• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

TomH

Smash Journeyman
Hey Max,

Tourney was mad fun, of course. Tatsu (aka tower of doom) and I clearly need to learn marth match >_<... Rei 4 stocked Tatsu in crews. lol, owned. Crews was great.

Basement was plenty comfortable enough as far as number of people go, and im sure we couldve fit another 10 people. I just wish there were a few more chairs. I cant sit on the ground all day, im an old man.

If you need any help with stuff, feel free to ask.

-TOM HENRY

(or Tom FunnyJapaneseSymbol)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
okay, post of importance:

So, I've pretty much been letting the tapes play overnight while I feed the video into my computer. Easy, right? Just set the recording time for 2:38 and press play. Then go to bed.

WELL I was a ****** and decided that two and a half hours of footage is too much to check through, so I just skimmed through a little bit every time I did a tape (aka 5 seconds watched total), and they looked alright so I just left them there. I was going to deal with the splitting and encoding after I had all the footage on my computer.

Last night I got the second tape into my computer. I started doing the third this afternoon (was gonna take a nap) but I noticed this skipping issue with the video intake. After trying to figure out the problem for a little bit, I watched the beginning of the crews footage. Same stupid skipping issue. It's not your normal skipping, it was definitely a problem with the usb connection. After experimenting a bit I determine that it's pretty much the fault of the GameBridge™ considering the LED doesn't light up on a regular basis and it doesn't like associating with half of my usb ports.

I took that little ****er apart and I was pleased to see that there was a nice burn on the underside of the PCB and some nice breaks in the solder. I always knew that the GameBridge™ was a piece of ****, but just...lol. Like holy lol, honestly? It was stupid. Worst piece of **** capture card I have ever run across. I could list the billions of ways that it's horrible but I'll spare you all the eye bleeding.

So yes, that means I have NO capture card and NO way to get the tapes into my computer. Four tapes, they're like 2 and a half hours each and are labeled. I will gladly pass on the tapes to anybody who has a capture card. If you want the vids at all, someone is going to have to do this for me. Or, you can all optionally wait six months for me to get a decent composite capture card. Then I guess I'll take around another six months to get the vids uploaded like I usually do.

If someone else does this like I'm hoping, this means the vids won't be on my DC++! =O

Oh no, what will we do without Max's DC++ folder?! Oh wait lol, nobody uses that **** anyways. ******s. Too bad I have like every video I've ever recorded on that thing. Such a pity.

Smashfest this Saturday would be prime-time for picking up the tapes.

It's a good thing that GameBridge™ only cost me like $20. You get what you pay for. And some ****ty software that comes with it that I never use because it's a piece of ****. ****.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™
GameBridge™

skyheart

Smash Lord
no i actually like the game....lol

i like brawl and melee....

i like smash in general...i dont go around and bash one game just because of its physics.....
Either way brawl sucks, and theres nothing you can do to change our opinion of it. =D

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
I don't bash it just because of its physics. I bash it because I don't like it. Besides, since physics affects so much how can I not complain if the physics cause the game to become unenjoyable? :bee:

Enough arguing, someone get Sypher's vids and upload them. I'm sure just about everyone heaves a sigh of disappointment when they see that he hasn't uploaded them yet.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
Smashfest this Saturday would be prime-time for picking up the tapes.
Smashfest this saturday? I want to come but i think my dad+brother are taking the only other car that works and visiting family in west virginia or something

seriously i say "think" because no one ever tells me what the hell is going on

and i say "the only other car that works" because we actually have another car that i could take but it won't start because it sucks
like brawl

but sometimes we randomly get it to work, I think it's the battery

so yeah hopefully i can do that

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I would accept it Kadaj, however, it's actually the players who make the game unfun. When I play Brawl with the Originals and the Cooters and people who play the game straight up I actually enjoy it. I almost want to start going to tournaments again. But then I remember that no one plays like that in tournies. They camp and run away and pick gay stages because they can't win otherwise and infinite chain grab. Playing in Brawl tounies makes me want to rip my hair out. Unless by some miracle I get a bracket with only legitimately good people and no ****ing scrubs who make the game worse than it already is. In fact, even some of the GOOD players play gay and it's painful to play/watch.

I think the only thing in Melee that I hate is Jiggs. Other than that I love everything about Melee.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
It was the same way in melee and you know it....

campy falco's ,sheiks, Marths, Ic's infinites, gay chain grabs, shine infinites, ledge camping ganon's, ledge camping period, campy samus's, campy anyone with a projectile, campy jiggz, campy mario's.

Crouch cancel camping (M2K) lol
Edge camping (M2K) lol

Do you really think spammer was the only falco who played the way he did lmao

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Ledge camping wasn't nearly as effective in Melee. Let's say I'm Falcon on Dreamland against a laser camping Fox. Fox can camp lasers forever on Dreamland. However, Falcon is faster than Fox. All I have to do is catch up to him, grab/hit him and if I'm the smarter/more experienced player, combo his *** to death. Now I have the lead, and he can't camp anymore. Combos rendered camping VERY useless the majority of the time. But since you can't combo nearly at all in Brawl, it's just hit and run so the camper can do as he pleases forever.

LOL @ spammer, but he still was beaten by a lot of people. His camping in Brawl got him farther lmao

And also, projectile camping wasn't really as effective as your making it seem. I love fighting Falcos, even if they're campy. Lasers =/= win lol. I just gotta space and grab his *** or something to start a combo and BAM mother ****er can't laser camp no more haha.

CC isn't unbeatable. If they're CC camping you can still grab them LOL

Wobbling was banned

Shine infinites weren't possible on any neutral except for two parts of PS and you'd have to be pretty dumb to put yourself in that situation.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
CC is unbeatable when used right :laugh: just look at M2K's record

Chu didnt use wobbling but still 0-deathed ppl in melee all the time and you couldn't escape (little to no chance after being grabbed)

And you def. can combo in brawl you just need to know how, + what do you mean anyway you play diddy lmao he's a walking combo

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LOL I never said I didn't know how to combo :) all I do is combo. I'm saying most characters can't, and really no one can at higher percents.

And M2k used everything in the game smartly, there's a reason he's the best in the world. Bringing him up isn't the best example lol

It took skill to do that with ICs, and you could smash DI out of it at lower percents, which basically gave you another chance to separate those ****ers lol

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yea you guys bring up M2k just because hes the best but he is Frame Perfect >_> well at least he was idk about now .. hes rusted up a bit

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
i personally have never played brawl except for like one time at sypher's, i just bash it to fit in with the cool kids

but i can honestly say just from watching matches that it looks a little bit too slow for my tastes, especially when there are so many other fighters out there - it just doesn't compare IMO

and sometimes i check the brawl forums

yikes

skyheart

Smash Lord
no i just enjoy making the opponent think they beat me by not di'ing, we all enjoy the game of melee one way or another boss

kadaj, you are still stupid

looool

bye

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
yeah i'm going to have one this saturday i'm just really lazy and don't feel like changing the topic title
awesome

I'll be able to come, looks like my dad/brother aren't leaving until Monday so i'll have a car to drive

hopefully i won't be sick this time?

Top Bottom