• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Merry Late-mas folks! Hey, i got a new phone too. Samsung Omnia 2, must be what you got zhao cuz sexy the perfect word for it

i should be at the next tourney, that'l be interesting. anybody want to play brawl the night before?

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
apparently this was new phone Christmas this year. I plan on having people over to my new place, i am thinking Jan 9th or 10th

camden

Smash Apprentice
Oh, the 9th, oh, the 9th...so much drama for that one day. Why is Jordan doing a tourney anyway? This feels like he's giving us the finger.

Colin: Don't forget, they can text me, too! I hope that I can provide relevent info. XD

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, the 9th, oh, the 9th...so much drama for that one day. Why is Jordan doing a tourney anyway? This feels like he's giving us the finger.

Colin: Don't forget, they can text me, too! I hope that I can provide relevent info. XD
I'm confused as to what you mean, Camden. This is supposed to be a warm-up for the main tournament on the 30th, since we haven't played since Hellasmashed....

I don't really understand how that's "giving you the finger".:confused:

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
jordan, you seem pretty hxc about your gamer tag. what exactly is a raziek and is it something your friends made up for you, or you claimed it for yourself?

also i don't know why cam said that. neither i or paul feel that way at all. its definately a finger to the lady who runs the anime at large tourney, but as far as i'm concerned you're just inviting friends over to your house to play videogames which is the entire point of why i got into this TO business myself.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
jordan, you seem pretty hxc about your gamer tag. what exactly is a raziek and is it something your friends made up for you, or you claimed it for yourself?

also i don't know why cam said that. neither i or paul feel that way at all. its definately a finger to the lady who runs the anime at large tourney, but as far as i'm concerned you're just inviting friends over to your house to play videogames which is the entire point of why i got into this TO business myself.
Well, I discussed it with her, and unfortunately this is really the only available time for me to run it. But that's not the matter of it. I had started planning mine before I knew about hers.

Raziek is the name of my World of Warcraft character that I created a couple years back, the name originated (seriously), when I started stringing random letters together that I liked. Started with R, and the 'az', then followed with "iek'. No joke. I liked it, and it became my tag from anything then on. If I have a different name for something, it came before Raziek. xD

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Either tournament is fine to go to. If you want to get prepared for the big one on the 30th, Jordan's might be better because the rules and the atmosphere will be more intense/like that tournament and I think more regulars are going. If you prefer a more casual, easy going day of Brawl, the Play N Trade might work better.

It's not even giving the finger really, it's moreso just a better competitive option atm.

camden

Smash Apprentice
I thought you were just trying to take away from us because you didn't like our rules or how things were run. :\ I guess things are fine after all...

Charlesz

Smash Champion
yo I might go to dalhousie university at the start of this september, is there a smash scene in dalhousie university or anywhere close to it?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Camden, just because I disagree with some of the rule changes doesn't mean I'm going to say "**** this", and do things myself. That would be immature and childish. I'm hosting this tournament mostly as a warm-up, and it does so happen it will use my rule-set. I still <3 the group, and I'm still coming on the 30th, and you and I are still partners. :p

Charlesz, I'm not sure about Dalhousie, but if for some reason you end up at Acadia, I'm always available for Brawl.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
yo I might go to dalhousie university at the start of this september, is there a smash scene in dalhousie university or anywhere close to it?
As far as I know, Dal doesn't really have a Smash scene, but technically, I went to King's and didn't live in res, so what do I know? That being said, there is a scene in Halifax, if that's what you want to know.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
there is definately a small smash scene at DAL. its very casual and they play other stuff as well when they get together such as mario kart and rockband, but anyways, the people here would know them better as the "frag for cancer" group. they have a facebook group if you want to check that out.

camden

Smash Apprentice
<3 Frag For Cancer, I'm wearing the shirt right now. ^_^

Jordan: That is definitely a relief. I'll see you Saturday. Play me in a Free-For-All with items. I'll bring my Wiimote. :D

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I wouldn't really consider Frag for Cancer a Smash scene. It's more of a charitable organization that happens to have Brawl at its events. They don't have regular meetups or anything beyond their annual fundraiser. :ohwell:

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
the doods that run it (well, yazeed at least) are pretty cool doods who if you happen to get in contact with would probably be down for some get-togethers. but ya, not like in an official meet-up sense, its more so if you are looking to make friends and hang out with some folks.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
im offically excited for the tourney ^.^ been practising at my friends house when i get the chance. hope to see everyone there!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
no seriously, I wanna play you guys. :)

anybody have a good enough computer to run melee online? I'd be up for that, just gotta get something to allow my gamecube to plug into my computer. same for brawl online too (talking about emulator here, not wifi garbage)

Pey

Smash Apprentice
no seriously, I wanna play you guys.

anybody have a good enough computer to run melee online? I'd be up for that, just gotta get something to allow my gamecube to plug into my computer. same for brawl online too (talking about emulator here, not wifi garbage)
that is probably the most difficult way you could play smash

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
LOL Raz. Get hypeddd. Also, I don't think I'll be able to make it out to Hammonds Plains, but you guys are welcome to come over for some Guilty Gear shenanigans on the evening of the 9th.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
x afterdawn x,

in my opinion setting up emulators is not worth the hastle usually. they require a lot of extra searching for the roms, bios etc and then you get to play it on the computer. whoopy. (assuming the computer can even handle a **** gamecube emuator) =the gamecube controller is vital to play with as well.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol? you don't have to go into any bios. or anything else, for that matter. once you set up an emulator, you literally never have to set it up again.

all you do is go on it and then enter a server or p2p. it's not that hard, and it's a lot more convenient if you wanna play online one night and you have nobody over or something. plus there's gameshark shenanigans, texture and music hacks, etc.

I don't think you realize how many people play ssb64 online every day.

camden

Smash Apprentice
lol? you don't have to go into any bios. or anything else, for that matter. once you set up an emulator, you literally never have to set it up again.

all you do is go on it and then enter a server or p2p. it's not that hard, and it's a lot more convenient if you wanna play online one night and you have nobody over or something. plus there's gameshark shenanigans, texture and music hacks, etc.

I don't think you realize how many people play ssb64 online every day.
I go online with SSB64 once in a while...too bad everyone on there is wicked pro...

Top Bottom