• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Now That MLG Orlando Is Over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Where do we bring up the argument to Nintendo to allow us to have livestream?

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
*Ahem* I think its about that time for us as a community to confront Nintendo themselves, cuz obviously the size of MLG isn't enough to push Nintendo into allowing them to do a livestream and other stuff

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
not sure if we have an argument nintendo would care about, maybe showing the pictures and how big our community is and how everyone wants to support it. The whole weekend there where halo people and staff members saying we where the bets community that we got the most hyped and that we made for the best pictures it was awesome lol.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Yeah, it would be awesome if Ninteno would take their collective heads out of their ***** on this issue and realize what a great opportunity they are wasting / have been wasting for years by not supporting us.

It's as if they think that by supporting a competitive scene, they would somehow instantly alienate all of their casual gamers... but people will still play this game with 4 players and items "for fun" around the world no matter what. Having a competitive scene in no way removes that zany fun from this game.

That's the beauty of it... yet they somehow don't realize how many different ways this game can be / is / will always be played and are so afraid to support the competitive community for fear of somehow losing that because of it.

Such a shame :(

I mean, if they don't want to support the community, fine... but they could at least get out of the way and let us support ourselves. They seem to even have a problem doing that, though :\

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
*Ahem* I think its about that time for us as a community to confront Nintendo themselves, cuz obviously the size of MLG isn't enough to push Nintendo into allowing them to do a livestream and other stuff
Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind as well. Different forms of contact information might help. Over the phone might be the best option, cause Nintendo doesn't respond to e-mails at all, or they are very slow to responding to e-mail.

Even better, would be telling Reggie to his face, since he is the president of nintendo of america. In person, would probably get the best results, but that opportunity is very rare.

Conti

Smash Ace
Maybe if the entired community at the exact same time [as in we plan the time and date to send the email]... send an email that someone comes up from swf... they might notice like a thousand of the same email from a thousand different smashers

Just maybe...

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I'd do it. And its possible that a movement like this could affect future games as well. Imagine if the next Smash Bros was designed from a competitive standpoint for a change.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
Maybe if the entired community at the exact same time [as in we plan the time and date to send the email]... send an email that someone comes up from swf... they might notice like a thousand of the same email from a thousand different smashers

Just maybe...
That would probably just get spam filtered 8(

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Well first off the best way to get nintendos attention is to answer one simple question;

How would the stream benefit them in every conceivable way?

Simply saying, "well its great advertisement" isnt enough from their POV.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo isnt allowing the stream for one simple reason: COPYRIGHT

Well, If we advertise SSBBS community more=morebuyers=More $$$= nintendos aprooval. :)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
If MLG has the legal rights to run this tournament and nintendo knows about there isnt any real copyright issue. Good players did make money off of MLGs tournament after all, just by playing their respective games.

Actually, instead of beating around the bush assuming nintendo said this/that. What did nintendo officals ACTUALLY say about the stream that made them say no?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Did nintendo have to grant permission for Melee also? How did that work?

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
its possible they just didn't respond and MLG didn't want to take the risk, tbh if i am the exc of MLG I wouldn't risk my company for a bunch of people wanting to watch a live stream. it wouldn't suprise me if MLG just played it safe and didn't live stream it. Nintendo gave them the rights to run the tournament so i doubt they would have said NOOOOOO to live stream

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hopefully that gets through.

Either we send a lot of emails or a lot of emails to different places or a lot of phone calls or even someone stopping by their offices. There's nothing to lose in trying anything and everything.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that MLG makes you pay for HD live streaming. That's probably where the big no-no from Nintendo came from because they are making you pay to watch their game.

This is just speculation though

Ballistics

Smash Champion
MLG asked Nintendo if they could livestream and Nintendo said no?

Its so much easier to get forgiveness than permission.

So did Microsoft say yes or something? I saw halo being streamed

I stream melee all the time gtfo nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom