• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I said something, and i don't main DK. Also, if you are offering everyone to CP you there anyway, WHY BAN IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

EDIT: LOL @ wifi waiting room being neutral. It's like FD, except the problems FD present are even more pronounced.

tedeth

Smash Master
I started typing some long post but got bored. To be ditect it basically covered:

1) I really can't be bothered arguing.

2) I'll be wanting to play proper, unhacked rules at the tourney wherever possible so whoever wants to do that can do that with me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Condog, because it's a silly stage.
I WUB PIRATE SHIP, but it's a silly stage.

Look here youngun, BACK IN MY DAY, MY GRAND-PAPY SPANKED ME GOOD FOR WANTING TO PLAY ON PIRATE SHIP; pssh you new generation kids, with your free approaching, your 0-deaths and your hard-core campan, if my grand-papy was here he'd smack you silly, and beat me for even letting you argue.

Actually, replace Pirate Ship with Silph Co Tower/whatever from Smash 64.

But D0N, if this really will be your last tournament, I think I'll have Japes on for you.

Also, lol @ M2K.
looooooooooooool.
Let's go back to America soon.
Rickys coming this time, blackjack, hookers and all.

D0N

Smash Ace
Anyone can CP any stage if both players agree to it.

Why ban anything?
Because if you don't you have no basis to go by as far as what is/is not a good place to go. There would be no reasonable way to solve a dispute if I wanted to go to 75m and someone else didn't

PLEASE STOP PLAYING DEVIL'S ADVOCATE :mad:!!! You seem to completely miss the point of things sometimes.

And thats as far as i'll go. <3 EA.

Edit: Shaya I was just giving you a hard time, I know that place is silly. I'd still like it to be legal though lol. But uncle Toby's speech scared me so i'm not saying anything anymore. If there is another November tourney I may go, but it really depends how I feel about my exams because it will probly end up being around exam time.

Toby.

Smash Master
I'm sorry D0N :(

I just don't like seeing people get worked up. Insults get thrown and it just causes unnecessary tension. I apologize for saying anyone was crying - it was a pretty harsh choice of words.

<3

edit: I still think its a bad idea to call our current source of tournaments "that guy" though :p
We owe him a lot.

<3 !

D0N

Smash Ace
Shaya knows I'm kidding and I just have a competetive grudge against him. At least now he does.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Because if you don't you have no basis to go by as far as what is/is not a good place to go. There would be no reasonable way to solve a dispute if I wanted to go to 75m and someone else didn't

PLEASE STOP PLAYING DEVIL'S ADVOCATE :mad:!!! You seem to completely miss the point of things sometimes.
teehee.

Naw, what you just said was pretty much the point I was making. What I said was just a sarcastic response to Connor, it was meant to sound silly to highlight how flawed the logic was. :p It's my way of saying "because there're good reasons to ban it (and others) that have nothing to do with Shaya's personal stage preferences."

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Uncle Toby's Rolled Oats

I am also against the admission of subspace stages into any vanilla Brawl tourney stage list. My main concern with the addition of subspace stages/hacked stages is the 'pressure' put on attendees to have a hacked Wii to be familiar with the stages. While many in the current scene may have hacked Wiis, what about those who don't? Shouldn't each player have an equal opportunity to win on every level? While the advantage may or may not be all that significant, it would still exist. I thought the whole idea behind a tournament was a fair event to test each player's skill? Things like the sweetspot area of a ledge and the different heights of platforms could change a game dramatically in the favour of the person familiar with the stage.

500th post rant.

tedeth

Smash Master
There are so many things I want to say to everyone about why they are wrong or why they are stupid. (Not mentioning any names, but odds are, it's you), but I'm just too nice to do it...

**** smashboards distracting me from my assignment!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
The"Hacked Wii Boost Standard" will come out soon.
And no ways for ted to pray to the tripping gods to win entire matches.
when the "Hacked Wii Boost Standard" comes out I predict what little respect was held for you will get throw into a black abyss, blacker then the blackest black times infinity.

also for the last ****ing time, the trip did nothing, you tripped, ted didnt punish you, you then got up and kept fighting, died and then preceeded to not only falsely blame the trip on your death, but also the whole match, now I know johns are your specialty but I have to ask.
Are you mentally ********?

anyways, if your going to ban on something, stick to it, not this half hearted "OH you can pick it if you want cause I'm a tough ****"

People shouldn't need an invincible I WILL NEVER DIE HAHA stage to win.
how about an invincible I WILL NEVER DIE HAHA character...

"Pick Summit, I dare you. I dare you."
YES! oh the lols

Spear Pillar anybody? :D
...Luke?
I am already there, if we are in the same pools, fox V sonic on spear pillar?

EA + MK + Tornado
Bowser "apparently" has a matchup advantage on MK, or so some Americans think, I personally doubt it but dont know enough about the matchup to make an informed decision.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Bowser "apparently" has a matchup advantage on MK, or so some Americans think, I personally doubt it but dont know enough about the matchup to make an informed decision.
Not an advantage, as far as I know.
I think it's slightly in MK's favour. But only slightly. Bowsers MK matchup is better than some.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't worry Luke, my little respect for you is well deservingly placed right where you left it.

Trip button occured at BoostV more than Rocky. But maybe you don't have the perception to realise that tripping can really mess up one's flow, etc etc. You were going to win that set at Rocky anyway, but it was annoying to have something like that appearing to get in the way of focussing, understood?

And it is banned, Luke. I'm an evil man though. Surely if I allow you to go to a banned stage, the favour would have to be returned, no?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm not worried, your opinion of me doesnt bother me in the slighest because I know deep down you <3 me.

anyways not sure what your refering to (rocky doubles?) I was refering to you vs ted at boost V, but as for flow, I can understand that completely but if you trip and dont get punished for it and that still messes up your flow, then your pretty ****, I mean cmon how many times have to tripped before? if you wanna win you have to man up and roll with the punches.

and yes I would return the favor, but I dont want to go to japes.

I want fun stages like shadow moses, and yoshi pipes, and Onnet!!!!

in fact if we ever get a projecter set up, I highly recommend an exibiton match between me and toby on pipes, probably the most entertaining match you'll ever see

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shadow Moses ftw.

Deep down I despise myself for thinking all Red-Heads were not douches.
**** YOU MAURER AND YOUR AWESOMENESS.

BoostV had "(I'm winning) -> trip -> get fsmashed by ted because of trip -> get off stage -> get ****ed because im off stage -> Get back on stage -> suddenly losing -> ted starts running away again"

Trip buttons are lame anyway, Toby would have done a lot better against me at Boost4 Grand Finals if it wasn't for his constant tripping.

tedeth

Smash Master
Me and Toby were having a short Bowser/MK discussion and we managed to conclude that the entire matchup is based on the word "considering".

ie. "Considering it's Bowser, and considering it's MK, he does really well."

@ Shaya: I remember that trip well. I was in the lead. You tripped. You were on low %. I fsmashed you. You were like "****ing tripping" then continued to concentrate more on tripping johns than the actual match.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hear that ea, the JEW is calling us douches?
what is this... I dont even...

face it shaya, you couldnt live without johns.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah this happens all the time, me and shaya are like yin and yang, I bags being yin so I can make fun of shaya by calling him wang

Top Bottom