• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey guys, Marth has this thing called bad (or at the very least even) match-ups. I know MK didn't have them, so you may be unfamiliar with what they are. Oh, and bad stages, those are unusual too. (I know you're trolling, don't take me seriously. xD)

Dedede, ROB, DK, Wolf, Peach (When played correctly), Snake, Diddy, ICs, and many others. :p

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hey guys, Marth has this thing called bad (or at the very least even) match-ups. I know MK didn't have them, so you may be unfamiliar with what they are. Oh, and bad stages, those are unusual too. (I know you're trolling, don't take me seriously. xD)

Dedede, ROB, DK, Wolf, Peach (When played correctly), Snake, Diddy, ICs, and many others. :p
Peach does not go even with marth. She simply doesn't.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Peach does not go even with marth. She simply doesn't.

I'm just going off of what I hear on the Marth boards. Everyone seems to agree that at mid-level play, Marth ***** Peach like 65/35, but they seem to think it's closer to 55/45 or 50/50 if both players play the match-up correctly.

Apparently the big issue stems with Marth committing to an aerial within range of her fair. I've never had to play a really competent Peach, so this is mostly hearsay. No need to nit-pick. :p

Croi

Smash Lord
There aren't any big Canadian tournaments occurring every weekend :(

If an MLG-like happened in Toronto I'd so be in you wouldn't even know.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I blame population density. 32 million people in the 3rd or 4th (I can never remember) largest country in the world.

Lolwut.

swordgard

Smash Hero
If your trolling, get better at it.

If not, then I guess you don´t realize how much some people put into the smash community compared to others.

swordgard

Smash Hero
"I blame people not trying to bring new players into the community"

I had interpreted this as a low shot to the mk anti ban community and like the rest of the community, stamped a big "NO U" on it
The world isn't all black and white. TBH I hate the "choose a side" mentality about the MK debate. Things are everchanging, so you need to keep an open mind.

camden

Smash Apprentice
I've brought a few players fully into the scene. Some of them were already in the scene a bit, but I'm somewhat responsible for Aaron, Jesse, Wayne, the new Jordan, the new Steven, and a few others I can't remember from memory.

I contribute, as a TO, as a player, and as someone who generally cares about the growth of our community, and the community itself.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I brought in 5 or 6 people, but it's up to them to acquire the passion for the game and stick around. Christian is the only one who has stayed, unfortunately.

Can't force people to play.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Frag for Cancer is September 25th.

I also brought like 4 or 5 people in, but they've mostly left or are too busy.

Edit: I suppose I can say I brought in some people from halophax/phaxgaming.

also, what place did inui get in raleigh?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Frag for Cancer is September 25th.

I also brought like 4 or 5 people in, but they've mostly left or are too busy.

Edit: I suppose I can say I brought in some people from halophax/phaxgaming.

also, what place did inui get in raleigh?
I see 33rd, but I'm not sure if there was DQ's or anything.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Technically it was Lamb who brought me in, he brought Meow in, who introduced me to the group, who introduced Atila to the group.
Haha, I just don't wanna give Camden the credit :p

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
nvm, i dont know why i asked about frag, i never even planned on going LOL. good to know though? :p

i'm gonna start playing old NES games soon...im starting with Final Fantasy, it looks hilariously fun.

Drake12

Smash Ace
You don't remember the 1st tourny I was at? After you wrecked me with Pika, and Oli on Luigi's mansion.
I mention 'stryfe' to ya.
I guess I looked like your average newbie scrub back then, back when we did pools and all that.

I feel so dissed...why don't you remember me? I'm gonna find a razor and add some scars now.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Open them veins.

I vaguely remember someone stryfe knew comming in on the scene, but I thought they left. I didn't make the connection that it was you, lol.

I don't really know anyone until they start doing good, unless they're someone I bring in personally.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
how many people can you think of carried over from the old melee crowd? i can only think of like 4 people.

Top Bottom