• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
*Looks around*

Yes, there are people here. >_>

We have about 7-10 dedicated melee players, and around 25-30 for the Brawl scene.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
I don't know if they even have one, aha. All I know is one guy from NB goes on aib a decent amount, but I don't know his user name. If I see him again I'll link you to his profile so you can see if he knows things.

Edit: why is this place so dead suddenly?

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
is there a bi-weekly this sunday? i'm leaving town on the 19th, but if anyone wants to play smash/hang out with me we should make some arrangements.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, Ranbats Round 1 are this week, Saturday night.

I'm going to try to get vids up following the ranbats this weekend. The tournaments will be uploaded in full, but my new policy is that All sets from the ranbats must be REQUESTED, or they won't be uploaded. I may do a list of sets, and then people can pick and choose what they want to see. Makes it more manageable for me timewise, and saves time, space, and effort.

Also, Zhao, I unfortunately realized I don't have a VCR to record the tape from, so that may have to wait until I can get home for long enough to try to record it. If you'd like, you can ask someone else, and I can hand it off at a biweekly.

camden

Smash Apprentice
Ummm, to try and answer your question Likeness, yes, we have dedicated Brawl players, although Melee players are harder to uncover. I do know of a guy from Fredricton named darkanima, you can find him on AiB. He's also a Peach player. There's someone named Takato from NB, although I'd have to look to find his location. He's a really good Diddy.

Besides that, the hub of the maritime Smash scene is Halifax. We have bi-weekly ranking battle events at a local independent game shop, and we also host tournaments every couple of months. Like others have stated, we have a bi-weekly this coming Saturday, as well as a tournament on the 25th, although that's a fundraiser.

I don't care if the guy ever reads this, it was fun to type. It makes me feel more important. :3

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
@ Raz
I have Steves VCR I can Take it this Saturday.

I would be UP for smash at my place sometime with Malcolm and who ever wants to come. I only have one tv now though.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I've been busy, so I haven't heard too much about these ranking battles. Are the bi-weeklies changing format?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
yeah. Basically the way it's gonna work, if that people can challenge anyone else to a 3/5 set using the ruleset posted on the facebook group. The result of said set is then reported to me, and at the end of the night, I'll be doing all the rating calculations based on wins and losses. (Using the ELO rating system)

If people are too shy to challenge someone, I'm just going to assign everyone a number and start using a randomizer to pick opponents.

Only one set with each opponent counts per night, so make sure you establish IF the set is going to count or not. Friendlies afterwards are fine, but if you need a warm-up set first, that's cool too.

I can do my best to answer any other questions you have.

Edit: 2/3 is optional if you like, but 3/5 is preferred.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
3/5 is gonna take forever.
3/5 also gives Grand Finals quality sets, and only one set per pair per night counts towards the rankings, so the rest don't have to be 3/5. You can also agree to do 2/3 if you choose. However, if either player requests 3/5, the other must oblige.

Alright Paul, that works too.

camden

Smash Apprentice
By the way everyone, I was in talking with Adam the other day, and he said we could have 5 stations to use for the bi-weeklies. Two of them are televisions, if that's a concern.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Whoa, inactivity much.

So, I would have thought at least some of the vids from Hellasmashed would be up by now, what happened with that?

:034:

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
good to see everyone saturday. sorry i couldnt get a chance to play everyone, i was feeling like poop. i had fun though!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I can start a poll in this thread and edit it regularly if any of you find that a poll in this thread would be useful/entertaining.

Top Bottom