• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NU to OU: The Next Chapter

Oracle

Smash Master
Apnea sounds good; certainly better than sleep apnea.

Quick feet would not help exploud all that much. He's got a good movepool, but now way to boost his mediocre stats aside from howl. A bunch of boosting moves would give him unpredictability, which makes up somewhat for his crappy stats. Agility, calm mind/NP, swords dance would all help a ton. Quick feet is good though as well.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This is NU to OU, not NU to slightly higher NU. You'd need to give Exploud all of those moves and Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere, Surf, Superpower, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, and Bulk Up to have a shot, unless you change his stats.

EDIT: Close Combat and Stone Edge wouldn't hurt.

Oracle

Smash Master
It gets surf. Bulk up would be unecessary with swords dance, aura sphere and energy ball wouldn't get much use with superpower/close combat and grass knot being better, and earth power wouldn't have a lot of use. But that does sound like a good list of additions

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
That list is basically making Exploud a weak Mewtwo. Mewtwo is dangerous because if you don't correctly guess his set you lose a Pokémon.
Also his Amnesia boosting Special.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
slowking is the new heatran counter. slowking for BL!

Oracle

Smash Master
Really nothing else could be done for exploud to make it any good besides expanding its movepool (that is if we don't want to change its stats)

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
What would you guys think if we give Electrode the Download ability? It's faster than Jolteon, and if it grabs a +1 Special Attack boost, its Thunderbolts can actually threaten an entire team. If it gets a +1 Attack boost, its Explosion can actually kill anything that doesn't resist it. With a Life Orb it may be a threatening sweeper.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sounds like tons of risk for half as much reward.

That's Electrode for ya all right, I say do it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why did someone bring up Electrode...?

I'll add Apnea, but could I get what would be its in-game description?

Also, will someone list every move we plan on giving Exploud?

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The lack of a SpAtk and Speed boosting move has always bothered me.

For Exploud:
Swords Dance
Agility
Dragon Dance
Nasty Plot
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Aura Sphere
Surf
Close Combat
Earth Power
Earthquake
Grass Knot

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I thought Exploud already knew Surf and Earthquake, but thanks anyway Annoying.

New guy posing as Supermarth? That's pretty lame.

-Terywj

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Buffing Exploud to OU status won't seem possible unless they give him a move like Dragon Dance, except it boosts Special Attack instead of Attack. Would giving him Explosion make sense?

Choice Scarf users would still give him trouble. Scarf Gengar and Latias barely outspeed him if he manages to get +2 Speed even with max. Speed EVs and a +nature.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it would be hella strong but wouldn't do much to make him better, but i do agree, he should be able to obtain it (a 375 base attack is hella sexy)

what about a cool new ability
you know how he's supposed to be loud and stuff, well what if he came in and lowered the opponents defenses (1 of them at random)

like his ability could be shriek, comes in with a very loud noise, lowering one of the opponent's randomly selected defense by 1 stage

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
OMG liek No WAIII!!one!!1!!

Mood4Food's idea is also quite beneficial. It would be able to force more switches, allowing more setup time.

-Terywj

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
it would be hella strong but wouldn't do much to make him better, but i do agree, he should be able to obtain it (a 375 base attack is hella sexy)
Actually its power is 750 base power, because Self-KO moves half the opponent's defense.

Exploud with Explosion would be the most powerful attack in the game. More powerful than Snorlax's Selfdestruct and Kyogre's Water Spout. Even Max HP/Def Impish Skarmory would have trouble trying to survive it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
and it works aesthetically too ;)
it may not be enough to bring him to OU as he isn't the bulkiest thing out there nor are his attack stats high enough to really make him good but it could be enough to make him better, possibly UU status

also, i know raichu isn't on the list but i suggest giving him the ability to use light ball, but it only gives him a 1.5 boost in both attack stats instead of double

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
It would be able to force more switches, allowing more setup time.

-Terywj
It really only makes for a good wallbreaker, because most Pokemon in Standard play are much faster than Exploud. It's not going to threaten anything faster than it. But I guess it shall only come in on slow Pokemon, like how Breloom starts its usual Spore strategies.

Edit: SD Lickilicky has the most powerful attack in the game.
I wasn't counting set up time.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
also, i know raichu isn't on the list but i suggest giving him the ability to use light ball, but it only gives him a 1.5 boost in both attack stats instead of double
If Raichu had a 1.5 boost, his Special Attack would more powerful than Pikachu's by 23 points while his max. Attack stat is barely higher than Pikachu's by one point. Since Raichu is faster and more bulkier, there would be no reason to use Pikachu. Maybe making it a 1.4 boost will work?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Shriek sounds like a fun idea for Exploud. I was working on a ability that forced a chancey switch-out every turn (like 30% chance). This idea is far superior! :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
An automatic Psuedo Haze ability....

We're doing NU to OU, not NU to Ubers.

Top Bottom