• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC / NY Power Rankings *updated* 07/16/07

Bailey

Smash Hero
This actually brings up a good point. For the same reason that NYC and "THe rest of NY" were seperate was because the 2 regions don't always playe regualarly.

This is even more so for Western NY. Meaning it wouldn't actually be a badidea to make a third list for WNY.

Here is my idea for lists

Yea like we make a Western NY, NYC+LI, and Rest of NY. Three list top 15 each and then one big top 25 list.

Break it down like this:
50% Tournament Placings (Singles)
10% Skill
15% History
25% Tournament Placings (Doubles)

ALSO IF YOU ARE GONNA ARGUE, THEN ARGUE IN SOME OTHER THREAD LEAVE IT OUTTA HERE!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
what about upstate NY, most of them don't play us, it's like a 6 hour drive from where i live to the top of NY, so...why not make another list for them

fine i won't say anyhting else....way to kill my dreams....

imareject

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Shiri that Western NY and Upstate NY don't really mix well in this kind of thing. That's what I said in the first place but some people got offended and didn't really get what I was saying. Western NY and Upstate NY are like NorCal and SoCal. They both have great players but they don't travel to each other, so they need separate rankings and stuff. If Western NY can put together a panel and form a top-10 list they could probably just send it to PC Chris and he can put it up. The only potential issue is drawing the line between upstate and weststate but we'll handle that as it comes.

btw Chris you really should go to more tournaments lol. You always **** us at Elmsford and I'd really like to see how'd you do in NYC or NJ, or even somewhere farther away.
haha thanks...ur rite i havent been anywhere big since prob the later part of 06' . maybe if theres a gauntlet or something ill make the trip, i just hate it taking alllllll day and barely getting any matches other than tourney matches in. thats what i like about elmsford and parallax (not to mention the fact that i usually place in those :p ) id much prefer even like a smashfest over a tourney just cuz then i could get like 50x the playtime in, but those don't roll around too often. my next tourney is parallax on the 28th and that might be it for the summer, which means ill be back in new paltz for the year. when should mj start having stuff again? maybe ill cya then

- hey! stop talking about TYPING -

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm not sure when MJ will be hosting Elmsford tournaments again but it'll probably be after the summer is over. He's moving out of Sportime in only a few days and then he has to get the new place up and running and stuff. Also you aren't gonna see me because I will be 5 hours away at college.

Maybe you can come to the TSA tournament on August 4th. It's about as far as Elmsford is for you and there's a designated friendlies area so you'd get plenty of friendlies. Also Avalanche is going to crew battle TSA and we could use you:)

Also Bailey what's the point of a big overall top-25 list. It seems really hypocritical to separate the regions because players don't face each other, and then try to put them all into a big list anyway.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
august 4th, i'll see if i can go, most likely i can, since i don't see anything going on, i mean unless something unexpected comes up

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Well, it's quite obvious that all of you are missing the point.

DUCKLINGS.

But in all seriousness, if you guys want, I can get a WNY panel of sorts together or something. I just don't wanna, like, shove WNY in here if you guys don't feel it's important. >_>;

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
It's the main NJ event anyhow, so we don't really advertise to other states, but if you happen to hear about it, feel free to come.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok we will have The Rest of NY rankings (panelists hopefully) Nintedude, PC, Bailey, Zala, and Sol or Phish I think that would be good becasue it pretty much balanced people.

NYC+LI = ... they all quit

Western - Shiri controls

hope this wokrs

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yeah well everyone from southern NY is pretty much AvalanchE now....

Bailey after that mishap from back before I'm not sure if you'd be a trusted panelist >_>

Bailey

Smash Hero
I shouldn't be trusted as an anything but this one I don't care because if I did I would flip a **** at me being 9th. I just want an accurate list for NY to hopefully get more competition in NY

The Bino

Smash Lord
Bailey me getting on the list is to be highly improbable as of now being that i retired from the tournament scene

I will go to tournaments on occasion but that would only be if AE is Crew Battling some other Crew

R3N0

Smash Lord
soon.. i too will be on those power rankings.. soon~~.................

ive been to mad kf / da biweeklies..

poopies.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Here is my idea for lists

Yea like we make a Western NY, NYC+LI, and Rest of NY. Three list top 15 each and then one big top 25 list.

Break it down like this:
50% Tournament Placings (Singles)
10% Skill
15% History
25% Tournament Placings (Doubles)

ALSO IF YOU ARE GONNA ARGUE, THEN ARGUE IN SOME OTHER THREAD LEAVE IT OUTTA HERE!
I can see where you're going with this but like Nintendude said, one giant list of Top players in the state would be too difficult to accurately draw. Thats the reason we seperated the regions in the first place. I can tell you I couldn't accurately place NYC players, let alone Western NY.

Pat/Pro said:
How come your power rankings for this is so different from the ones you put up on the 7th for the north atlantic. Make up your mind new york!!!.
Thats because NY really didn't make that first list...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Agreed.

I mean, while reading all the flaming would be quite entertaining, making a giant list for a giant state would be too hard, too tasking, and putting panelists in a very uncomfortable position.

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
i think i should be a panelist for western new york, since i live in eastern long island..........

zomg im actually going to a tourney next week....anyone else going to parallax?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The NYC region includes LI. The only reason Reject is considered Rest of NY is because he goes to school upstate and when he's not in school he never goes to a NYC tourney so it doesn't really matter.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Bailey I have nothing against you in person but get real here. You screwed up your opportunity as a panelist and then caused this massive commotion after people started complaining about it; nobody is going to trust you with this particular responsibility anymore.

Also I don't see why the list should be updated as hardly anyone on the Rest of NY list has attended a tourney since New Smash City V The NYC/LI list does need an update but that's in the hands of their panelists, and if Western NY wants a list they can create their own panel.

phish-it

Smash Champion
So uhh... Anyone even care about these anymore? (This goes to everyone in NY) What does everyone think about updating the list after Smashtaclysm? Both NYC and Rest of NY if anyone cares.

Top Bottom