• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Revival of Sydney 4 (RoS4) 25/05/14! Tell your friends!

Splice

Smash Hero
are you f'ing serious, as if i would want you to stop a tourney just cause of me.
glad to know you think of me as selfish and self-centered.
I'd stop a tournament for you, Gords. :D

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
are you f'ing serious, as if i would want you to stop a tourney just cause of me.
glad to know you think of me as selfish and self-centered.
Lol don't worry Gords I don't actually think that. I was just making fun of the context

How desperate are you for TV's atm?
Not as desperate for PM set ups (I think I can account for 3-4 between everyone so far)but a few more would be good

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think we had 3 project m setups at miles house... this reminds me, time to flame the brawltards

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed: the entire population of ACT will be attending this tournament. THAT'S FOUR PEOPLE GUYS GET HYPE

I won't enter but can bring a GC and Melee if needed.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Cal, does it make a difference whether the Project M setups have the new patch released yesterday or not?
Edit: Saw your Facebook post this morning mentioning that v3.0 is what we'll be using for today's tournament.

Cool. See you guys in a few hours!

Last edited:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Great tournament and a great turnout! I have never seen that many players at a Sydney tournament! (although I started attending Sydney tournaments after melee died in like 201X)

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tournament Cal, myself & friends had a great time!

Definitely need more setups next time, especially when running all brackets at once.

Oh yeah, that lunch was ****ing ace.

Gords

Smash Champion
25-30!!!!!!!!
I didn't even know Sydney had that many players these days.

Attendance lists please and results.

Also I call ted first in PM. Zxv in melee.

I also call cal winning the cal/joe money match

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
It was nice seeing everyone! Maybe I'll enter next time.
Shoutouts to bulking up, the Church of Jon, ****ing awful breakfast menus and DOES THAT MAKE YOU A LESBIAN ROSE

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Yo huge shoutouts to TEAM BULK UP, you know who you are lol!
Also excellent tour, thanks a lot for hosting Cal, looking forward to the next :)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Results are up...

Question for OoS people: Would you guys be keen for a major on the 22nd - 23rd weekend next month?

Syke

Smash Apprentice
come to queeeeeensland the month after, we have.... air conditioning..

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
The more princesses, the better! =D

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I really like my placings here. I felt bad when I got to singles winners and losers finals for both games though because I played so horribly. My focus was out the window and I couldn't play the way I would've liked to, so I wish I had been more of a challenge to the top two contestants. Regardless, I had fun and lots of it. I still have a lot of learning to do, so I just gotta keep at it. ^_^

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
I really like my placings here. I felt bad when I got to singles winners and losers finals for both games though because I played so horribly. My focus was out the window and I couldn't play the way I would've liked to, so I wish I had been more of a challenge to the top two contestants. Regardless, I had fun and lots of it. I still have a lot of learning to do, so I just gotta keep at it. ^_^
I absolutely love your playstyle. It's so entertaining to watch :D.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I absolutely love your playstyle. It's so entertaining to watch :D.
Thank you so much! I give it my best shot when I can.

Zxv

Smash Lord
It was kind of unfortunate that we had to split 3 brackets due to time constraints... I can't remember the last time I've versed Ted in a full set in any of the games. Project M was actually really close; I 3-0'd Ted in Winners and he 3-0'd me in first set of GF before we split. Looking forward to the next tourney, where if we get started on time *cough* Cal's laptop *cough* we might actually have time for finals.

Anyway, huge shoutouts to everybody who was there. We had a great turnout, with 28 people entering between both games, 1 person spectating and 1 person randomly appearing at ~7pm looking to steal equipment and being chased out of the venue by security.

In addition to that, I'd like to extend a personal welcome to all of the newcomers that we saw on Sunday. It's always lovely to see fresh meat new faces and I look forward to seeing you all (and hopefully more) in the future!

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually likely to already be in Sydney on the 22nd/23rd, so I can probably attend if the tournament falls on those dates (22nd preferred).

Last edited:

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
It's mostly my fault for the holding up the brackets towards the end of the day, my bad. Special shoutouts to Zxv and Tom for handling the monies and looking after stuff and shoutouts to everyone else that came! It's nice to see some new faces and I hope to continue seeing more in the future.

In other news, there's a high chance that the mascot venue won't be available next month. At least on the 22nd - 23rd weekend. Can people tell me where else I might find a vacant hall or something?

Top Bottom