• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Hello Sharkbait.

Do you play melee or brawl?
think seriously about this question, it'll shape your future forever!!!

but yeah, he posted that and logged straight out, I hope this doesnt become the new in thing to do

also random vid of the day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NsnLfIAcs
and a fun fact, when I was in America I got sunburn so bad my skin went bright red and everyone thought I had brown hair.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
are you guys discussing dates for august or september? i wont be able to go to anything after/around the 20th of sept...

SharkBait

Smash Rookie
Oops sorry, bad internet cut me out lastnight.
I play brawl and i'm from the penrith area.
and thanks for the warm welcome. :p

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Granville looks nice, but i dont know how much they would cost
Whut????~~!!!
'Granville looks nice' holy moly. Granville looking nice is almost as impossible as blacktown looking as nice.

Nah im kidding.
Ive been to that lions club place once before.
Its pretty **** small.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lulz, I'm cool for that.

SMASH ALL FRIDAY
SMASH ALL SATURDAY
SMASH ALL SATURDAY NIGHT

Good times await.

Zero

Smash Hero
Curse you Sydney folk and your active scene. Curse you exams. Curse you lack of drivers license.

CURSE YOU ALL.

Ted might I suggest holding a second tournament in early/late September, maybe the last week of September?

Zero

Smash Hero
EA's hosting one this Saturday, baww more. :(

Ted has stuff to do on Saturday so probably no. Maybe you should host a weekend meet. :O idea!

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
Curse you Sydney folk and your active scene. Curse you exams. Curse you lack of drivers license.

CURSE YOU ALL.

Ted might I suggest holding a second tournament in early/late September, maybe the last week of September?
dont worry i wont get my license till Christmas :p..and im pretty sure , ted, toby, shaya all dont have their license

tedeth

Smash Master

CURSE YOU ALL.

I already said I was thinking of having another tourney in Sept.

ANOTHER SCHOOL DAY MEET!!! WTH IS THIS????
ted when will u ever host a weekend meet?
When you're busy on weekends.

I'm too blind to get my license

D0N

Smash Ace
nah...with a shayas d3 doing it i dont rage, i just die a little on the inside...but who knows...maybe il pick someone else

ll
With that in mind, is D3's standing infinate/small step chaingrab banned? I would argue that it should be if it isn't

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The small step CG was never banned...
The standing infinite has had it's on and offs. I believe current standard at western sydney/hunter is having it unbanned though.

Not that it comes up though, I can't be bothered learning the standing infinite.

And I think my new secondary, MetaKnightFalcoGame&Watch will just be too busy short hop double shuttle bucketting to use D3 anyway.

D0N

Smash Ace
I do counterpick, I can play more than just DK.

My argument is D3's infinate takes literally about 15 minutes to learn and makes some characters (not just DK) unplayable. You can literally just counterpick D3 and win in some situations without even knowing how to play D3 because of how easy it is to do. Same thing with charizard/marth vs lucas/ness.

With an argument like learn to counterpick, everyone should just play MK. How much fun would that be? Learn to counterpick leans more towards play to win and not play for fun imo. I dont mind learning my character enough to overcome some bad matchups, but when something that can be easily removed makes a character unplayable why keep it in?

In my case, its not like banning it puts the matchup in my favor as its pretty bad with or without it. Banning it just makes it playable.

Other chaingrabs are different, they're not as easy to pick up and have a larger room for error.

EDIT: Just so you know, im just arguing my point. Im showing at the tourney either way.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I do counterpick, I can play more than just DK.

My argument is D3's infinate takes literally about 15 minutes to learn and makes some characters (not just DK) unplayable. You can literally just counterpick D3 and win in some situations without even knowing how to play D3 because of how easy it is to do. Same thing with charizard/marth vs lucas/ness.

With an argument like learn to counterpick, everyone should just play MK. How much fun would that be? Learn to counterpick leans more towards play to win and not play for fun imo. I dont mind learning my character enough to overcome some bad matchups, but when something that can be easily removed makes a character unplayable why keep it in?

In my case, its not like banning it puts the matchup in my favor as its pretty bad with or without it. Banning it just makes it playable.

Other chaingrabs are different, they're not as easy to pick up and have a larger room for error.

EDIT: Just so you know, im just arguing my point. Im showing at the tourney either way.

I agree

10chars

Top Bottom