• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
If anyone wants to play offline on Friday, I'll have finished my exams and won't be playing until the 29th. Could use practice O_O

If not, I'll just wing it on the 30th, which won't be pretty. I don't take rust well, even Brawl rust ;)

MALCORE

Smash Cadet

heres the poster for you non-facebookers.
is everyone here registered via the facebook group? i know some of you got homies cool enough to register on your behalf, let me know tho cuz i'll def be your homie if you aint got one.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
word. not 100% on a place to crash anymore. im trying to find a subletter for february and as a compromise to a potential subletter i might move out early. the person hasn't even seen the place so she might not take it, but i figured i'd let you know that i can't promise anything just yet.

i got a subletter for february but i don't have to move out early or any of that other stuff i was worried about. kevin, if you want you can still crash here next weekend. is it possible you can give me and my tv/other equipment a lift for saturday? that would be gnarly.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
The tourney is on Saturday, January 30th. Registration is at 12:00pm, matches start at 1:00pm.

Be there or be square. Do you know how to get to the place?
Thank you. I plan on not being square. No, i dont know how to get there. Wish we had google street view in halifax..

Oh, I am not yet registered. If someone wants to be a pal (mal) and sign me up :) I'l be joining both brawl and melee

Kevin Walker - Cape Breton
Tag - 2112

anything else needed?

anybody want to join me in teams? i've never done teams but i think it would be fun to team up with someone i dont know and see how good we do :3 i'm a decent player, Lucario/Zelda user. i want a clever team name too

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
oh kevin, that last post was for you. u wanna crash here next friday and ride down with me and a tv the day of the tourney?

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
haha sorry, didnt even see your post before or after mine, i only check this site once a day at work.

well if its cool with him, i was gonna ask zach if i could crash at his place. then if he's coming to the tourney i can give him a drive, but its good to know i'l have a backup. thx mal. either way i can give you a lift. just give me the info and extremely detailed directions to your place. lythium, you can still make me a map if you dont mind :3 just incase. maybe you could have it added to the *shudder* facebook page. what's parking like? is this the place where the door will be locked the whole time? what if i want to go out for a smoke? do i need a chaperone? :/

does anybody else need drives? can i ask any more questions? is anybody even listening to me? what's that smell?....

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
I call shenanigans on this forum :o my post count is very incorrect. i only have to go back 6 pages and i counted like 14 posts

*edit*
this post did NOT increase my count

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm assuming you know how to get into Halifax. If you want, I'm sure I can get a better link, and actually draw you a map.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...St,+Halifax,+Halifax+County,+Nova+Scotia&z=16

Parking is not so good, as it's downtown. If you're lucky, you can sometimes find parking on Barrington Street, but I usually head up further into the side streets. Grafton Street or even Dresden Row usually has decent parking. Parking is metered, but it's free on the weekends, so no worries. That being said, it will be tricky to find an available space. There are a couple of parking garages in Halifax, but they cost money, and I'm not sure how much.

I hope that answers all your questions.

EDIT: Regional Zones doesn't have post count.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
haha thats too easy mal :p but ok. im sure i can find it. i did pizza delivery in Ottawa using a paper map xD

yeah, i can get into halifax. i once lived next to the NSCC campus, so i know Robie st and a few blocks around it. anywhere else and im a noob. so step 1 is to get to Robie, and step 2 is to get from there to where mal lives. oh cool, its very close to the commons :D yea, i should have no problems except parking. sounds like i will have to park a bit away, i have no problem with that. thx, you answered all my questions :)

i was playing melee last night, and was happy with results >D i think im more excited to play melee. im borrowing brawl this weekend to practice for that.

and that's lame that these dont count as posts :( i will forever have a small number then

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
can anybody direct me to the thread for advanced techniques? i've browsed, i've searched, and i cant seem to find it :( i have brawl for the weekend(no wifi :/) and i need to practice some thingsssss

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
This is a pretty basic guide, but it's a really good read, and it helped me a lot when I started playing Brawl: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226635 This may give you a better understanding of the in-depth mechanics, though I'm not sure if that's really what you're looking for: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155409

If you're looking for advanced techniques, your best bet is to check out character-specific forums. Who do you play? ATs vary a lot depending on character.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
Thx :) I have read that first link before, a while back. And the second one is pretty close to what im looking for, although it doesnt explain how to do it >.> i remember reading a thread that explained all those little exploits in detail. i'l have to try again later.

I play Lucario, and Zelda recently, and i know most of the Lucario specific things

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know the thread that you are thinking of, but I can't find it either. :mad:

Um, for Zelda, I recommend this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208194 There is a veritable metric-tonne of stuff to read, but it's incredibly useful information. Also, as a Brawl Zelda main, I can tell you that all of the SWF Zelda mains are very nice and knowledgeable, so if you have any questions, just ask in the Q&A thread.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
There aren't many advanced techs that need to be known, so just read up on how to use your character's current metagame and you should be good as gold.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
can anybody direct me to the thread for advanced techniques? i've browsed, i've searched, and i cant seem to find it :( i have brawl for the weekend(no wifi :/) and i need to practice some thingsssss
That's funny, I went looking for the exact same thread a few days ago, I was astounded when I could find one in less than a minute (and in fact, I failed to find one at all).

I remember when I first came to this site I ran point blank into a thread called something like "l canceling, washdashing etc." I imagine there is the demand to warrant someone making a thread like that for brawl.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
conspiracy o.o

i had to settle for youtube, searching 'smash brawl advanced'

not bad, maybe even better because you can see what its supposed to look like

yes zhao, there arent many that NEED to be known but i want to be as prepared as possible so im going above the minimum

also i have hacks on here but they dont seem to work :( only code that worked for me was the one to unlock everything

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
ugh, i failed at advanced training >.> but i was trying to do that move with snake's downB, where you run and do a cancel into downB and he keeps his momentum...i couldnt do it. if i understood it right, you run then do his attack and instantly do his downB? i would have loved to figure this one out at least, looks very useful and works for other characters too.

im somewhat satisfied with my skills atm, we'l find out soon enough :D:D

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
so a running dash attack canceled into... down b? that doesn't seem like it would work or useful.

are you share you are not thinking of dash attack canceled up smash? because that actually is useful and also works for a variety of other characters (notably falco, sheik, wario, jiggs)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sheik's dacus is freakin' beast. The only way I can do it is to play claw though, and I don't care enough to do so. Too annoying to switch back and forth, because I definitely cannot play claw for the whole match.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
oh, i meant dash cancel into smash attack, i said downB but i meant downA. the one where he pulls out the bazooka and launches a bomb while sliding to the end of the stage. i tried it a bunch of times but couldnt do it. i saw a vid where it showed the guys controller as he did it and i still couldnt do it :/

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
while dashing i hit down on the c-stick with my right thumb to initiate the dash attack, then i immediately follow with hitting up direction with my left thumb plus left shoulder with my left index finger. the left shoulder is set to grab.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
you have press block when you do the smash cancel? oh well, its too late to figure that out now

Top Bottom