• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings #5.00000001337 (4/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordsaint

Smash Master
So Andrew tells me that you guys aren't looking to revise until end of August? I disagree with that on a number of reasons.

First would be Ted and Shaya's shared #1 spot, it's long been overdue that they were seperated. Ted has consistently proved dominence over Shaya, and has a better record against players lower on the PR than him, including myself (and now ZXV).

My recent lack of attendance is now somewhat holding up the pr as well. A simple solution, remove me. I don't want to hinder players that are laying down the **** like ZXV and Ricky just because I 'might' come back soon.

I think Luke's pretty solid where he is for now at 4th, one bad tournament isn't enough to drop yet imo.

S.D will be removed from no longer being NSW?
there's a bit of scabe/liam/silfa conflict i think but i think the reasons above justify a new pr soon.

releasing a 5.0 and then revising in about a month or two based on stats from the up and comers and making a 5.1. just seems fair to recognise the players that are doing good now.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Hey Scott. Anyway I think a new PR should be made just before Robocop. Also next tournament i'll hopefully be able to play in singles and get to play against Luke, in the process crushing his soul and once and for all proving that I should be above him on the PR. Anyway this is what I think the PR should look like when you make a new one.

Ted, JP, (Toby if he turns up and stops being a scrub), Me, Luke, Ricky, ZXV, Scabe, Andrew, Silfa, ILAG?

tedeth

Smash Master
lol I don't know where Zero is getting this information. Me and Shaya started rediscussing it last night.

We're also talking about electing the panel, which I think would be a good idea.

Gords

Smash Champion
liam, dont be such an idiot, robocop is over 2 months away.
A new PR is necessary atm since it is severely dated with members on there that shouldnt and players that deserve to be on there and are not.
there is enough time for a new PR now and another just before robocop anyway.

although i think it would be better to have a new PR now and do a revvision of it just before robocop and then a new PR again after robocop.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
lol Liam, how do you move up if you haven't played singles in the last 2/3 Boosts and lost to Toby.
Yes I lost to Toby, which is why I placed him above myself in what I thought should be the PR. No one except Toby, Ted, JP and Scott has beaten me for what the last 6 months and they are all above me on the PR. Also my theoretical PR was based upon the assumption that I crush Luke next tournament, which I will surely do. Anyway I think the panel should be Luke, Ted, JP and Toby or me or Andrew, ZXV could also be on there if you want more than 4 people.

Edit: Just read Andrew's post lol.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Yes I lost to Toby, which is why I placed him above myself in what I thought should be the PR. No one except Toby, Ted, JP and Scott has beaten me for what the last 6 months and they are all above me on the PR. Also my theoretical PR was based upon the assumption that I crush Luke next tournament, which I will surely do. Anyway I think the panel should be Luke, Ted, JP and Toby or me or Andrew, ZXV could also be on there if you want more than 4 people.

Edit: Just read Andrew's post lol.
How do you expect Toby to make pr if he never attends? And loses to EA. Consistantly.

Alzi

Smash Master
I still don't understand why you guys have ACT players in your PR.

It just makes NSW look worse LOL. Make ACT have it's own PR list and if it doesn't have enough people too bad how sad then they shoudn't even make one.

I still lol at how two people share first place as well. If they were even at the time then the list should of never got updated... Until there was a clear show that one was better then the other.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Alzi don't come into this discussion saying it makes NSW look worse when our PR rank 10 is basically the equivalent of your 2nd ranked PR player in terms of skill.

Alzi

Smash Master
All i see in your PR is a mixed PR with some ACT players and NSW players mixed.

Oh so you mean Vlade? He's never even vs'ed any eastern person in brawl and your already comparing his skill with your PR players.

I'm just saying it's a bad idea having two states share a PR. It's stupid. The title even says New South Wales PR rankings but it's lieing because there is ACT people in that PR.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Alzi don't come into this discussion saying it makes NSW look worse when our PR rank 10 is basically the equivalent of your 2nd ranked PR player in terms of skill.
we probably have non-pr players that are the equivalent.

alzi, just stop talking. you dont even know our scene. remember how annoyed wa sometimes got when other states butted in to give opinions? don't be a hypocrite.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The New South Wales and ACT scenes are very closely interlinked.

New South Wales is quite a large region in terms of diverse areas players come from,
Eastern Sydney
Western Sydney
Hunter Valley
Wollongong
Canberra/ACT

Often there are those who travel further.

Also once upon a time dear Alzi, the state "ACT" never existed, and that big patch of land was
ACTUALLY NEW SOUTH WALES.

Jesmo lives in new south wales but is however disconnected from the central nsw scene ("Sydney Smash") and hence is mostly (100%) represented in Queensland. He also exists on the queensland power rankings and plays in their crew battles.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Oh so you mean Vlade? He's never even vs'ed any eastern person in brawl and your already comparing his skill with your PR players.
Reminds me of the Corpse vs the world discussions.

I'm just saying it's a bad idea having two states share a PR. It's stupid. The title even says New South Wales PR rankings but it's lieing because there is ACT people in that PR.
ACT isn't even a state. Even the name says so. =P It's not big enough a scene on its own, so its generally seen as an extension of NSW.

Alzi

Smash Master
It's still a bad idea to have a mixed list.

Scooot i don't care if easterners come and post others may but i don't mind. And i think that was because you guys were talking about players. Not something as small as why do you have mixed players in the list.

But you see ACT should form their own list. Comon NSW don't be shy of having extremly bad players on your PR like we do. ;) lol pete <3

Oh so since ACT use to be NSW you decide after thousands of years that when brawl comes out and ACT is a state of it's own now you combine the PR of NSW and ACT together. Such a lame idea.

Lol MM the corpse thing is really a joke. People don't actually mean it seriously.

ACT is big enough and as i said before if it isn't they just shoudn't have a PR then. Theres no point in combining states it's just stupid.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1. Most active ACT players attend Sydney tournaments.
2. Replace "ACT" with MANY MANY other regions that I listed in my previous post.
3. Take note that the most common "scene's tournaments" they attend are the ones in Sydney.

Someone like Nova, who previously resided in Adelaide was most definitely eligible for the NSW PR because the majority of his tournament attendance is in NSW.

Power rankings are meant to help seeding at tournaments. Because ACT attends NSW tournaments, having a "fair" comparison between them is required.

Alzi

Smash Master
You mad?

If ACT goes out you will be 4th Ellipsis. Why be mad for when you can get actually achieve a higher place. Since if ACT is still there you will never get any higher then you are now.

Shaya you don't make any sense you are trying to say the same thing over again and make actual sense of why NSW and ACT combined works when it doesn;t.

swordsaint

Smash Master
You mad?

If ACT goes out you will be 4th Ellipsis. Why be mad for when you can get actually achieve a higher place. Since if ACT is still there you will never get any higher then you are now.

Shaya you don't make any sense you are trying to say the same thing over again and make actual sense of why NSW and ACT combined works when it doesn;t.
it does

your insignificant mind merely cannot comprehend!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ACT attends NSW tournaments.
Power rankings are made to help the seeding of tournaments.
Voila.

Btw I have full permission from mic to hand out infractions to you for being an idiot/trolling. Please leave this thread.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Can we get a mod to lock Alzi out of the NSW threads? Alzi you may comment on my skill level after you can beat my PT.

Alzi

Smash Master
Shaya i am not scared about infractions. They do not hurt me in anyway i just keep coming back. I have about 20 or so infractions and been banned 5 times already i am invincible.

Oh why couldn't you just say that power rankings are made to help the seeding of tournaments in the first place. Now it makes sense i shall leave in peace.

Ellipsis there is no such thing as blocking someone from a thread you fool. I never even commented on your skill. Lol oh here we go bringing in some friendlies and turning them into real matches. That is bad logic very bad. Oh my i cannot beat your pokemon trainer in a friendlie i am so bad.

Zero

Smash Hero
Liam I think playing your PT is a little unfair; he is a Perth player after all. We should get him to play your Snake, as it may be the worst character you play, getting 3 stocked by my Captain Falcon. If he can take a few stock off your Snake, then maybe he qualifies for the real challenge.

Alzi

Smash Master
kaleidoruby i don't even remember vsing you.

But getting 3 stocked by Falcon i really enjoy that. Rick does it to me all the time. And yes i am a terrible perth player everyone in perth is so terrible.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
When people are done I'd like Perth to leave the thread so we can go back to actual pr discussion.

Is there any justification towards scoot dropping any spots on the next list at the time being?

Alzi

Smash Master
Also scoot don't be a little gay boy and not go to tournaments because luke is there. That is primary school stuff. I don't see the problem when you can simply ignore him. Luke isn't even that bad.

I still don't get why everyone doesn't want to drop scoot of the list. If he's saying he won't come then just drop him simple. You do not need to give him more attention then he already has achieved. He even said he doesn't want to be on the list. REMOVE HIM it's simple. Oh wait too bad you guys created an image as your PR that will be a pain to change all the time.

swordsaint

Smash Master
look, i can understand why others would still prefer i be on there, both for ease and lack of belief in that i seriously won't be playing for a while

however - if i were to remain at third, I feel like I'd be holding players back who still care enough and because of attendance are much more deserving.

like im not saying i wont come back, just not yet. not for a while.

Alzi

Smash Master
That means Ellipsis can finally go a spot higher! hooray!

Also shaya don't give me infraction points please.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Meh this isn't as fun as when we were arguing with EA. I would refer anyone who is interested in a funny read to pages 40-45 of this thread. Have the original panel and just add me Ricky and ZXV and obviously Toby if he is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom