• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC / NY Power Rankings *updated* 07/16/07

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
As we all know, NY is one of the most talented states in the smash community. This list will be divided into two lists, New York City/ Long Island and the rest of New York. Each List will have different panelists and obviously different people on the lists itself. We based the list off of mostly tournaments results, and we also kept in mind overall skill. I know there will be controversy over parts of the lists, but nothing is perfect and nothing is stuck in stone . If you think u deserve a higher spot get your lazy butt up go to more tournaments and try to place better. This should only motivate the community not cause a huge war.

without further ado

Panelists: Killafox, Ace Marth, Alex Strife, Bum, Jayo, and Serge

1. Bum 60 Points
2. Wes 54 Points
3. Ace Marth 48 Points
4. Killa Fox 40 Points
5. Warrior Knight 38 Points
6. Alejandro P 30 Points
7. DJ Nintendo 23 Points
8. Tag 16 Points
9. D1 14 points
10. Hax 5 points

Panelists: PC Chris, Phish-it, and Sol

1. PC Chris
2. Sol
3. Kip
4. Reject
5. Phish-it
6. Ky
7. Nintendude1189
8. Tetra
9. Bailey
10. LIBF

Honorable Mentions:
The Bino, N64, PikaPika, Kwan

The Rest of NY Was just voted on today , if NYC feels the list needs to be updated one more time then the panelists can vote on a new list. The honorable mentions list was added for people who were close to getting top 10 or for people who need a little more motivation for the rest of NY. This list is not set in stone ,it will be updated monthly if needed. Feel free to post comments on the power rankings. Its good to see Western NY peeps on the top 10 congrats guys you deserved it . thx to milktea for making the sexy banners <3 We're NY even our Power rankings list gotta be stylish.

Cort

Apple Head
Good stuff congrats to those who earned their placings. I'm wondering though what the point system is based off of exactly?

Are you going to merge the lists together into 1 entire state rankings?

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
nice I'm still 9th lol at using my real name (Serge) for being a panelist and Tag for the rankings.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Good **** on the post PC and making fun of my posting colors. <.< But now I am low and I gotta get higher on the list so yea Rest of NY watch your back because I might jump you and break your thumbs (PC). JK. *Devil Grin*

alright awesome, its all nice and perfect now.

thats 2 funny milktea. but also pretty nice too, it reminds me of animal crossing for some reason.

PC for president.

congrats to the top ten

alright then NY, lets gooooooooooooo! *super wavedashes*

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman
Good **** to everyone that made the list and to the panelists. Long Island should have a representative on the panel and try to combine the two list for the top players in NY State. But beside that, what list am I going on if I live in Westchester, but go to school in LI? :confused: I feel like the kid you pick last on your team....

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
Nice job to the people who made it to top ten.
Guess ill have to step it up.

Les GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *also superwavdashes*

N64

Smash Champion
no drama yet? neat!

I probably don't deserve a spot on the list, but I'll be trying super hard to keep it. Good **** panelists and everyone who made it on the list and deserved honorable mentions. rawr.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
no drama yet? neat!

I probably don't deserve a spot on the list, but I'll be trying super hard to keep it. Good **** panelists and everyone who made it on the list and deserved honorable mentions. rawr.
I should be above N64 for the following reasons:

1. My pika doll is 10x better then his
2. Refer to #1

That is all.

Bailey

Smash Hero
LOL. Well this took awhile to debate and argue about people and consistonsy (Spelt that wrong) in tournamnets as to skill, but it was worth it. Thank you Milktea and PC for the pretty thread Sol and Phish-it for helping out and rambling about crap lol good times the list will be updated in a month or so.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
that N64 guy is in the top ten???/ shiz, i need to get down to troy/albany. i gotta get in touch with him rl good oh yeah =)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL, Jarrad don't lie. You know we all hate PikaPika!, ROFLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Venom NY

Smash Lord
trying to get on these lists is preety gai after i thought about it.You need to be at mad tournys get high places and hope to god u dont get a stupid bracket it should be done like whoever can be whoever is placed in top

N64

Smash Champion
trying to get on these lists is preety gai after i thought about it.You need to be at mad tournys get high places and hope to god u dont get a stupid bracket it should be done like whoever can be whoever is placed in top
I beat kip in a couple of friendlies the other day, does that mean I should get placed higher than him? No. Even were I to beat him in a tourney, it doesn't automatically mean I should suddenly jump above him. Simply beating someone once counts for something, but consistency is what matters. Kip can beat me 4/5 times, and can probably beat other people that I generally lose to. I'm sure everyone on the list has lost to someone below them every now and then, but they usually don't. People have off days, or bad matchups, or whatever.

So say someone can consistently beat someone on there, but can't touch any of the other players. Say player X can beat Tetra consistently, but everyone else on the list 3 stocks player X whenever they play him. Does that mean he should be moved above tetra? If so, then shouldn't everyone who can beat him get moved above him? You end up with infinite placing loops and grey areas everywhere.

When making these lists, panelists consider tournament attendance, placings, and brackets. Theydo take into consideration if some dude got 112th at the last tournament because he lost to PC then Wes and some other dude got 15th and had the easiest bracket.

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
nice way to put it N64.

during the period in which we vote again, we look at the time during the last vote and that vote and we decide where we gonna place u this time venom. so during that peiod, lets say u beat certain people on that list, u would be placed occording to how well u did in that period and who u beat.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Good **** to everyone that made the list and to the panelists. Long Island should have a representative on the panel and try to combine the two list for the top players in NY State. But beside that, what list am I going on if I live in Westchester, but go to school in LI? :confused: I feel like the kid you pick last on your team....

Where do you live/stay most of the time? Regardless you definitely should be on either list, but I guess since the panelist didn't know which one to put you one, you kinda got left out. :dizzy:

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman
Where do you live/stay most of the time? Regardless you definitely should be on either list, but I guess since the panelist didn't know which one to put you one, you kinda got left out. :dizzy:
lol Nah it's cool. I'm not stressing it. I understand the confusion. But I do stay in LI more cause of school. Doesn't matter if I'm on a list or not, still gonna play to get better :cool:

*I vote for a third list for the whole of NY. Top 15 or something. Make it happen fellows!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I beat kip in a couple of friendlies the other day, does that mean I should get placed higher than him? No. Even were I to beat him in a tourney, it doesn't automatically mean I should suddenly jump above him. Simply beating someone once counts for something, but consistency is what matters. Kip can beat me 4/5 times, and can probably beat other people that I generally lose to. I'm sure everyone on the list has lost to someone below them every now and then, but they usually don't. People have off days, or bad matchups, or whatever.

So say someone can consistently beat someone on there, but can't touch any of the other players. Say player X can beat Tetra consistently, but everyone else on the list 3 stocks player X whenever they play him. Does that mean he should be moved above tetra? If so, then shouldn't everyone who can beat him get moved above him? You end up with infinite placing loops and grey areas everywhere.

When making these lists, panelists consider tournament attendance, placings, and brackets. Theydo take into consideration if some dude got 112th at the last tournament because he lost to PC then Wes and some other dude got 15th and had the easiest bracket.
Good stuff.

It's like saying I should be on the tristate list for wrecking Tetra in Sheik dittos in tourny. Um, no. He says he's bad at them and I think he was playing badly. Tetra has the "Pro Card" on me. Tetra, that same day, beat Wes. TETRA > WES OBVIOUSLY SWITCH THEIR SPOTS NOW!!!

N64 is DA MAN.

Top Bottom