• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Bjay

Smash Lord
Well Shaya is asking everyone to bring TV's in the Sydney thread so it's on.

Potential for team random bjay?
Aww, I added my edit in too slow =P

Sorry S.D., I'm already teaming up with someone. However I do that like idea though, how about the next tournament? :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Since it's obviously on again...

Might as well ask this here rather than flounder around on the day. Anyone wanna team with a Kirby?

Gords

Smash Champion
agh I still need a team mate for this weekend.
I'm up for team random S.D.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
NTSC and PAL, while similar have some VERY significant differences which really do affect the gameplay. Spike cancels, weird glitchy **** like samus infinite grapple, moonwalking about 1000 times easier. There's plenty more but if you play one the other will mess you around a bit for a while.
I know, but my point was that there's nowhere near enough of a difference to justify going out of your way to get an NTSC copy, especially when PAL is the version which will be played most here.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
LOL, traveling around looking for a second-hand copy here is far more of an out-of-the-way effort than ordering an NTSC copy from eBay. xD

PeaCe

Smash Rookie
Well you can probably count me and Ineffable in, we'll discuss it tomorrow.

As for any others, I dunno, maybe one or two more, I doubt it though. At this point I think I'm pretty much up for coming though, Ineffable's unsure.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Jason! We should team, then. :3

I'm not terribly good, I hope you'll forgive me for that. D:

S.D

Smash Master
I know, but my point was that there's nowhere near enough of a difference to justify going out of your way to get an NTSC copy, especially when PAL is the version which will be played most here.
I need to be quiet sometimes

EDIT: Sorry for the spammage Shaya..

Bjay - next tournament our team will wear the ? loud and proud; Gords, i will see whether my brother is coming or not and get back to you about TEAMS.

Defiled

Smash Apprentice
Can we perhaps get an update on whether or not this tournament is going to be top/high tier banned, before the day of the tournament?

Oh also, I'm probably going to need a partner.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No.

I'll be flipping a coin on the day and deciding then. Whether or not the coin is a two sides the same coin or not is something you'll never be able to prove.

But if you're someone who fights me on a regular basis and you know which characters I've been training with you'll probably get a good idea of the situation :).

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
No.

I'll be flipping a coin on the day and deciding then. Whether or not the coin is a two sides the same coin or not is something you'll never be able to prove.

But if you're someone who fights me on a regular basis and you know which characters I've been training with you'll probably get a good idea of the situation :).
that means any char goes.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh btw, just so everyone is sure/aware, the tournament was in a state of almost being cancelled.
Sarcasm wrapped in truth, there was a chance of it being cancelled due to certain UNIVERSITY PEOPLES ignoring my/CHAIRMAN's emails.

Alas that has been alleviated.
Now all I have to do is cancel it on Saturday Night due to my hair falling out from university work.

And ComboTurtle is a wise *** man.

S.D

Smash Master
Well if there's going to be problems please let us know asap, i really don't want to come all the way to randwick for nothing.

EDIT: I'll be teaming with my brother, sorry Gords, maybe another BOOST?

Gords

Smash Champion
that's ok S.D. It seems very likely now that a friend is coming so I can team with him. Also a couple of people I met on the bus the other day might be coming as well, so if it comes to it j can team with them for the BOOST.

But yeah sure, I will definately be up for teaming with you in a future BOOST.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Are these people UNSW students Gords? if So... AWESOME.

But guys, I really need a low down on people willing to bring TVs/Wiis.

As of right now (LULZ) I actually have LESS WIIS CONFIRMED than I do televisions. So hahaha.

2t, I'm not certain if you are actually bringing a television? If you are I'd be really appreciative.
All in all having it used for melee friendlies is definately something that I'd love to happen during the day. (Like at the worst after double elim starts the tv becomes a melee tv)?

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Alright I'll bring one for sure if I end up coming, not entirely sure if I am yet though.
I'll be very tempted if we are allowed to play Melee friendlies on it for the whooole time though :D

But then it's not really doing anything for the Brawl tournament, all it's really doing is promoting Melee haha

Dedu

Smash Lord
Moar for the lulz, Shaya.

Wiis are always >>>>>>>>> TVs.
But you can't have one without the other.

Melee friendlies... Might come round later.
What time does the venue finish?
hmmm...

Gords

Smash Champion
Shaya what is the equipment count for this tournament so far?

Also what is a very easy noticable way of teling if a tv has lag or not and is there a general rule to which tvs experience the lag?
When connecting a wii to the tv via VCR/DVD player does this cause it to lag as well?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
LCD Televisions.

Also I'm not certain about DVD/VCR's, but they may lag...

Equipment [Televisions]?
3 (Shaya n crew)
+
2 (luke n crew)
+
1 (unreon)
+
1 (sylvan n crew = slax)
+
1(maybe) [2t?]
= 7 (8)

Wiis are
1 (me) + 1 (luke) + 1 (unreon) + 1 (tedeth) + [maybes: 1 (mtr) + 1 (e_alert) + 1 (gords) + 1 (2t?)]
= 4 (8)

I have a lot less wiis confirmed than Televisions :D

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok that's seems ok. Just to let you know though my wii is a definately confirmed wii. Also the people from the bus thebother day called me they are most likely going to bring their wii a well. So there is another maybe.

EDIT: so does all LCD TVs lag. And do you know why they lag?

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
LCD TVs don't lag if you use a component cable. When I use one with mine I can play Melee on it fine

Gords

Smash Champion
Is that same for brawl. Does the component cable work like that for all tvs and does it work like that for all GC and wii games?

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's the same for Brawl and all other games, I said Melee to show that there's virtually zero lag so you can do the frame-by-frame technical stuff that Melee requires.

And I believe it makes all GC games run in progressive scan even if the game originally didn't support it with a GC cable.. that's what I heard anyway and it seems to hold true

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Please be aware:

On Sunday the 21st of September, the same day of this tournament, "Sydney Marathon" is taking place, and there are to be road closures around the CBD and even sections of Anzac parade (UNSW is on anzac parade) closed. Please be aware of the road closures and also for those taking public transport that your buses will be going through diverted routes, and please allow for extra travel time and stuff.

Top Bottom