• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Speaking of Melee!

There's a bi-weekly this Saturday from 7-10:30 at the Last Gamestore. If enough Melee people show up, I'm sure we could get a TV set up for Melee, and then I'd ACTUALLY bring my tape so we could record a ton of Melee friendlies.

So yeah, if there's enough interest, I'll try to get a Melee TV set up and I'll bring **** to get the matches recorded. Let me know!

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Sounds like we do have a few people for this haha, I'll bring my tape. Am I allowed to bring an extra TV? It's small, but if I'm allowed it can be used for just Melee :)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I made the mistake of getting involved in the MK debate. Big mistake. Omni is perhaps the most bull-headed, unbelievably infuriating person I have ever had to deal with. I hope he's banned just so this crap can end.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
debates are serious brawl. hey can u leave a link so i can see some debate owns?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm involved from around page 225 on if you're going to lurk me.

Nevermind, I guess I'm involved a little earlier. xD

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
katie convinced me to go to 40 ppp (out of fear, mind you) so maybe she can tell me the page number.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Well, the alternative is 15ppp, 40 is 2.6666 times 15, so dividing 213 by two and two thirds, I would have to guess his posts start around page 79 or 80.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Or you could always start at the end of the topic and move backwards. I'm still on the most recent page.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
i read some of your points, good stuff raz, i din't know you were a master-debater. but who is this omni kid? i couldnt find anyone with that username.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
He's a mod, and former head of the anti-ban side, but he's more or less given up due to getting wrecked by Overswarm and the rest of pro-ban.

And thanks for the compliment, debating happens to be a bit of a passion of mine.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Someone played pink Luigi for you, Zhao. If I had known before, I wouldn't have played Mewtwo. SO BAD. :urg:

I did have some epic matches with Paul though. GGs.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I saw some Melee on livestream, parker was disgusting. wrecked everyone

that being said, I saw Drake tear up some **** in Brawl, two stocked Parker's snake. that guy improves at a ridiculous rate, cheers to him.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I figure I'll cross-post here. I'm working on a Nova Scotia Brawl combo vid, and I'm looking for clips. If anyone has some they'd like considered, I'm happy to accept pre-recorded clips, or .bin files if they need to be recorded.

Let me know if you have any. =)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
YO MELEE DUDES

This Sunday, Steven's hosting a Brawl Weekly at his house, which is very close to my place. I'll be heading over to play both games, so anyone who's willing to come play Melee, you'll have someone to play with.

AND I WILL BRING A TAPE TO SAVE MATCHES LOL.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
^ Yes, amazing video, a Halifax-comedy-troop-inspired-smash video. Halifax's greatest contribution to melee?

i think probably

Where about is this biweekly located?

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Copy+pasted from the thread where Steven gave directions:

Stolen from another thread:
...My building is an apartment building, so I'm in [Bayers Park 2 apartments, 6967 Bayers Road] apartment 801. Buzz code is 3006. Buses that will take you here are the 80, 81 and 17 on the Bayers Road side. 18 and 9 and get of on Connaught ave and walk down Chisolm Ave to the end. Or you can take the 1 and get off at the corner of Bayers and Connaught and either up Connaught to Chisolm or walk down Bayers, they're both equally as long hah

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...222,-63.623221&spn=0.008868,0.022745&t=h&z=16
(I'm the second building in the back)

If you need anything else, just call at 406-6742.

---------------------------------------------------------

(Tyler added:)

For those who aren't familiar with the street names (Read: Anyone else from Dartmouth, ha ha), simply make your way to the Halifax Shopping Centre, and when you get off the bus, look at Moores and then look to your right. There's a street called Romans. Walk down that until you get to a set of lights, take a left and cross the street. After a minute you should see the three apartment buildings. If so, you're in the right place!

camden

Smash Apprentice
For you guys who don't check Facebook anymore, our bi-weeklies are going to be on Saturdays from now on, and they'll be a joint effort between us and the Halifax Guilty Gear Association. The next one will be March 6th. Also, don't forget about Casual Gamers Night this Sunday!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I just haven't found a really good one lately. Sometimes I'll keep an avatar for a month, and sometimes only for a day or so.

Stupid OCD.

Top Bottom