• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Wollongong Thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awesomeness! Alrighty, just figuring out what to bring... For some reason I keep getting the feeling I'm missing something. I've got the wii, brawl, brawl case, wii cords, wii controllers, GC controllers, chargers, food, gameboy, other personal effects... Hmm....

Zxv

Smash Lord
Got the day off work.

I will be there. Bringing a car full of peeps possibly.

AND STEREO! I AM PUTTING YOUR SENSOR BAR IN MY CAR RIGHT NOW!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Got the day off work.

I will be there. Bringing a car full of peeps possibly.

AND STEREO! I AM PUTTING YOUR SENSOR BAR IN MY CAR RIGHT NOW!
Something about that disturbs me.

Anyway, i think i'm off to bed, i'll see y'all in the morning! ^.^

Norcinu

Smash Rookie
Guys I think I might have to pull out last minute :( It's just I'll be leaving early, got work right away and I'll be spending more time travelling then actually playing so I'm afraid I'll have to miss out this time around. Dw though, Enemy/Rolln will be there for me.

Sorry Luco D: Perhaps another time we can meet up!

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I'll be playing melee but train doesn't get in to 10:09 so won't get there till aboot half past although I assume it won't really start at 10.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
For those who don't read the Western Sydney thread, I will be arriving around 12 in time for the brawl events. I'm also bringing Enemy/Rolln, and up to 3 people from HTC who don't mind missing the melee events (no one has asked as of yet, but we'll see who wants to come by tomorrow morning).

planetstereo

Smash Ace
When is Melee?

Also, where is the venue? LOL

I have no credit, so I should probably find out these details now.
Doing melee events first up by request aka around 10:30 start. Look at opening page for venure directions etc

Also, recording equipment wise i have my capture card which i have got to work resonably well for video but am having issues with audio. Anyone want to do legit commentaries? :D

Gords

Smash Champion
for someone who cares, i will be coming with a some people from HTC, getting in about 12-12:30, ill have my phone so if we are not there by 12:30 call to see where we are.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Alright guys we're awake now, we're about to leave. Will be there around 12-12:30 as most others are. Cya there in a couple of hours! ^^

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Thanks Stereo for another great tournament! Have fun overseas, and I look forward to more tournaments when you get back.

And thanks to Shaya for allowing me to finally get some matches recorded - I look forward to seeing them uploaded. Also Boost ;)

Shoutouts to Cal and Jnuts - Cal for giving me such a close set in the first round, and Jnuts, either our set last tourney was closer than I remember, or you've improved *a lot* since then; I really got lucky with that last match today.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Results as far as i can remember:
Brawl:
1 zxv
2 Scoot
3 Shaya
4 iKill
5 Cal
5 Invisi

Brawl teams:
1 Shaya & Scoot
2 Zxv and Stereo

Melee singles
1 Zxv
2 Imperfect
3 Cal
4 iKill
5 Stereo

Melee teams
1 Zxv and Cal
2 Imperfect and Stereo
3 Gords and Scoot

thats all the ones I remember off the top of my head

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Great tournament guys (and Shaya needs to do a boost. No, seriously, my brother can't do the wooly thing much longer or he'll shatter in to a thousand pieces)! Zxv and Stereo, one of these days me and my brother need to verse you 2 again. That last match was... Interesting. ;)

And Invisi, i swear i'll have you next tournament, if I have to kill myself! :D

Also nice to meet you, Leisha. Hoping you'll turn up next wooly/boost/whatever.

Also can't wait to see what videos come up. ^^

JNuts

Smash Cadet
Yeah thanks to Stereo for another really good tournament! This close to beating you in melee...
Thanks for the shout-out Invisi, I enjoyed that set, but I'm gonna be kicking myself when that video gets uploaded and I see that last stock of the last match...

Also does anyone have any idea when Boost is?

JNuts

Smash Cadet
Oh another thing, Shaya sorry in advance for me and Phibbzy's ruining of the commentary on some of the videos when you left...

phibzy

Smash Rookie
Thanks heaps to Stereo for hosting today, first tournament for me and I had a great time. Thanks to everyone else who I played against as well, next time I hopefully will actually win at least 1 set but I doubt it.

Last of all thanks to Jason(JNuts) because I never would have gone if he didn't tell me about it.

Hopefully I'll see you all again next time. :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, JNuts, you were amazing at the tourny. Your combos have really developed and you're getting better really quickly, IMO ^^

I also just woke up. Missed the 6:41 train to Sydney, so ended up having to catch the 8:00. :/

It's alright though, i can't wait for the videos to be uploaded and all that. ^^

Norcinu

Smash Rookie
So does someone have all the ranks with them? I heard Enemy and Invisi made a pretty good team over there (;__; I should go pair up with someone else).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
NO MOXIE, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

I personally feel that you and enemy's styles match together perfectly. In the long run, you'll come out very high simply because of the way you play and how your styles mesh together perfectly.

iKiLLOTz

Smash Journeyman
Damn. Wish I could of stayed and finished my matches.

One of these days this tournament will finish on time.

Edit: Team with me again sometime Scoot. I get the feeling we didn't get enough games in -_-

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've started finding favourite quotes from each tournament, actually. I particularly remember my favourite from last tournament: "How does DK DEAL WITH THIS!?" :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm pretty sure it was Shaya and... Liam, probably, were showing me how bad the Lucas DK Match-up was. Explaining about cargo grabs and all that, when suddenly we both start spamming PK thunder and bolting them off the edge so they can't get back up. That was when either Shaya or Liam said it. I found it quite funny, to be honest. ;)

I can't remember my favourite quote from my first tournament.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Not talking about the one yesterday, talking about the one like a month back.

Also, Stereo, how are the vids coming? *puppy eyes*

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I believe Shaya has most of the brawl vids - Stereo was recording melee

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Remind me to never go to a tournament again with with only 5 hours of sleep over two days lol.

Was great meeting you all, unfortunately i wasnt really in the most fantastic mood all day, just some drama else in my life happening which was eating at me all day. Probbaly could have played tons heaps better than I did, but oh well. Guess I was way out of practise aswell. (Havent touched the game for about 3-4 months derp.)

Might see you guys another time aye? Maybe when boosts start to happen again lawl.

Top Bottom