• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Pey

Smash Apprentice
lol? you don't have to go into any bios. or anything else, for that matter. once you set up an emulator, you literally never have to set it up again.

all you do is go on it and then enter a server or p2p. it's not that hard, and it's a lot more convenient if you wanna play online one night and you have nobody over or something. plus there's gameshark shenanigans, texture and music hacks, etc.

I don't think you realize how many people play ssb64 online every day.
did you just compare an n64 emulator to a gamecube emulator? :chuckle:

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
yes I did, they're practically the same thing; they work the same way, they even use the same client for online play. what's your point?

also I'm gonna stop talking about this before grimer rages!

Pey

Smash Apprentice
yes I did, they're practically the same thing; they work the same way, they even use the same client for online play. what's your point?

also I'm gonna stop talking about this before grimer rages!
ok they may use the same "online client" but they are not similar otherwise. ppl play ssb64 online because you don't need a god computer to run it, but running gcn roms is a HASTLE peeeace

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
someone should bring a different fighting game to the tourney. i know we're all coo coo for smash, but how about a little variety? some people are better at other fighting games than they are at smash. other games have a better balance of characters. its always annoyed me how some characters in smash will almost always lose because of the whole tier thing. someone bring blaz blue, i saw it on tv and hear its awesome. i wants to play too! or guilty gear, street fight alpha series, or marvel vs. capcom types, any good 2d fighter

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
I hope the TO wont be against having another game. I love smash but I love fighting games more. I need a different kind of challenge. Brawl isnt' very confrontational. I like the ones where there's nowhere to run so you gotta fight head on :chuckle:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, in that case, I can bring a PS3, two controllers, two sticks (if you prefer) and a metric tonne of fighting games. No, not really, but I can bring:

Blazblue
Guilty Gear XXAC+
SFIV
Arcana Heart

I could bring my PC, because it has Touhou: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, SFIII: Third Strike, and Melty Blood: Act Cadenza, but it has a tendency to overheat, plus I don't really want to drag all this stuff there. :ohwell:

EDIT: I'll have to see if I can get the car to tote the PS3. But I can bring controllers and games for sure.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
if registration shows anything about this tourny, it'll be much smaller than the usual ones.

hopefully it'll finish up fast, i may stick around to get my *** whooped @ some of these games. depends :)

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
wow indeed.
if you can get wheels you should bring an extra tv :) theres no way we can really swing getting these games played unless there are extra tvs. we do have a tourney to run afterall.

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
I am working on bringing 3-4 tv's. I hope we have around 8 if we can swing it.
Also i have never played the ps3 before. I base my lack of enthusiasm on their gaudy console design. It's just so awkward looking.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
HAHA that's a horrible reason to not play ps3 xD

if you need a drive to make these other fighting happen let me know, if its a reasonable distance i dont mind being the taxi. im mainly interested in Blazblue, since i cant really play these games out here i will have to read up on how the game works and i wont be able to learn 4 games from text :p so il just focus on blazblue. oh, and i guess il practise some brawl. if there was a dark enough room i could bring my projector, bigger is better.

wow...im reading up on Blazblue and it looks wicked awesome. insanely technical. im looking forward to Blazblue more than smash now! lets do whatever it takes to have this at the tourney :D

camden

Smash Apprentice
I don't see a problem with another game being played on a T.V., since this tourney seems like it's gonna bomb. I blame Facebook's group designs. Still hate it. :\

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
chin up, dude. we don't usually start postering and getting people to sign up until the last week. i've seen it before, people tend to want to put off things as late as possible unless its to get tickets that will sell out fast or get the best seat in the theatre. word of mouth is the grassroots way its always been done considoring we don't make cash or get sponsored to put these on so the encouragement is well... lazy, haha.

Dr. Strangefalcon: How I Learned To Stop Camping And Love The Punch WILL FEATURE:
the most epic BRAWL SINGLES tourney to ever hit the maritimes
the untouchable ZHAO
BRAWL DOUBLES by some of the finest competition w/ JUDGEMENT NIGHT, NEW MINAS HICKS, LAWYERS, etc.
MELEE ALL DAYLAY!
the tournament wrecker LAMB
fan favourites: KID A, CRML, RAZIEK, BILLYBEEGOOD, WILES, CLETUS, SVEN, ADAPT and more!
and last but not least - HALIFAX SMASH VERSUS SMU - the ultimate showdown!

ps: this will no doubt be my last tourney i help out with and participate in. its been a blast doing this stuff and meeting all kinds of people by doing something i find extremely enjoyable. if you have never gotten the chance to get pwned by MALCORE, the line starts right behind your mom, SON!

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I will be looking for lots of melee friendlies, hopefully everyone wont be too busy brawlin'. Zhao, I sure hope we play more than one game this time.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Those are actually Zhao's mom shirts, because Mama Zhao <3s Mal to death. She'll miss you too buddy ;)

And yeah, I'm hoping to get as many Melee friendlies in as possible. :)

camden

Smash Apprentice
T-shirts, huh? Now that doesn't sound like a bad idea...a perfect thing to mark the occasion. That reminds me, I have to start printing out copies of the poster to hand around at my school.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
Whats the date and time of the tourney? They blocked facebook here at work and my phone won't show me groups :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The tourney is on Saturday, January 30th. Registration is at 12:00pm, matches start at 1:00pm.

Be there or be square. Do you know how to get to the place?

Top Bottom