• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
go default Lythium newb ;)

kind of pumped for the tournament, I finished exams today so I may pick up Brawl and Melee to get some sort of skill back haha. It'll be so good

I want to play a ton of Melee friendlies :)

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
im on page 75 :p how close to 100 is it for you defualters?

so uh, can someone confirm that i'm registered for the tournament? ^.^;

got my car tuned up for the trip. im all set and pumped. if anybody needs a drive please give me a call 631-5328. mal you should gimme your number so I can call you when im nearby.

are we gonna have Blazblue???!?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
go default Lythium newb ;)
NO, YOU. :mad:

100 pages AND 1500 posts is a cooler goal.

Plus one those set to 40ppp can strive for.
Yeah! You tell 'em!

im on page 75 :p how close to 100 is it for you defualters?

so uh, can someone confirm that i'm registered for the tournament? ^.^;

got my car tuned up for the trip. im all set and pumped. if anybody needs a drive please give me a call 631-5328. mal you should gimme your number so I can call you when im nearby.

are we gonna have Blazblue???!?
Haha, I'm on page 38. 40ppp for the win.

Brawl singles? 2112? Yes, you are. And as far as I know, Simon and I will be bringing Blazblue, Guilty Gear, and maybe some other stuff.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
no need for the ride anymore, i had to move my stuff a bit earlier so i wont be bringing a tv/wii.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
good stuff, someone should post the list of people registered :) (for all events)

ok Mal, i'l cya at the tourneythen

word, zhao knows whats up ;) you in melee too?

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
good stuff, someone should post the list of people registered :) (for all events)

ok Mal, i'l cya at the tourneythen

word, zhao knows whats up ;) you in melee too?
You bet, I've been craving Melee lately but I doubt I'll get to play it before the tourny. I'll have to friendly a ton beforehand if so haha.

Here's the full list thus far:

REGISTERED
(TAG - NAME - LOCATION - EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST)

BRAWL SINGLES

1. MAL - Malcolm Baillie - Halifax - Full*
2. Raziek - Jordan McGee - Hammonds Plains - Full
3. Billybeegood - Parker Reid - Cole Harbour - N/A
4. Lamb - Nick Best - West Hants - N/A
5. Drast - Camden Matheson-LeFort - Halifax - Full
6. Adapt - Kyle Warren - Bedford - Wii/Brawl
7. Nyke - Craysyn Trottier - Dartmouth
8. Drake - Aaron Alexander - Lower Sackville (lol)
9. White - Adrian White - Mt. Howard
10. Naugs - Cory Naugle - Parts Unknown
11. Kid A - Paul Moore - Full
12. Zhao - Colin North - New Minas
13. Cleatus - Paul Guardia - New Minas
14. KOPop - Keith Lehwald - Halifax - Possible Wii/Brawl
15.Meta~Kirb - Matt Richard - Halifax
16. KirbyOfTheStars -Jordan Dempsey- Halifax
17. Fullhollow- Jeremy Macdonald - Halifax
18. MLaRF - Jeremy Richard - Halifax
19. 2112 - Kevin Walker - Cape Breton
20. Orb. - Sam Leblanc - Lower Sackville
21. Over! - Sean Campbell - Dartmouth
22. Xian - Christian Smith - Hammonds Plains - N/A

*Bringing a TV, Wii, Brawl, and Melee

BRAWL DOUBLES

1. MAL + Kid A = Judgment Night
2. RAZ + Drast/Staples = Union of Soviet Turtles and Dolphins
3. Billybeegood + Lamb = Play and trade was better than jordans tourney
4. Adapt + "Orb."?
5. Naugs + White = Team Rocket
6. Zhao + Cleatus = (Name Pending)
7. KOPop + (Matt Richard) = Say Say Saydism

MELEE SINGLES

1. MAL
2. Lamb
3. Billybeegood
4. Drast
5. Raziek
6. Zhao
7. lemonwater - Katie Lantz
8. Godot - Simon Gaudet
9. Spaceman Spiff - John Thompson

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
I don't know how many more for melee we will get but i know of roughly 5 more for brawl singles that will register there saturday.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
:O how come im not on the list for melee? oh well, i can register there i guess. i better not miss out on that.... melee will always be the better game for me, but lucario is my favorite character by far so im torn between the two :S i only practiced melee one night, and brawl 2 nights but im feeling pretty good.

OH, so as of right now i DO NOT have a place to stay tonight if i want to go up tonight, which I do. otherwise i have to leave at like 5am in order to get there on time. I dont mind doing that though. only thing is i have a friend that wants to come to halifax with me, so if anybody could allow us 2 to crash just for the night that'd be killer. i am done work in 7 hours, at 8pm. i need a miracle!

*8 more posts xD

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
unfortunately i had to move all my stuff on tuesday so i got nothin for ya anymore dood. get a hold of zach, maybe?

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
yea, i left him a message last night. he said i could stay but i dont know how to get to his place. its ok though, il still end up at the tourney either way

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
Found a place to stay. I'm hearing that the roads are pretty bad but I still plan on making the trip. There's no way the tourney would be cancelled because of snow..right? I'd hate to brave the roads only to have it cancelled when I get there

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
I look forward to finally being a part of a Brawl tourney! I hope my Lucario puts up a good fight! Zhao, make sure we have friendlies, look for me, I'l be the tall fella wearing a San Jose baseball cap.

argh! #1499

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'm off to help my bro's samosa business, then I'll see you at the tournament. Everyone ask me for friendlies, don't be shy!

Good luck and have fun everyone! :)

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Wow, was that tourny ever a blast! I still don't rock the facebook, so I will post shout-outs here;

Nick - best sets I've ever played maybe. My Peach isn't actually that good, as I think you may have realized by the end, you just didn't understand the gayness that is Mute City. Also, Falco dittos are amazing, cant believe I held my own, was that recorded?

Parker - not sure if you frequent Smashboards, but great friendlies and tourny set. You probably would have taken that Peach/Falco game on DL if you DI'd the d-smash correctly. Wait for approach -> mash c-stick downward -> 46% -> yeah Peach!

Colin - you're too popular at these things, I honestly wanted a tonne of friendlies, oh well, sloppy dubs will have to suffice.

CAL - Not sure your real name, but extremely patient Marth. I noticed (after being killed twice by f-smash trying to ledgehop -> f-air) that you don't punish rolls onto the stage. The startup animation for this (especially >100% damage) isn't too hard to recognize, then you could simply turn -> have your way with Sheik. Anyway, keep up the good work. Also, sorry again I told the TO's I had won before we fought, it was all those Marths getting me mad confused.

Kevin - very fun friendlies, glad you made such a long trip. Pichu/Mewtwo and Link/Peach are too fun.

Too all the TO's thanks for the great event!

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'll do Melee shout-outs here too, since most Melee people prefer SWF haha

Paul- I <3 Mewtwo and Mario, fun games. You learned how to wavedash again. ;)

John- Yeah it does suck we didn't get to 1v1, I only squeezed in Melee friendlies like once or twice before and after the tourny, it was lame. I saw your Falco dittos with Nick though in loser's finals, that was ridiculous. Very fun to watch, your Falco is beast.

Kevin- Sorry we didn't get to play man, but I saw some of your friendlies with John and they were legit. I also saw you playing Atila in Zelda dittos? How did that go? I hope you enjoyed the tournament man!

Nick- SDs in Grand Finals weren't the greatest, but Winner's Finals was the funnest time of the tournament. Your Falco is just ridiculous, and I hate Dreamland with a passion. But I won't ban it because I don't know Melee stages LMFAO.

Lythium- I didn't get to play you AGAIN, but good **** ****** Paul at Guilty Gear haha :p

MALCORE- Dub Luigi too good? Fun friendlies and I saw some of your gimps and kills with Luigi, you're so sick with him. Teach me plzzzz

There were others, but they don't check SWF so I put them with my other shout-outs

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
It was an ok tourney...a little long. Should have been a little stricter and faster with calling out matches. Brawl singles last? My first brawl match was after 5pm and it was against someone who didnt even play yet. He had been waiting around for 4 hours. During doubles, on open tv's brawl singles should have been started to get things moving. I know most people were tied up with doubles, but a few matches could have been done at least.

I was hung over u.u and I had to skip breakfast u.u had about 5 hours sleep u.u and i smoked a joint before going in x.x hahahah i was in rough shape, felt like a zombie for the first while, i had a bit of energy after mcdonalds and a bag of gummie bears though. playing melee was worth it i guess. brawl was a fail. i had no practice matches before hand and got whooped. that's ok, i kind of expected that. i might go to the next tourney, but only for melee. i have no chance of winning brawl when i dont own the game

spaceman - definatly good matches. if only we had a few more, i was only just getting warmed up haha

zhao - sux we didnt get any melee matches. you said you were rusty and ending up winning, haha i was rustier cuz i didnt even get very far. maybe its best we didnt have any matches so that next time i can actually be prepared and play melee more than 3 hours in the month leading up to it. oh, that zelda ditto was actually my best brawl match. i lost but by less of a margin than my other matches.

lythium - i think i played blazblue...i played against some guy who kept spamming the same move and it was annoying so i quit :/ looks hard to get into(but very cool)

i never realized how out of touch i am with smash bros...saw some intense matches though(melee finals)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
is this my first post........lets see... XD
Oh silly newb, post count doesn't exist in Regional Zones! Hit the other boards :p

2112, it sucks that things were so rough for you :( and that you were rusted up. Hopefully you'll see come to the next one still, Melee needs the love.

Spaceman_Spiff, winners, losers and grand finals were all recorded on Nick's camera I think. That's about it though. I really need to remember my tape next time >_< it's been too long since we've had a ton of Melee vids.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Tourney shoutouts and stuff

Pey: where you at?

Kevin: Sucks that we didn't play. And you're right about taking 4 hours to start brawl singles, considering it was a brawl tourney.

zhao: i'll get you on facebook, lol.

SpacemanSpiff: Great stuff with that falco. You looked a little quicker with the shine tricks I think. Your peach was good, cause you did pretty good against me on some other stage too. But yes, I now hate mute city. Cal doesn't go here, so I'll tell him, lol. I recorded the winners' finals, the losers' finals and the grand finals(some of the matches on darker stages are recorded bad.) I'll either upload them to my account or send them to paul or malcolm to upload them on the smashbroshali account. Either way, I'll post the links up here, once they're up.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
I don't know the full results but here is what I remember...

1. Zhao
2. Lamb
3. Spaceman Spiff
4. Billybegood
5. MAL?

Someone must have tied for 5th, but I can't recall anymore.

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
melee singles
1: Zhao
2: Lamb
3: Spaceman Spiff
4: Billybeegood
5: MAL
5: SVEN
7: 2112
7: CAL
9: Kid A
9: Fullhollow
9: Cam
9: Raziek
13: Over!
13: KirbyOfTheStars
13: lemonwater
13: Godot

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Tourney shoutouts and stuff

Pey: where you at?

Kevin: Sucks that we didn't play. And you're right about taking 4 hours to start brawl singles, considering it was a brawl tourney.

zhao: i'll get you on facebook, lol.

SpacemanSpiff: Great stuff with that falco. You looked a little quicker with the shine tricks I think. Your peach was good, cause you did pretty good against me on some other stage too. But yes, I now hate mute city. Cal doesn't go here, so I'll tell him, lol. I recorded the winners' finals, the losers' finals and the grand finals(some of the matches on darker stages are recorded bad.) I'll either upload them to my account or send them to paul or malcolm to upload them on the smashbroshali account. Either way, I'll post the links up here, once they're up.
Post your facebook shout-outs newb. That goes for everyone who hasn't <3

Some of those replays were pretty sick, I enjoyed the Nick vs. Jordan set, and Billy has shown some ridiculous improvement. Cheers to him definitely.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
EDIT: I got some melee vids from the tourney, and I'll post the link once I upload them all.

very well then, this is me shoutouts, copied from facebook:

"shooot oots
:;:;:
Molclam: You'll be missed, both as a TO and a player. I mentioned this before, but you deffinately have to hook us up with some good ontario players, lol. AND, we still haven't fought in singles since like the first tourney.

Spaceman Spiff: great stuff in melee. You made a great comeback in the losers bracket, and it was sooooo close. gotta practice my dittos. and I already said this, but i hate peach now, haha.

Parker: I'ma have to watch the dubs videos. great job though, pika and snake is too good. we both can hold stocks or act as the aggressor. also, no third for you, lol.

Colin: Ok, we played a ton of games. I think I played 5 rounds in brawl singles, 4 or 5 in doubles, and 5 in melee. We played 2 best of 5 sets in both melee and brawl, one best of 5 and one best of 3 in doubles, lol. that's something like 30-40% of my tourney matches against you. And I gotta say, thank you. I mean, can't say I played all that well in melee, but I still learned a lot from all our sets. two taunt spikes on me? ow

Cleatus: lmao at the waft kills, and double kills man. you're real good at finding those opportunities and taking them.

Kyle: I don't know really how to say this other than up front: Don't f8**ng rage. Just don't. Take your mistakes like a man, not like SMU. If you would just stop getting pissed then you can think clearer about where you made the mistakes and you'll probably not make them so much. I think that's what colin and jordan were talking about when they equated you to the pre-**** m2k.

Paul(kid A): WTF with that ganondorf man!? can't believe i just about lost twice, let alone once. You need moar banana control with diddy. try throwing them so that they land beside each other, that way if the opponent dashes to grab one, he'll slip on the other.

Sean: I would say you did pretty good for your first tourney, and having very little practice. You're peach is already fast with the down airs, but you have to follow it up. ledgegaurding: most players won't get up from the edge instantly, use a spaced fair to keep them from getting back up and see what they do. If YOU are recovering, and hanging on the edge, you want to mix it up. jump up, roll, attack, or sometimes just stand up in place(press towards the stage,) or just drop down and regrab the ledge.

Jordan: japes is a terrible stage. i liked your norfair counter better. mindgames with diddy though = good fun. I can't post what you need to improve, lol, cause I don't know. You just about beat me.

All the TO's: Thank you for putting on another great event. I'm wondering where we could possibly advertise to get a bigger turnout...

Tyler: lol 9th? how is it you do better after not playing the game for a long period of time? I wish I could do that for melee, haha."

smu sucks

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
ahahahah, wow, I didn't remember being that sloppy with my l-cancels. Nick, you're too fast for me to think about tech skill when I play you.

Anyway, thanks a ton for the uploads, I've never seen myself play on tape before.

WF was set of the tournament I think.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Haha I agree, Winners Finals was pretty awesome. GF was just an SD fest, pretty unlucky and not that exciting.

I'm so **** lame with my rolls and f-smash ;)

camden

Smash Apprentice
I don't have enough time to sit down and do a long list of shoutouts, so I'll make it quick.

Everyone was awesome, Malcolm, you will be missed, and updated PRs coming soon. See you at the next big one!

BTW, 9th in singles = Best tourney for me yet. XD

Top Bottom