install "Spell Checker" onto your Fire Fox browser.
2. Avoid contradictions in posts.

And that's it.

IRO_BOT

Smash Cadet
Brooklyn New York get at me for some training
The irony here is that he did use "has" correctly. It's not "Everyone I know have beaten you." (Wow, does that sound ********.) Just how you use "is" for "everything" (example: Everything is full of ****.), you use the singular word "has" for "everyone." (example: Everyone has mental issues.)

"3 out of 5 pick your poison" - Comma in between "3 out of 5" and "pick your poison" or a new sentence should be created.

Suggestions:

And that's it.
ok starz, your an english teacher now, good for you :embarrass

if you really wanna help your friend out you should help him practice ok buddy ? ;)

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
How come your power rankings for this is so different from the ones you put up on the 7th for the north atlantic. Make up your mind new york!!!.

Cia

das kwl

Suggestions:

And that's it.
lmao @ at starz who's definitely making his english teacher proud..

oh, and we're the NYC power rankings updated??

it looks weird

Top Bottom