• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
YI is good for Falco as long as you know the stage.
He can camp under the platform.
He can wall jump recover.
So eh, Mike. Don't use Falco in your little argument kthx.
jeez you dont have to be all immature about it... toolate :laugh:! I already said that i'm indifferent about it anyways, haha.

Falcos high lasers can be stopped by tilted platforms and he has to be more careful when recovering with phantasm. Same with Fox, but he also loses some options with his shfair, not negligible, but not 'really' important, he can also use the platform to camp.

Pikas cgrabs arn't affected from what i've tested, its his QA which is crippled, he cant qac diagonally into any of the slants, he doesn't get a bounce so he can DJ, he just slides up and into the ground (def cant QAL). he can't sh fair/fh bair -> jump or fh jolt -> dj jolt cozof slants. The platform in the middle protects the opponent from high aerial jolts, but then also creates a platform for the jolt to hit and prevent jumping (trade off). the big platform also prevents grounded blue thunder on like 60% of the level which is a bit lame.

With toon links i think the main problem is the giant platform completely cutting off their high aerial bomb game and hindering their boomerang game, there are probably some pro's though.
Wario loses his ability to sh dair/fair -> dj on slants(which i think is quite a disadvantage).

so revision on last post:
I think pika(especially)/ness/lucas/gdorf/wario also maybe toonlink are the chars that will most likely ban YI's without hesitation. but afaik arn't 'hugely' affected from playing on bfield or smashville...

Conclusively: doesn't really seem to change a whole lot, hah. with the exclusion of FD, i still suppose that on average, non projectile/camp characters will benefit from the change.

Toby.

Smash Master
wow guys liam and I try to make things interesting and remove some of the fail and we get ignored.

what hard times we live in.

I give your collective response zero out of five stars. Condog gets 4.

I think id better quit smash now. You terrible people you.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You said more was to come.

I awaited byron bay salsa, fetta cheese and pesto.
BRING A TV NOOB.

Also "Conclusively: doesn't really seem to change a whole lot, hah. with the exclusion of FD, i still suppose that on average, non projectile/camp characters will benefit from the change."

Keikaku Doori.

Gords

Smash Champion
Bus prices don't change but train prices go through the roof During peak hours.
Definitely cheaper catching the bus especailly with the airport link toll.
What was the bus we catch from central again Shaya?

Also I will have my wii.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Look on the bottom of the first post of the topic.
It lists every bus that goes by the place. I believe all of them except 400/410 go through the city/central.

I know at least the 309/310 do.

-

Also, because I CAN

As i'm worried about TVs being an issue at this BOOST ONLY: (with the split over 2 games)
I won't charge venue fee to those who bring at least one set up (TV + wii/cube).

Thus far that's going to be just myself, EA and S.D it seems. Max one per customer.
THATS A MASSIVE SAVING OF FIVE WHOLE AMAZING $$$DOLLARS$$$.
Poor me having 4 tvs to bring but only one wii, and no strong people with wiis to come help me get a ****ton of **** to the venue.

Woe is me. Oh well, look at this AMAZING deal im getting at bringing 4 tvs! $1.25 each!

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
do you need more wiis?

Im guessing i wont get an answer for a while considering he only went to bed 6 hours ago

swordsaint

Smash Master
jeez you dont have to be all immature about it... toolate :laugh:! I already said that i'm indifferent about it anyways, haha.

Falcos high lasers can be stopped by tilted platforms and he has to be more careful when recovering with phantasm. Same with Fox, but he also loses some options with his shfair, not negligible, but not 'really' important, he can also use the platform to camp.
This is why I said know the stage. Watch the platform and camp whichever side of it won't hinder your lasers.

swordsaint

Smash Master
lol, the only time I brought it was when I was running late harrison,

Yeah I'll be in the front car if you want. You can make me lol with your amazing emotionless complaints,.

Zero

Smash Hero
ALRIGHT

My train at Mascot arrives at 9am, but tourney starts at 10am. Anyone want to meet up at the bakery/other place for a bite?

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
my train is at 6:28am

still pretty bad imo
My train is at 7.22 am from westmead which isnt that far...
I'm jigging school to to this **** so it better be worth it.
Also scott is shouting my train ticket...
Getting to Mascot station 8.05....
WHAT AM I GOING TO DO FOR 2 HOURS?

Top Bottom