• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NWM! - IMPULSE Circuit! Stream is up! http://www.twitch.tv/meleepacwest

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Dunno who's gonna be driving, but in my car pool I will bring only the best ;)

Sion, Diakonos, Adam Brown, myself, and Dieslow (if he's down or I will get someone else)

I will talk to everyone in BC anyways and sort something out...

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Hopefully not just Oregon, but B.C. smashers will make it.

So hype, I need to seriously hit up the hyperbolic for this.
Definitely this.

Oregon will come in full force. We will start getting **** organized in the next few months, so hopefully we can bring EVERYONE up.

Also I am sure we can provide some TVs and setups no problem.

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
Great idea, I'm down.
I can bring a cube & an extra controller but my copy of melee is way too scratched.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I think you should get a big logo to promote the tournament. Also, perhaps put the date in the title, or at least make it more noticeable in the description.

Dunno who's gonna be driving, but in my car pool I will bring only the best ;)

Sion, Diakonos, Adam Brown, myself, and Dieslow (if he's down or I will get someone else)

I will talk to everyone in BC anyways and sort something out...
eric you shouldnt have :embarrass:
you guys are housing with me friday fosho

While I agree that all attention should be on the main event, I would like to win a marvel event. :p

:phone:
theres a zero percent chance of us doing a marvel tournament.

I think you should get a big logo to promote the tournament. Also, perhaps put the date in the title, or at least make it more noticeable in the description.
the date is in the title. it only shows up when viewing the thread or forum.

honestly i dont think we need more advertising. the cap is like 80 people.

Edit: actually a logo would be tight. That's not doing too much

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This sounds awesome! It's like the biggest Melee tournament the PNW has had in forever.

Apathy

Smash Apprentice
Expanding on this: if people are in town for an extra day (like if you're leaving sunday or whatever) then let's kick it in downtown Seattle or something! We could go to Pike Place and do stupid touristy things or party on Capitol Hill or the U-District!! FIELD TRIP WITH CALI HOMIES!!!!1
done and done

i snuck in a little venue fee. its just $1 taken from the singles pot for each entrant to suffice a bit for us buying hella chairs and tables lol. =P

why no brinstar for counterpick?

Confirm me btw.
its seriously a ******** stage. the lava is stupid for obvious reasons. saves people, ruins combos etc. the ground is uneven and even has a messed up part to it. also potentially a hole. the fleshy pillars induce a lot of hitlag on your moves if hit. people are ******* for making it legal in the first place lol

confirmed*

Violence

Smash Lord
Hm..... if it's 4 months away and I can arrange the money together...

I will try to fly someone in for this. Someone hype. Also I will probably donate the money for two Greyhound tickets for people in BC who may be left out of a carpool.

Also, Andy, Money Draft? 1v1, Winchester, Innistrad Innistrad Dark Ascension, winner takes loser's cards?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
just convince the opponent to agree to it, haha.
Good idea =)

I will try to fly someone in for this. Someone hype. Also I will probably donate the money for two Greyhound tickets for people in BC who may be left out of a carpool.

Also, Andy, Money Draft? 1v1, Winchester, Innistrad Innistrad Dark Ascension, winner takes loser's cards?
Wholy ****! THE CALL OUT!

Vista

Smash Journeyman
oh yea also

i should be confirmed w/ 5-6 of my fw homies ^___^

Wow that's awesome. I vote for dr peepee. :)))

edit: if you fly pp in, ill reimburse you with $50 when you get here. its not much but it helps ^_^V

edit2: haha i meant to put a smiley with a bunch of mouths but now it looks like hes voting with an arm or somethin. filteee

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
This looks scrumptious, I'll see if my Melee ability is good enough by the time this tournament comes around (as well as scheduling).

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
its seriously a ******** stage. the lava is stupid for obvious reasons. saves people, ruins combos etc. the ground is uneven and even has a messed up part to it. also potentially a hole. the fleshy pillars induce a lot of hitlag on your moves if hit. people are ******* for making it legal in the first place lol

confirmed*
you can induce hitlag on my fleshy pillar any day otto :woman:
oh yea also

i should be confirmed w/ 5-6 of my fw homies ^___^
omg **** yes i miss those guys
i remember going to cedar's with them and jeff LOL... and one of them like almost beat jeff in a friendly or something and we all got super hype lolol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

whoa dark ascension lol. andy get me that card lol!

otto-bring a donation/tips jar to gc for the next 3 months and have one at this tourney, should help cover costs for chairs n **** as well.

whoa dark ascension lol. andy get me that card lol!

otto-bring a donation/tips jar to gc for the next 3 months and have one at this tourney, should help cover costs for chairs n **** as well.

thats a good idea but i dont think i need too much for chairs and ****. we have 7 couches and a couple chairs already, just gotta get some sick chairs off craigslist or from a thrift store.

edit: oh yea, tables tho lol. idk well see. i dont feel like taking peoples money

ThePrime

Smash Lord

Haha i might be down. I haven't been to any mtg events recently cuz im tryin to save money for apex. But I'll bring my standard deck and maybe we can get some games in :D

back to melee though,

It would be tight if we could get some legit recording for this tourney. Player cams, a livestream, and a handful of people recording will give this tourney some nice coverage.

If we could fly anybody to this tourney it should be someone from the EC.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
thats why its donations/tip. little sign and sit it at the front of gc where ppl register. u don't have to do anything but bring it and take it home. if somehow there is extra we will start a washington melee reserve or something, matter of fact, don't worry about it, ill take care of it.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
A tips jar? ehhh lol i guess.

Otto,, once we move in and are situated the 3 of us that play smash should try and pool some money together and get some cheap fold-up tables. We can just hit up somebody on craigslist, and we can use ben's car to transport. Plus when we're done using the tables for smash events we can just fold them up and store them in the basement.

Metà

Smash Master
Haha i might be down. I haven't been to any mtg events recently cuz im tryin to save money for apex. But I'll bring my standard deck and maybe we can get some games in :D

back to melee though,

It would be tight if we could get some legit recording for this tourney. Player cams, a livestream, and a handful of people recording will give this tourney some nice coverage.

I nominate prog

lmao

please namesearch this thread

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Don't get your hopes up or anything, but I'm gonna talk with the guys at Best Bout to see if we can help sponsor this in some way. I'm not sure how we would go about sponsoring it though. Once again, don't get your hopes up, this is kinda a stretch haha.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master

Oregon had a pretty legit player cam recording/streaming setup, maybe those guys can come up and bring their setup??

tips jar son.

if were doing a tip jar itll have to wait until after the middle of febraury. why? well, we need to run a test tournament using as much power as we possibly can to test the limits of our house. im worried the circuitry in the house might not live up to what we need because its not very new of a house. if the house wont work, well have to resort to using the new gameclucks venue instead, thus eliminating the need for a tip jar. i dont wanna have to keep track of who put what in the tip jar etc.

thats why i dont wanna use other ppls money

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I may be living in the Seattle area when this happens. If so I'll be there. Not that I'm any good or anything, just thought I'd put it out there.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I can bring a recording set up

i've tried doing livestream before but my ****ty laptop can't handle it or somethinglol

also housing somebody house me :3

ill prob put your carpool with dj combo, yakal. I'm gonna ask him in person to house ppl so I can make sure he's down

Top Bottom