• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

skyheart

Smash Lord
loool i wish there was audio recorded for the crew omg it was so good hahaha or even video of the crew battle (irl) hahaha

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
Lol Master: "Don't worry! All CK does is jab into upsmash!"

*CK does a jab and skips out on the upsmash and decides to miss a grab instead.*

:laugh:

skyheart

Smash Lord
haha, thats only because you had 1 stock. i most likely would have gotten wrecked in a falcon ditto if i was the starter. And that jiggs match i had to do after was sooooooooo gay lool

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
lol that jiggs match was brawl

lol minq i actually remember when he did that xD I was like 'he likes his Usmash' so I had DI'd out and jump back and I was like 'yay he missed the grab!'

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Wow, I had forgotten how much fun melee tourneys are :chuckle:

Well, I had a great time.

Korn, I'm gonna beat you next time. (mental note: learn how to play at Brinstar)

Thumbs, you're amazing. We totally owned in doubles. We're gonna get 1st next time

Crews were amazing, considering it was my first time. I thought I could've done better tho. LOLMASTER! DONT PICK ME AS A STARTER!!!!!!!

Sypher, thx a lot for da tourney. Hopefully, I can come again :p

-lloD (not Akhmed)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Man, I'm still mad at myself for letting Seb get 3 stocks off of me. :(

WHEN DID YOU GET SO GOOD?! :mad:
LOL playing Boss, Korn, and CK a lot I guess haha. I'll give ya some more Falcon practice next time. Watch M2k's Marth vs any Falcon to see what to do in that matchup.

Korn, I'm gonna beat you next time. (mental note: learn how to play at Brinstar)

Thumbs, you're amazing. We totally owned in doubles. We're gonna get 1st next time

Crews were amazing, considering it was my first time. I thought I could've done better tho. LOLMASTER! DONT PICK ME AS A STARTER!!!!!!!

-lloD (not Akhmed)
Team Kirbulate is too good. Our three game comeback against Blues and your bro was spectacular. We'll get Korn and CK next time :)

skyheart

Smash Lord

-lloD (not Akhmed)
Akhmed!!! hahahahahaha I remember screaming that name out to find out who his character was lol. good times good times. also I dont think me and you played at all =( We HAVE to get some friendly's with each other next time =D

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol yeah those are kinda old. I can't go to youtube at work so I'll link you some later tonight when I get home. But there are a plethora of matches where M2k ***** Falcon so hard. It's one dthrow by the ledge and they're not coming back lol.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Yeah Falcon is really easy to beat off the stage. You just need to go off stage and untip Fair, and if he hits you with UpB, tech the stage and Fair again ;P

SO MANY FALCONS YESTERDAY

the matchup was too easy by the end of the day x/

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
falcon does really well vs marth, lol

announce another one of these, i wanna come!!!

maybe i can get someone to drive me when i live in pasadena

skyheart

Smash Lord
falcon actually ***** marth pretty hard, hence why m2k didn't go marth vs darkrain and went sheik cause....

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Lmfao...I saw that there were Melee tourneys in Northern VA and got excited to check it out...But all I saw was drama between Korn and Slik. You guys need to chill the **** out. MD/VA has always been a mad chill smash scene since I've been around, so quit **** talking each other like little kids.

On another note, how many people usually attend these? Would it be worth Tope and I travelling to? Does teams usually end up paying out or do people just play it for free like mentioned on the first page?

skyheart

Smash Lord
Lmfao...I saw that there were Melee tourneys in Northern VA and got excited to check it out...But all I saw was drama between Korn and Slik. You guys need to chill the **** out. MD/VA has always been a mad chill smash scene since I've been around, so quit **** talking each other like little kids.

On another note, how many people usually attend these? Would it be worth Tope and I travelling to? Does teams usually end up paying out or do people just play it for free like mentioned on the first page?
Its def worth coming to, the more the merrier lol. And on sat there was a 10$ entry fee (5$ a person)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
April 4th Tournament Results:

Singles:
1: Blues
2: ChaosKnight
3: lol master
4: Korn
5: Shinku
5: EmuKiller
7: lloD
7: SMASH G0D
9: Tower of Doom
9: Prodigal One
9: ACE
9: Philo
13: SypherPhoenix
13: Kuya
13: No Face
13: krnred225
17: Afro
17: Epsilon
17: TOM HENRY
17: ZaborgZaloog

CK and Blues split.

Doubles:
1: Team Parenthesis and #2 (Korn + ChaosKnight)
2: lloD way up my thumbs (thumbs + lloD)
3: Chrono Trigger (SMASH G0D + Blues)
4: Hannah Montana (ACE + lol master)
5: HARD GAY (Rei + Prodigal One)
5: Team CK and Korn (parenthesis + #2)
7: Two Noobs (Epsilon + Philo)
7: Team Awesome (TOM HENRY + Tower of Doom)
9: Thunder **** (EmuKiller + Afro)
9: Lazy Shell (krnred225 + SypherPhoenix)

UGHHHHH I was running around the entire time doing ****, lol. I got in nine matches before crews were over (not including my crew matches). These things are getting too big for my basement. I'm going to try holding about two more, and if they are still as big as this one was I'll have to look into a venue. Yes, that means there will be a venue fee. The venue would be close to my house. I figured a long time ago that if these were to be sucessful I'd have to get a venue eventually...

The out of region players were awesome. I was so glad to see them. You guys will always be welcome to come.

Overnight was tight, I'll definitely do it again sometime in the summer.

It was great to see some people that I haven't seen in a while. Especially Carlos, it's been like, what, six or seven months?

I would leave more shoutouts with more complexity but there is just too much stuff to cover. Thank you so much, everybody, for supporting these biweeklies. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Hax said:
Melee will never die.

_Kuya_

Smash Rookie
Man.. learned alot. Wish i got to play teams, im less nervous and start to **** moar. Also i JV 5 stocked that crew match.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
holy **** seems like more oos people will come to this :o lol time to practicing more melee !

<3 Cyrain

but i didn't start it, i'm not a lil drama girl like he does lol
im always chill :)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Lmfao @ Korn. You know I love you to death. <333
Slik's always been a chill dude too, though. The last thing that needs to happen in the smash scene is some kind of "Next time I see you, if you talk ****, I'm gonna..." scenario. It's all about friendly and good natured competition. Don't make me come up there and **** both of you
In Melee AND real life
>_<

-Edit-
Wtf is up with Kuya's avatar? Is that some kind of ********, halfway melted Kirby from hell ?o_O

-Edit 2-
Wait, isn't Slik part of the military now? Alright, he might kick my scrawny white *** IRL, but Tope's beard would manhandle him. =D

Lobos

Smash Master
ObligatoryThumbsfoxgets3stockbymylink

You know I will never let you live it up. haha

Cyrain - Military? No you must be thinking about Dos-v........

skyheart

Smash Lord
Lmfao @ Korn. You know I love you to death. <333
Slik's always been a chill dude too, though. The last thing that needs to happen in the smash scene is some kind of "Next time I see you, if you talk ****, I'm gonna..." scenario. It's all about friendly and good natured competition. Don't make me come up there and **** both of you
In Melee AND real life
>_<

-Edit
Wtf is up with Kuya's avatar? Is that some kind of ********, halfway melted Kirby from hell ?o_O

-Edit 2-
Wait, isn't Slik part of the military now? Alright, he might kick my scrawny white *** IRL, but Tope's beard would manhandle him. =D
looooooooooooooooooooooooool, yo come to spoc, so we can loool

-brawllover

Cyrain

Smash Ace
@ Lobos - Ah, you are correct sir. I seriously have the worst memory in the world. Well either way, Tope's beard would crushrape everything. And lol @ plank. I'll be there to steal it from you. =O <333

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I can't believe I didn't know all this time who the hell Skyheart was [until the last couple days' conversations]...no wonder he always spoke with an air of...having an opinion [wow I suck at articulating thoughts :(]

lol @ Lobos - It's too good a feeling to let go when you beat the high/top tier of someone "good" with a low(/mid) tier...esp when it's a "__ stock"...right CK? ^_^ EDIT: that goes for you too, Cyrain ;)

skyheart

Smash Lord
not really if i wanted to i'd make a new name and **** the boards again, but i just don't feel like it, i've already beaten the game of 'smashboards'

- lol master

Top Bottom