• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NU to OU: The Next Chapter

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No reason to make two if we can just fix Glalie.

Aka give him something that resembles a Special Defense stat.

Moozle

Smash Champion
That's all he needs, and he doesnt even need something high. Change his speed to like 20 and change Sp.Def to 60 ish. His HP stat is high enough for that to work well, without having a huge BST.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Someone should totally comment on my dual screen move idea for Girafarig.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh man, I remember an idea I had today at work

Girafarig has two brains. ALSO IT'S A ****ING PALINDROME.

New move: Shield - Halves damage received from physical and special attacks for five turns.

Maybe some variant of this with Wish + U-Turn?
Programming Shield is entirely possible.

Jussayin'

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
on Girafarig it's almost ok.

In fact, here's how I see it:

Dual screeners can use light clay to boost screens up to 8 turns.
Shield does both at once but can't be boosted from 5 turns.
If you see a Girafarig ever and this idea is implemented you know it's going to be using it.

Imba? not so much

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I can't make it 5 turns fixed, I can only make it both screens in 1 move.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This obviously wouldn't be the only change made to Girafarig. Wish-Turn (or Wish-Pass) in one move could also be useful.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
dual screen is the only combination move we should ever make. Seriously.

unless you want to give something awesome like Delibird a combination Swords Dance/Agility move, which would be awesome.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This obviously wouldn't be the only change made to Girafarig. Wish-Turn (or Wish-Pass) in one move could also be useful.
There is really stupidly specific coding regarding moves. I THINK it works like this:

Moves Tier:
Contains all moves. The Moves tier is entirety of moves txt files. All effects are labeled here. The effects of moves are divided two: Optional (chance, such as Thuner Paralyzing) and Manditory, Manditory works like this

Move Types:
The effect of the move in general. First of two numbers in the effects, if there is only 1 number, this is the move's type that has no nearly-identical multiples. (Status moves share a move type, Screen share them, and recoil moves share them, for examples). I obviously haven't tested it, but I don't think you can have multiple move types in a single move.

Move Classes:
If two or more moves have similar effects, but their actual effects differ (such as WoW inflicting Burn or Toxic inflicting bad poison), the move classes sort through what happens under a move type. Whether it is Will-O-Wisp or Toxic you are using (I could make Toxic Freeze and WoW Paralyze by editing move classes, for example.) No move actually shares Classes, but items do, so I assume coding is the same throughout.

Pretty much we couldn't splice Wish and a Pass move because they have nothing to do with eachother.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't have a way to test my theories, so it's just what I think. The server is down and stuff so yeah...

It might be entirely possible to make WishTurn.

It might not even be possible to make Shield.

It's just what I've seen from items, so I assume the same system is in place for moves.

Top Bottom