• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NWM! - IMPULSE Circuit! Stream is up! http://www.twitch.tv/meleepacwest

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if were doing a tip jar itll have to wait until after the middle of febraury. why? well, we need to run a test tournament using as much power as we possibly can to test the limits of our house. im worried the circuitry in the house might not live up to what we need because its not very new of a house. if the house wont work, well have to resort to using the new gameclucks venue instead, thus eliminating the need for a tip jar. i dont wanna have to keep track of who put what in the tip jar etc.

thats why i dont wanna use other ppls money
I feel it, but ppl generally don't ask for donations back. if we cant buy tables/chairs for this tournament we could easily put the money to other use. majority of the money would be washington smash scene and as long as it goes into the scene its perfectly fine, the specific reason need not be defined.

id be more concerned with flying somebody out if it potentially won't work. not getting vista's homie his 1.50 back. I was thinking way more loose change, single dollars kinda tip jar, just adds up to a helpful amount to offset costs.

don't trip I got it playah, it won't be the kinda thing where people rioting for their money back.

edit: I was moreso joking to that oregon man, u know the **** I be sayin, tip jar ***** lol. mainly Wa putting back into Wa.

:phone:

The thing is, we don't really need a tip jar lol. I know the quote I used was a joke but that's irrelevant cuz its still an idea you're seriously enforcing.

I'm not worried about the tip jar cuz I don't plan on accepting donations, nor am I worried about flying people out iwth the risk of our house not working as a fully functioning venue.

If our house doesn't pass the test (which will happen before this tournament of course), then I have a back up plan. In case you haven't noticed I've though about this tournament like 100 times more than you lol.

Backup plan: I'm gonna talk to chris at gc this sat about reserving the 24th for this potentially at the newer, larger gc venue. Most people are carpooling, therefore have a ride to gc, and the few flying in we will be able to provide rides for still. Why would chris do this for us? He would charge a mere 5 bucks venue fee which he wouldn't turn down cuz 80x5=400 bucks.

Why would you suggest this!?:mad::mad::mad:

I'm going to try to come anyway. Hopefully I can get some other Corvallis players to come as well.
prob cuz binx thinks hes gonna win money. id be surprised if he got top 17 at this one tho. better get on that wobbling haha

Binx

Smash Master
I suggested the entry fee be raised so that it's more worth while for good players to show up, Im thinking like m2k or mango or more worth it for cali to drive up. Plus tourneys are way more hype if the prize actually matters.

I don't expect to place in the money at this tourney, but I expect the people who do to have to have faced some fierce competition for it. Myself included whether I make top 4 or not.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I suggested the entry fee be raised so that it's more worth while for good players to show up, Im thinking like m2k or mango or more worth it for cali to drive up. Plus tourneys are way more hype if the prize actually matters.

I don't expect to place in the money at this tourney, but I expect the people who do to have to have faced some fierce competition for it. Myself included whether I make top 4 or not.
you ain't getting top 4 lolz

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LMAO binx went and gave a humble response to otto and kline's just like NO *****... ouch haha

and CROUCHING SAMUS HIDDEN FALCO!!!! Couldn't resist the best tourney name we came up with hahaha

ThePrime

Smash Lord
^
for realll lmao.

also kline just drop the tip jar idea lol i just dont see where youre going with that. I would rather have a smaller group of people be responsible for equipment than a collective bunch. That way you can clearly say 'oh these things belong to the owners of the house' rather than 'oh we all kinda own stuff, but we're just storing it here'.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol u *****s have no idea how tip jars work. consider it effectively dropped in terms of collecting money for THIS tournament.

see you @ gc!

lol u *****s have no idea how tip jars work. consider it effectively dropped in terms of collecting money for THIS tournament.

see you @ gc!

i tagged on a $1 venue fee to ensure we get the little money we need rather than relying on a tip jar. it might be a good idea if i hadnt done that, but i did, and it was a better idea imo.

if we dont need one for this tournament then we dont need one for anything else either. drop the jar homie

Eggz

Smash Hero
Jesus, the tip jar discussion happened here too? LMAO couldn't that have just stayed in the facebook group?

I'll talk to Busy about housing some people/giving rides. Nhara too.

**** the tip jar.

Jesus, the tip jar discussion happened here too? LMAO couldn't that have just stayed in the facebook group?

I'll talk to Busy about housing some people/giving rides. Nhara too.

**** the tip jar.
it started here. some bs i know it

edit: thought you were sion at first

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
if i do go i call firsties on bens big couch + sleeping bag for sleep. everyone off limits. pz out.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
I'll check it off as going for now, gotta check something though, I might be stuck in Merritt this week, donno if I moved my trip to April or not for that.
If I'm going, I'll bring 4 other peeps in my car and we'll smash stuff. werd
Will be GREAT to see you all again, been too long AGAIN, even BC folk. Where I been at? lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Jesus Christ does have some humility; see Philippians 2.

I suppose Sion and I might want to win this.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
carpool 1 (Blunted_Object10, xXx-NoobKing-xXx, dieslow, Diakonos, Sion)

carpool 2 (dynamism, Tahsis?, Violence?, Meta?, Sad_day aka French toasts? Terrorbird? RustyShakleford? Daltsy?)

grayhound peeps? (whoever isn't able to get a ride in 2nd carpool.)

damn bc is gunna rep this **** so hard. get ***** USA!

Metà

Smash Master
evan

you better make this

or I will be very upset

I need my teams partner - strong hetero
if my work gets accepted into sonic boom 2012 (music festival) then I'm definitely not going. if it doesn't, there's still only a small chance i'll go. I won't even know if I'll be able to until a few weeks before the tournament, so I'll just tentatively unconfirm myself

ThePrime

Smash Lord
man that first bc carpool just sounds like a **** citty cruise control owwww. You guys goin down the freeyway makin sparks fly ' . Get pulled over? Be like, *****, we all have combo videos get outta here eh

Top Bottom